PDA

View Full Version : Movies with great clothes

Brynna M
02-14-2012, 09:52 PM
So, I just watched the tourist. (Angelina Jolee and Johny Depp) while I will never be anything that could do justice to the clothes I found myself lusting after Jolee's clothes.... It was almost fun.

It was a fun story... thought I'd share.

Anyone have any "clothes movies" ?

StephanieDragg
02-14-2012, 09:56 PM
Not pin pointing an exact movie, but seeing the women in the old style suits from the thirties and forties, I can't keep my eyes off them, the hair styles and make up also are very attractive!!!

NathalieX66
02-14-2012, 10:01 PM
One of my favorite scenes is Penelope Cruz and Matthew McConaughey in the movie Nine.
You can find the scene on youtube, just type Nine A Call From the Vatican.

Suzy Parker
02-14-2012, 10:08 PM
I liked Sandra Bullock in the The Proposal and The Blind Side. I also love older fashions like those worn on Mad Men specifically those by Christina Hendricks!

crossIsFun
02-14-2012, 11:06 PM
Not a movie, but the Showtime series weeds... All I look at when I watch that are her outfits!

FeelingFem
02-14-2012, 11:40 PM
#1 for me was "The Devil Wears Prada." I could watch that movie over and over again.

By total coincidence this came to my mind before I read StephanieDragg's post. This week my wife and I finished watching Season 2 of Fringe (the TV series). In Episode 20 (called Brown Betty), the characters were all in 1940's styles. The female actors on the show looked stunning !! We both loved the look. I agree with you Steph, the fashions and hair styles are amazing! I'm a fan of that look (and of course those shoe styles).

Kathi Lake
02-14-2012, 11:42 PM
Movie? No. TV show? Definitely! I love almost everything the character Emma Pillsbury wears on Glee. So cute and "uptight" and awesome!

:)

Kathi

StacyChambers
02-14-2012, 11:55 PM
Another TV show with great clothes is Gossip Girl. Blair's style just blows me away.

Persephone
02-15-2012, 04:00 AM
Gone With The Wind (1939) -- The all time greatest movie EVER made, it has everything! Romance, vengance, AND incredible costumes (Thank you Walter Plunket)!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/GoneWithTheWind.jpg

Hugs,
Persephone.

Anna Abwaerts
02-15-2012, 05:22 AM
Some British show about Agatha Christie`s Mrs Marple, not the ancient version, but recent remake. The setting is always somewhere in 1950-1960 (might be wrong), the actresses are top-notch and so are also their attire. That is, if you can *take* the scenes with Marple herself :)

The show is not my type, and Agatha Christie shows neither, but its nice to watch those women.

Talldrinkofwater
02-15-2012, 05:30 AM
I second the show Gossip Girl. All of outfits are from the same, real designer. Can't remember the name now but goggle it. Everything is super cute and chic.
As far as movies, i was always really jealous of Cher's closet/outfit designer software in the movie Clueless. Almost 20 years later there is nothing that uses this feature that well. I know most girls would luv it.

Karren H
02-15-2012, 07:15 AM
Any movie where women don't wear jeans is a great movie!! :)

donnalee
02-15-2012, 08:10 AM
Anything from the '30s or '40s; also some of the British stuff on Public TV, particularly Poirot, as well as some of the clothes from the teens (1910-19} on "Downton Abbey".

Suzy Parker
02-15-2012, 08:40 AM
How about "Pleasantville"? I loved the scene were Reece is standing there in an old foundation girdle with bullet bra cups: "Jennifer: [looking at boobs in mirror] I could, like, kill a guy with these things."

As for TV shows anybody watch "Body of Proof" with Dana Delaney? She is always dressed in a skirt suit with the tightest pencil skirts and great heels.

Julie Denier
02-15-2012, 11:37 AM
"Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" -- Elizabeth Taylor changing her stockings ... love it!