PDA

View Full Version : whats the closest you've come to outting yourself?

alexism&f
02-15-2012, 09:37 PM
So I just had probably the closest call I've ever had to outting myself. My wife (was my gf when I first joined) is very supportive of my dressing, and even going out, she participates sometimes etc. So she is working an evening shift so I've been alone all evening, so I got dressed up and went for a quick outting, I was really happy with how I did my wig and makeup this time, so when I got home I took a pic to picture message to her. Unfortunately instead of hitting the "share" button on my android phone to send a picture text I hit the "quick upload" button to automatically upload the pic to facebook. I immediately logged onto fb to delete the pic, but luckily I realized it was still uploading, and I canceled the upload at 93% complete. Needless to say it for someone who isn't out to anyone other than my wife it was a scary few seconds lol

Has anyone else had a similar close call?

RenneB
02-15-2012, 10:31 PM
Ahhh yea. The SO some time ago yells at me from upstairs "Hey, who's boots are these" That was an AWCr*p moment but with a little wiggling I was in the clear. Then one of my bioreplacements says, "what that stuff around your eyes" as I had leftover masquara... "ah must be some dirt from workin in the garage" and that was the end of that... especially since I now have a supply of waterproof makup remover on hand. Then there was the time that my other bioreplacement said "hey, are your wearing girl jeans?".... sometimes silence is just the answer as I was about 10 steps in front of her and pretended to not hear her... hasn't said a word since....

That's about as close as it's been....so far.... However, I feel that for all of us in 'hiding' it's not a matter of 'if' but just a matter of 'when' we get the full out.

Renne.....

Nikki A.
02-15-2012, 10:33 PM
Almost outed myself to my daughter. I was supposed to meet her at Drs office. Ran some errands dressed up, changed and realized that I forgotten nail polish remover. went to pick up remover right by the Drs office. I was looking to see if her car was in the parking lot, didn't realize I drifted and I hit a curb and blew a tire. So I picked up the rmover, & changed the tire and was late to meet her. Very expensive and stupid.

Anne2345
02-15-2012, 10:50 PM
Last summer I took off from work to have lunch at home. I put on a bright red lipstick, and used lipliner to keep the lines smooth, distinct, and feminine. Anyways, it was not my house cleaners day to stop by, but she did so anyways (my wife knew she was going to, but neglected to tell me). So I am happily in the kitchen preparing my lunch, wearing lipstick and in my own world, I did not hear her come into the house because I had the water running. And the next thing I know she walks into the kitchen. Even if I hadn't been so obviously wearing lipstick, she would have scared the crap out of me. But that I was wearing lipstick, it made it so much worse. I turned my back, and tried to wipe it off with paper towels. But she saw. She never admitted to seeing it, but she apologized profusely, and called later on the again apologize. She saw beyond any doubt, but thankfully chose to remain silent and loyal. Whew! That is my closest call. Other than outright coming out to certain friends, that is. But that is a different story altogether and not part of the OP.

Brittany CD
02-16-2012, 12:02 AM
I almost told my friends after one of them mentioned she's always wanted to know a crossdresser. I don't know what stopped me from doing so

Erin Lorelei
02-16-2012, 02:57 AM
I've wanted to tell my gf for a while now, but have never had the courage. I've dropped reminders, but never told her. The closest I've come to being ousted would be leaving websites in the history. She once asked me why a crossdressing clothing site was in the history... I blamed it on drunk friends.:P

RADER
02-16-2012, 10:25 AM
Throw away that phone; get instead that can of soup with the string, like
you see on TV, I know you will not send pictures on that. LOL
Rader

vikki2020
02-16-2012, 11:01 AM
My SO knows, but, that's it. But, when I go out, I shop very close to the house, in the neighborhood stores. I also work close to home, so, there is a chance I might be seen, and I don't mind,or care. If it happens, so be it! Actually, one night, I came home, and decided to walk the dog, while still dressed, lol! It was late, but kind of a bold move for me,:heehee:

Nikki A.
02-16-2012, 11:11 AM
I've done the late night dog walk thing dressed a few times also. Only time I was seen completely dressed by a neighbor was on Halloween (I was dressed as Mimi from the Drew Carey show). It was dark and her dog ran out the door and she was runing to get him. She thought I had a "friend" over until she heard my voice. She was more embarassed than me lol.

