PDA

View Full Version : Clips on bottom of bras

Parker0429
10-30-2005, 10:21 PM
I've noticed several bras with clips on the bottoms of the cups and also on the back. What are these clips for? Attaching pantyhose?

Thanks.

Jen

Wenda
10-31-2005, 01:34 AM
are you sure you have them right side upÉ Just wondering.

Robertacd
10-31-2005, 09:39 AM
I've noticed several bras with clips on the bottoms of the cups and also on the back. What are these clips for? Attaching pantyhose?

Thanks.

Jen

Were they longline bras? Longlines are the only lnoes I have seen with clips on the bottom. The ones I have seen have a garter style clip on them. they are for attaching to a girtle to make a sort of all-in-one shaper. Thtats pretty retro, you don't see it much anymore these days.

If it was a standard bra then Wenda is right and they are the hooks for connecting the straps in any one of several configurations, often called a convertable bra. And the hooks go on top.

Sedona
10-31-2005, 01:56 PM
Were they longline bras? Longlines are the only lnoes I have seen with clips on the bottom. The ones I have seen have a garter style clip on them. they are for attaching to a girtle to make a sort of all-in-one shaper. Thtats pretty retro, you don't see it much anymore these days.

If it was a standard bra then Wenda is right and they are the hooks for connecting the straps in any one of several configurations, often called a convertable bra. And the hooks go on top.

Yes, maybe a longline? Or a basque/torsolette (similar to longline), something like this:

http://www.midnightexpress.co.uk/product_details.asp?intID=516

or:
http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?GrpTyp=ENS&ItemID=0c3874e&RefPage=Products&StoreRegNo=&catalog_base=&firstpage=&cmOrigID=0C1020B&cmPosID=2

Perhaps the bra is a regular type with hooks at the bottom for chains to dangle from the bottom. Fetish wear is the only thing I've seen that might have something like this included on a regular brasserie. Can you send a picture of it, or the maker/model number?

Parker0429
10-31-2005, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the replies. It was a 3/4 long line bra. Maybe for attaching a hi waist girdle. They appeared to look the same as garter clips for attaching stockings, but I could not enlarge the pic for a more detailed view. Anyway, thanks all for the response.

Sedona
10-31-2005, 04:36 PM
Good luck with this Parker,

Men are often much longer in the torso than women (who usually have proportionally, longer legs). This is why your longline may seem to have very short straps, which I'd bet are exclusively for attaching stockings. If you can't get the straps (usually 4, maybe six) to stretch far enough to attach stockings, you might try ditching the straps, and going with a garter belt, which will sit lower on your hips (and may be more comfy to boot).

Longlines are very nice garments, but it is often a challenge to find one that fits correctly. Might try: http://www.crepe-suzette.com/. Good customer service I've found.

Cheers,

Sedona