PDA

View Full Version : Out in San Francisco

Jenniferathome
02-15-2012, 08:46 PM
Ok, it's like.y the most tolerant city in the world, BUT, tonight will be my first time out where interaction with others is required. Drinks, dinner, and the great unknown. Thanks to Rachael and Allie for taking me out!

Had to add the only pictures of the night.

At dinner is was Rachael on the left, me in the middle and Allie on the right

Barbara Ella
02-15-2012, 08:52 PM
You go get em girl. Will be waiting for the posts on the great time you had...

Babes

ArleneRaquel
02-15-2012, 09:20 PM
Best wishes darlin. I hope that the adventure will turn out as a compete success.

Jacqueline Winona
02-15-2012, 09:36 PM
That's great, Jen! I can't wait to hear the details. :)

Debglam
02-15-2012, 10:29 PM
Very jealous!!! But you couldn't have picked a better couple of girlfriends to hit the town with! Have a great evening and tell us all about it tomorrow!

Debby

DianeDeBris
02-15-2012, 10:32 PM
Jen -- we're all happy for you and eager to hear the tales of your adventures!
Hugs -- Diane

JessHaust
02-16-2012, 12:40 AM
I'll be surprised if you don't have the time of your life, and come home wondering why you have not done this sooner!

phballet
02-16-2012, 01:19 AM
haha i hope it was a nice experience! i most probably will be making a trip down to sf in summer for abt 6 wks and am also thinking of going out for my first time haha....

Beverley Sims
02-16-2012, 02:10 AM
Tolerant? I think they invented the word.
Have a good time out there, I know i did.

Jenniferathome
02-16-2012, 04:35 AM
Just got back to the hotel at 1:30am. And yes Debby, my two hostesses (Aalie andRacheal) were fantastic. To anyone waiting to go out, don't wait. Get a friend, and go. Now, SF is quite tolerant for Crossdressers or any of the transgender ilk, but the one on one interactions, talk to you eye to eye conversations, was incredible. Drinks, dinner and drinks went flawlessly. I didn't feel dressed at any point. It was relaxing, fun, stimulating and completely natural. I wore a dress and heels and was not overdressed anywhere. What tonight showed me is that rather than hiding, reaching out to the masses resulted in nothing but positives. No one cared if i was wearing a dress or a suite. They only cared about the person. Humans can surprise you. I was totally nervous while getting ready and completely relaxed throughout the night.

Samantha, send Allie SF a note if you come here. She's a great tour guide.

AllieSF
02-16-2012, 05:05 AM
Funny, how when you have had a memorable moment that you want to share it with others! Had drinks on the highest floor of her hotel with a wonderful view of the roofs of all the shorter buildings, then to dinner at a very upscale restaurant at the base of the hotel, and then on to after dinner drinks and a lot of conversation and a newbie Tarot card reading at out favorite "Cheers" bar in the Castro where we literally closed the bar. Nothing could be finer than a night in Carolina, or is that San Francisco, with some great friends, old and new! Till the next time Jennifer.

ThiHi
02-16-2012, 08:16 AM
Awesome and congrats! Doing the same now, first real time out, in palm springs. Having a ball!

cindy777
02-16-2012, 08:29 AM
So happy for you Jennifer, to have such a great experience with true friends:)

Some day, hopefully this summer, I will have to be as brave as you and truly live.

Cindy

linda allen
02-16-2012, 08:39 AM
................ but the one on one interactions, talk to you eye to eye conversations, was incredible. Drinks, dinner and drinks went flawlessly. I didn't feel dressed at any point. It was relaxing, fun, stimulating and completely natural. .........

What has kept me from one on one interactions is mostly the voice. I have managed a few "good morning"s or "thank you" in public with a voice that probably sounds more like Michael Jackson than a female.

Were you using a female voice and attempting to pass as a female or your natural voice and just not worrying about the "crossdresser" thing?

Jennifer Marie P.
02-16-2012, 09:15 AM
You go girl glad you had a great adventure its fun going out with the girls.

Jenniferathome
02-16-2012, 11:04 AM
Some day, hopefully this summer, I will have to be as brave as you and truly live.

