PDA

View Full Version : (on hormones)Liquid from my nipples O.o?

Myojine
02-16-2012, 03:41 AM
So like i was... feeling myself up /blush... and I was kinda playing with my new found breast tissue and i squeezed my nipples and a clearish liquid started to come out.

Um wtf is going on?

水仙雪[Suisen Yuki]
02-16-2012, 03:44 AM
It's a common side effect... You basically made milk. Both M and F have the needed organs for that, but estrogen is required to make it work.

Myojine
02-16-2012, 03:47 AM
DUDE REALLY?!
O.o

I could produce milk?

Empress Lainie
02-16-2012, 06:00 AM
Stephanie Dixon says she breastfed her last child before transition.

Myojine
02-16-2012, 08:10 AM
Oh wow.
Really?

thats....
ive dreamed of that....

Julia_in_Pa
02-16-2012, 08:42 AM
Hi Myojine,

I lactated for over a year to the point that I needed a breast pump to relieve pressure.
Not only can it happen it does happen. :)

Stephenie S
02-16-2012, 09:21 AM
Yes. The male breast is perfectly capable of producing milk. It just needs the right hormonal stimulation. It's not that common for it to happen, though, so don't get your hopes too high.

Stephie

EnglishRose
02-16-2012, 10:56 AM
Hmmm... this CAN happen if your prolactin levels are a little high. Do you get screened regularly? But yes we can lactate especially with that kind of physical stimulus.

If prolactin levels are very high though, it can lead to brain tumors. Don't want to worry you particularly, just warning (a'la WebMD where you check your cold symptoms and get a terminal diagnosis, haha)

Bree-asaurus
02-16-2012, 12:37 PM
Yup... I've been lactating for a while now. Nothing major... I couldn't keep a tiny animal from dying of malnutrition or anything (not that I've tried with boob milk...).

Yeah... I'm hoping I can do this as well when we have a kid.

Hmmm... this CAN happen if your prolactin levels are a little high. Do you get screened regularly? But yes we can lactate especially with that kind of physical stimulus.

If prolactin levels are very high though, it can lead to brain tumors. Don't want to worry you particularly, just warning (a'la WebMD where you check your cold symptoms and get a terminal diagnosis, haha)

Don't you have that backwards? I know that a prolactinoma (pituitary tumor... yup in the brain) can cause increased prolactin levels... but I haven't heard of increased prolactin causing a tumor.

Aside from HRT, anti-depressants and smoking weed also increase prolactin levels... we don't see potheads and sad people everywhere getting brain tumors...

EnglishRose
02-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Aside from HRT, anti-depressants and smoking weed also increase prolactin levels... we don't see potheads and sad people everywhere getting brain tumors...

Yes, you're absolutely right and I got mixed up. Increased prolactin can be an indicator of such.

My endo makes me worry too much. :Angry3:

ameliabee
02-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Was reading this thread, didn't think I ever had this problem, decided to squeeze breasts to find out, sure enough, clear liquid came out. =x

morgan pure
02-16-2012, 09:07 PM
My breasts are too tender to squeeze enough to get anything out of them. Especially so when I'm taking pro.