Cheryl T
02-16-2012, 11:35 AM
We were getting ready to go out to our monthly meeting and I had just finished getting ready. Our nephew showed up at the door just before we were going to leave. My wife had to tell him I was sleeping (didn't feel good) and she entertained him for a while until he had to go. I was close to saying "the heck with it" and just introducing him to Cheryl...good thing I didn't, my wife would have flipped.

Karren H
02-16-2012, 12:00 PM
My closest time was a direct hit and she found some things I had left in my wardrobe! She aked. I didn't lie... Boom.... Lots of screaming and crying and carrying on. She was pretty upset too! :D

Jeninus
02-16-2012, 12:08 PM
@ Erin
I've wanted to tell my gf for a while now, but have never had the courage. I've dropped reminders, but never told her. The closest I've come to being ousted would be leaving websites in the history. She once asked me why a crossdressing clothing site was in the history... I blamed it on drunk friends.:P

If you want to tell your girl friend, perhaps you should find a way to do it. Hiding it will only prove corrosive to your relationship later if that relationship grows deeper. Find an occasion - that's the only way she could become supportive. And if she were supportive, well, games on! If not, then you could save a heavy load of heart break.

You should also use Tools on your browser to wipe your history if you don't want others to find out where you've been. Also, this website...I've renamed it "Tea Party Express" in my bookmarks to keep casual observers from outing me on that score.

DonnaT
02-16-2012, 03:24 PM
There have been a few.

One, I was out and about in Vegas for my birthday and my wife neglected to tell me our daughter was coming to town as a birthday surprise. Luckily she didn't know the lay of the town well enough to find us, so we went to meet her after I changed. I've since told her.

So I just had probably the closest call I've ever had to outting myself. My wife (was my gf when I first joined) is very supportive of my dressing, and even going out, she participates sometimes etc. So she is working an evening shift so I've been alone all evening, so I got dressed up and went for a quick outting, I was really happy with how I did my wig and makeup this time, so when I got home I took a pic to picture message to her. Unfortunately instead of hitting the "share" button on my android phone to send a picture text I hit the "quick upload" button to automatically upload the pic to facebook. I immediately logged onto fb to delete the pic, but luckily I realized it was still uploading, and I canceled the upload at 93% complete. Needless to say it for someone who isn't out to anyone other than my wife it was a scary few seconds lol

A school teacher recently resigned because he sent a picture of his genitals to facebook due to a similar mistake.

Gotta be careful with them smart phones.

DCChris
02-16-2012, 03:35 PM
@ Erin
You should also use Tools on your browser to wipe your history if you don't want others to find out where you've been. Also, this website...I've renamed it "Tea Party Express" in my bookmarks to keep casual observers from outing me on that score.

I use Firefox and just have it set to Private Browsing.

Ally 2112
02-16-2012, 04:02 PM
Well my x wife knows and my x gf after her but the latest thing is i told a girl at a party just lately i shave my legs she laughed and said cool .She did ask to see them but i declinded (i was also wearing tights ) told her i was just kidding .The funny thing is she said you should it feels great i did tell her i would consider it .So yah not really outing myself but i knew this girl friend would be cool with it and yes we were a little tipsy

mackemlass
02-16-2012, 07:35 PM
I used to work with the guy who is now my postman. One morning,having finished his round,he knocked at the door on his way back to the depot and asked if he could use my toilet. Whilst he was in there I suddenly had a thought and grabbed several pairs of panties that were drying on the clothes horse in the hallway,hiding them in a cupboard (I was single at the time). Pretty sure he must have seen them but he's never said anything.

STACY B
02-16-2012, 07:43 PM
First thing I had to do was check the chix profile an see how old she was before I would respond to this thread, B ecuz if I was to answer it being as old as I am I would DIE of hand cramps before I was done typeing so Ill just move on an look at some thing else .