Cindy, there was no bravery. THAT'S what's interesting about this. We build up in our minds something that does not exist but we feel we have to overcome. It's in your head, it was the way for me. This was really a non-event when I think about it (Allie made that possible) Just three friends having an evening out. Having a friend at your side makes the difference. Find a friend

Jenniferathome
02-16-2012, 11:05 AM
Were you using a female voice and attempting to pass as a female or your natural voice and just not worrying about the "crossdresser" thing?

Linda, I used my male voice. I will practice a more feminine voice but it wasn't Asa weird as I thought it would be, voice wise.

JessHaust
02-16-2012, 12:17 PM
Just got back to the hotel at 1:30am. And yes Debby, my two hostesses (Aalie andRacheal) were fantastic. To anyone waiting to go out, don't wait. Get a friend, and go. Now, SF is quite tolerant for Crossdressers or any of the transgender ilk, but the one on one interactions, talk to you eye to eye conversations, was incredible. Drinks, dinner and drinks went flawlessly. I didn't feel dressed at any point. It was relaxing, fun, stimulating and completely natural. I wore a dress and heels and was not overdressed anywhere. What tonight showed me is that rather than hiding, reaching out to the masses resulted in nothing but positives. No one cared if i was wearing a dress or a suite. They only cared about the person. Humans can surprise you. I was totally nervous while getting ready and completely relaxed throughout the night.

This thread should be required reading for all new members. There are so many of us that fear going out, even though it is our hearts desire. When we do it is almost always just like this, uplifting and wonderful. It breaks down so many of those old fears.

Jenniferathome
02-16-2012, 12:58 PM
Jess, I agree (not necessarily about the required reading) but the obsitcals we imagine are far greater than any in reality. Before I went out, I was getting nervous. I wasn't going to chicken out but I was nervous. I spoke to my wife and she says, "So what's the worst that can happen? Someone you don't know, who might read you, might call you a name." and that's the truth. I think as crossdressers we think we might be more tolerant of a crossdresser, but I think the world in general just doesn't care and a positive interaction will give that person a nice story, a new perspective and now, in my limited experience, they stop seeing a crossdresser and you're just a person. The human being is really an amazing animal.

rachaelsloane
02-16-2012, 01:05 PM
It was such a pleasure meeting you and felt like we were the "Three Muskegal's" taking SF by storm. Nobody was going to get in our way and we were and did have a great night.
Have a good trip home and next time, do bring your wife.

Jenniferathome
02-16-2012, 01:10 PM
You too Rachael! For sure my wife comes next time. Good time.

Mindy More
02-16-2012, 01:22 PM
That sounds like a wicked awesome good time. Glad you 3 had such good fun.
And the advice on having a friend with you is very good, I plan to follow that if/when I make my way out and about.

Jenniferathome
02-16-2012, 06:24 PM
a wicked awesome good time. Mindy, I thought you were from San Diego,not Boston :-)

My next trip, we're going out

Silentpartner GG SO
02-16-2012, 06:34 PM
Really pleased it all went well for you Jennifer - you obviously had a great time. There'll be no holding you back now. x

jjjjohanne
02-16-2012, 06:47 PM
It is as if we are scared of being seen by that first person. After that, it is much less significant. I have had positive experiences much like yours in a couple other places that were not as known for being tolerant as SF. People are just not likely to do anything more than look at you to see that you are different. Then they are going to try to not be rude and go on with their business.

Jorja
02-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Congratulations on your first trip out among the masses, Jennifer! Now, why did you wait so long? :)

Not to be a downer, I want to mention that if this is going to become required reading ;), not every town is as welcoming and accepting as San Francisco. Please be careful and stay safe if you do choose to go out. Know something about the cultural climate before hand. There are still a few places around that are not accepting of transgenders at all.

Debglam
02-16-2012, 09:48 PM
Just AWESOME!!!! Jennifer! I knew you girls were going to have a great time!

I didn't feel dressed at any point.

Isn't that weird!?!? I know exactly what you mean.

It was such a pleasure meeting you and felt like we were the "Three Muskegal's" taking SF by storm.

Ya sure it wasn't the Three Muscatels wine girl? :heehee:

Sounds like an absolutely lovely evening and Jennifer is right on so many points. This can be so much fun and so joyous. I tend to agree that in most places and at most times, most people just don't care.

Hope to join you girls soon!

Debby

Jenniferathome
02-16-2012, 10:37 PM
added some pictures Debby. Next time for sure you have to come.

Janet77
02-16-2012, 10:48 PM
Congratulations on getting out. And in my favorite city too!