PDA

View Full Version : prettiest boy

rachelgirlnw1
02-14-2012, 09:09 PM
Did any of you see this article about Andrej Pejic (http://www.salon.com/2012/02/14/the_prettiest_boy_in_the_world/singleton/)? He's a Bosnian male model in a Dutch ad campaign promoting a bra. Here's the tag line:

A push-up bra that gives you 2 cup sizes extra. Modeled by Andrej Pejic. A man. So imagine what it can do for a woman.

Wow... talk about pretty!

A *big kudos* to HEMA and the fashion industry for tastefully pushing the boundaries of how we see men and women! :kiss:

rachel

Regan
02-14-2012, 10:57 PM
I cannot believe that was a man, he is beautiful. And you are right they did it with a lot of taste.

Brittany CD
02-14-2012, 11:05 PM
Wow, I would love to be paid to wear all those outfits

AlexisRaeMoon
02-14-2012, 11:11 PM
I want one of those bras!

Karren H
02-14-2012, 11:23 PM
I follow one of Andrej's fan pages on Facebook and not all his photos are what I call lady like! Lol. http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-c.ak/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/429770_299399926784927_172311046160483_849447_3376 65295_n.jpg

StephanieDragg
02-14-2012, 11:42 PM
Joe Namath modeled pantyhose in the same fashion about 35-40 years ago, he had nice legs, but wasn't as pretty!!!

Chiana
02-18-2012, 02:35 AM
I saw this thread a couple of days ago and decided to find out more about Andrej. What a stunning beauty. I got a kick out of finding out that she made the top 100 most beautiful women in the world list with FHM magazine readers. Her attitude is so casual about her "situation". It makes me think about the changes in public attitudes. When I was young the attitude about CD'ing was so much different. I think that the Internet has a lot to do with it. What will it be like in another 20, 30, 40 years. Will the researchers find that the % of CD'ers is significantly higher than they think now?

DanaR
02-18-2012, 03:12 AM
I follow one of Andrej's fan pages on Facebook and not all his photos are what I call lady like! Lol. http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-c.ak/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/429770_299399926784927_172311046160483_849447_3376 65295_n.jpg
Karren, because of the B/W photo, it is difficult to see what color his nails are.:D

JiveTurkeyOnRye
02-18-2012, 03:17 AM
I saw this thread a couple of days ago and decided to find out more about Andrej. What a stunning beauty. I got a kick out of finding out that she made the top 100 most beautiful women in the world list with FHM magazine readers. Her attitude is so casual about her "situation".

Don't want to nitpick here, but Andrej identifies as a male, he models women's and men's clothes but doesn't consider himself female, and his feminine look is his natural appearance. I know that typically on this site it is considered polite to default to the female pronouns but as someone who often presents as male I think it should be respected when someone chooses not to.

GaleWarning
02-18-2012, 03:37 AM
Don't want to nitpick here, but Andrej identifies as a male, he models women's and men's clothes but doesn't consider himself female, and his feminine look is his natural appearance. I know that typically on this site it is considered polite to default to the female pronouns but as someone who often presents as male I think it should be respected when someone chooses not to.

" ... (he) made the top 100 most beautiful women in the world list ..." just doesn't sound right, JT.
:)

Having said that, I am well-known on this forum for venting whenever someone refers to me as a female or a "gurl".
:spank:

Chiana
02-18-2012, 09:40 AM

No problem. I have spent the last couple of days watching interviews and reading about Andrej and I would not agree that Andrej presents as male IRL. Andrej almost always wears women's cloths in public. When Andrej went to Bosnia to visit her/his grandmother, Andrej presented as female the entire trip. When Andrej travels around the world or to and from gigs in NY, she/he wears women's clothing. When he models as a male, his clothes are really pushing the limits of androgeny. Certainly not masculine at all. Andrej started dressing at a very young age and started dressing almost all of the time around 13, according to one bio. When Andrej wore the bridal gown on the runway Mom called her/him the most beautiful girl in the world. When interviewed, Andrej says she/he has not made any decisions about "her situation", when referring to dressing. Andrej said that all of her/his favorite clothing are women's clothes. it would seem pretty obvious to all where Andrej's head really is. On the other hand. Andrej is ranked as the world's #18 male model. And in a ironic reverse descrimination situation, Andrej gets paid less than the female supermodels for the same shows, according to one interview. But Andrej did find it "flattering" when a construction worker kissed the window by her when she was having lunch at a New York diner. All in all, I think Andrej would not have any issues with being referred to as she, her, etc. And would probably prefer it. But Andrej probably wouldn't mind if anyone referred to him in the masculine either. Andrej has a very uncluttered way of looking at the whole thing.