Sarah V
02-20-2012, 02:10 PM
I just this morning. I purposly told a acquaintence about myself as I have known this person a few years from on a very vanilla website for a mutual hobby that we both enjoy. The person has been wanting to meet me ever since recenlty relocating to my area. Up till now she has only known me as Sarah. So, had to do it---and very glad I did. Will be interesting to see how it goes.

Glenda58
02-20-2012, 10:41 PM
When my second wife pass away she made promise her that before I married again I would tell my new wife. So she could make the choose to marry me knowing I crossdress. And I did twice. The first try to use aganist me. The second married me. So I outted my self twice

JessHaust
02-20-2012, 11:09 PM
Does it count when I sit down with my family or friends and say "ok, so I like to crossdress..." ? If so then lots of times now!

5150 Girl
02-21-2012, 01:23 AM
I think the closest I've come to outting myself was when I started going out in public dressed en-fem...
(Yea, i know why they don't send donkeys to collagae)

Delila
02-21-2012, 01:41 AM
I am super careful at all times however my wife totally outed me to a friend. My wife asked if the friend thought it would be obvious if I dressed as a girl for halloween a second year in a row. This was of course a clear outing as I see it as most men for one don't dress as women for multiple years in a row and for two asking if it was obvious clearly states that I am hiding something.

Cheryl J
02-21-2012, 01:42 AM
I almost told my friends after one of them mentioned she's always wanted to know a crossdresser. I don't know what stopped me from doing so

Any chance she suspected? Maybe she was giving you the chance to out yourself and gain her support!

kimdl93
02-21-2012, 08:09 AM
Before I finally and offically outed myself to the neighbors, I started going out to do little chores - move the lawn sprinkler was the first - without changing into drabs. I happened to be in the yard doing this when a neighbor drove by. At the time, I don't know if he recognized the tall rather athletically built (that's being generous to myself) blonde out in the yard.

linda allen
02-21-2012, 08:19 AM
My wife left the house for the gym and some shopping and I knew she would be gone for a few hours so I strapped on a bra and boobs and one of her blouses. I was sitting in the kitchen on the computer when I heard the front door open. I dashed into the garage and tried to get the blouse and boobs over my head but she came directly to the garage and caught me in the act (turns out the tire pressure warning light on the car came on).

She asked me why I was wearing her blouse. when I didn't answer, she said "Did you just want to see how it felt?" and I said "Yes". She said "Give it to me." and I did.

Later that day she asked again about it and I told her I didn't want to talk about it. Nothing has been said about it since.

That was a few years ago and before I joined this forum. I realize now that this would have been the perfect time to admit to crossdressing and bring it out in the open. Who knows, we might be going out in public as "girlfriends" today. Or, I might be living somewhere else on half my retirement income.

Anyway, it was an oportunity lost.

larry
02-21-2012, 11:13 AM
Cute--the one who spotted the jeans knows for sure. hehe

Ahhh yea. The SO some time ago yells at me from upstairs "Hey, who's boots are these" That was an AWCr*p moment but with a little wiggling I was in the clear. Then one of my bioreplacements says, "what that stuff around your eyes" as I had leftover masquara... "ah must be some dirt from workin in the garage" and that was the end of that... especially since I now have a supply of waterproof makup remover on hand. Then there was the time that my other bioreplacement said "hey, are your wearing girl jeans?".... sometimes silence is just the answer as I was about 10 steps in front of her and pretended to not hear her... hasn't said a word since....

That's about as close as it's been....so far.... However, I feel that for all of us in 'hiding' it's not a matter of 'if' but just a matter of 'when' we get the full out.

Renne.....

EjayeCD
02-21-2012, 12:15 PM
I was wearing womens jeans, tucked, nice top & went to VS for new undies. I forgot I had my french nails on.

Stephanie47
02-21-2012, 12:36 PM
Years ago when I was a little more daring than now, i.e., I looked better, I took a drive. I was stopped at a traffic light and a police car pulled up along side my car. He took a long look at me. The light did not change for what seemed like forever. The thought of having to get out of my car wearing a sleeveless white dress, white heels and a blond wig was terrifying. And, it was not Halloween!!!!