PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions

Laurie Ann
10-30-2005, 10:32 PM
I am looking for some help from all the great women here. As much as I would love to have my ears pierced due to job, age and other factors its impossible. I am wondering if anyone knows of any sites which sell clip on earrings which look more like pierced earrings. I was speaking to a GG friend who deals with many CD's in her business and said she thought one of her other customers mentioned that they are available but did not know where to find them. Any thoughts? Thanks Laurie Ann

Stephanie Brooks
10-30-2005, 10:53 PM
Sure. Amazon. They sell everything. :p

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search.html/103-9985991-3368621?%5Fencoding=UTF8&node=3880591&brand=Monet

(There's lots of different jewelry at this link; it isn't all clip earrings.)

Monet is my favorite brand of clips. You can find them in better department stores in your area. In the DC area I normally go to Hechts, a May company. I don't know what other May Company stores are in your area, so you might Google it.

Geez, you're in northern NJ. Go to Macy's and you should be able to find some clip-ons that are very nice, I would think. Also you could try Lord and Taylor, Bloomingdale, and other similar stores. I know you're looking online. You don't need to go online.

If you're buying any kind of women's jewelry it is assumed it is for a woman. And yes, real women wear clip-on earrings. I work with a GG who is on the other side of 50 who wears clips.

"They're for my (wife | girlfriend)."

"She wears clips. Never wanted holes in her ears."

"She likes (silver | gold | large | small | dangly | plain | wild | <fill in the blank>) earrings."

Christmas and Chanukah are coming, so the only good excuses for not going to a brick and mortar shop are that 1) you can save time and money online; and 2) you found exactly what you wanted.

Good luck Laurie Ann!

Adrianne
10-31-2005, 12:29 AM
Laurie try this site http://www.cliptomania.com/index.htm
I hope this helps you.

Wenda
10-31-2005, 01:01 AM
If my gf ever has a garage sale, I will post it on this site!

Marlena Dahlstrom
10-31-2005, 02:26 AM
Not sure that they look like they're actually pierced but http://www.crazy4clipons.com/ has some very nice (and reasonably priced) clip-ons.

FYI, they've also got "pierced look" clips, which you may be able to swap out with your current earrings.

Deborah_UK
10-31-2005, 03:43 AM
If you don't always want to wear "dangly" earrings - have you thought about magnetic ones? I was wearing a pair yesterday - they stayed on all day and I couldn't feel them - I was due to go out drab in the evening and only remembered I still had my studs on/in. I bought them when I was in the USA from one of those Accessory type shops in a mall over there.

Marlena Dahlstrom
10-31-2005, 12:53 PM
One thing to be careful about the magnetic earrings is that you can knock them off if you touch them -- for example, while brushing your hair back. I haven't worn mine in a while, but thought about applying It Stays or some other adhensive to keep that from happening.

Linda-x
10-31-2005, 02:13 PM
Clair's Boutique, has a great assortment of clip-ons. Also clip convertors,( for converting stud type to clip on). I do find that clip on's can leave a mark, or even a scab, more noticible than having piercings. I cut a very small square from a cloth type bandage, or band aid, and that spreads out the pressure, and alleviates the red mark. I think your closest Clair's is here...
CLAIRE'S / QUAKERBRIDGE MALL

gender_blender
10-31-2005, 07:55 PM
Claire's has an awesome array of clip-on earrings. People can't tell mine are fake and I wear them all over my face all the time.

Charlie

Jodi
10-31-2005, 08:34 PM
Laurie Ann, I have used the pierced to clip-on adaptors for years. As was said above, these are available at "Claires". Most pierced style earrings will fit the adaptors without any alteration to the earrings. another great thing about the adaptors is that the tension on the clip can be adjusted by slightly bending the clip. This will eliminate the pinching that one can get from clip-ons.

Jodi

Karren H
11-01-2005, 01:28 AM
I am looking for some help from all the great women here. As much as I would love to have my ears pierced due to job, age and other factors its impossible. I am wondering if anyone knows of any sites which sell clip on earrings which look more like pierced earrings. I was speaking to a GG friend who deals with many CD's in her business and said she thought one of her other customers mentioned that they are available but did not know where to find them. Any thoughts? Thanks Laurie Ann

Ebay has lots of clip-on and screw-on errings!! Vintage estate sale items too!! Bought 50 pair for an average 80 cents each! Also flea markets are a great source of clip-ons!!

Love Karren

Laurie Ann
11-01-2005, 09:54 PM
Thanks everyone some really great ideas