PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Edmonton - Any suggestions would be helpful.

Imeni
02-16-2012, 07:22 AM
Howdy. I tried to make a post like this before but i imagine i buggered it up or didn't give it enough of a topic to warrent staying.

But yes, big plans! Moving to the big city!

I've heard from one person already. Rumors about a bar however I don't recall if it was for a crossdresser or transexuals, or what have you. Honestly, I've never met another crossdresser, except for the limited contact of you guys here.

But what about shops? Areas to steer clear of, as i dont want to be hassled by the wrong element. Are there any ladies here who live there? Or have? I'm all sorts of curious.

Not to mention, recently single as apparently my accepting SO didn't feel like moving with me. :( So any dating tips would be great. ;D

Cheryl T
02-16-2012, 11:39 AM
Bring warm clothes....I understand it gets pretty cold there in the winter.

Erin Lorelei
02-16-2012, 01:45 PM
I lived in Edmonton for four years! ^.^ First off, avoid the downtown core if you can, especially at night. Secondly, lots of warm clothes! Third, what are you going there for? It will help me give suggestions! Let me know, girl! ;)

Princess Chantal
02-16-2012, 05:31 PM
My suggestion is to hook up with the Edmonton Illusions group, they are a set of great girls with lots of good crossdressing resources.

JenniferZ
03-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Hi Imeni - there are some of us here. Illusions is a local club that I believe meets monthly although I have never been to it. There are other girls on this site. There is a local club that is friendly but the name escapes me. Edmonton is a great city - moved here years ago - enjoy!

Jennifer

Etsy
03-10-2012, 06:01 AM
I generally hang out with the spooky people. There are more than a few crossdressing goths/rivetheads here. There is the Transmission club night at Pawn Shop on Whyte Ave on Saturday nights where any dresscode goes and the music is Electro/Industrial/Goth/Brit/Punk/WhateverAlternativeGenreThatIsUndergound. Today was the last real industrial music night called options downtown at Brixx. I'd say give it a little while and everyone will find a new haunt. The darker side of crossdressing/genderbending is always welcome with our subculture.

As far as shopping is concerned, you must check out NightShade Corsets:
http://www.nightshadecorsets.com/

I guess the more mainstream crossdressers have meetings or something. I was in touch with a few of them years ago but I don't know where and when they meet anymore. Around 20 or so would show up sometimes when I would pop in. They were fairly closely associated with the LGB scene when I was there and that is not my thing so I drifted away. I more prefer the non-binary gender rules of the goth/industrial scene and it is more my style anyway.

These days I am more into dressing in a more androgenous style for the most part and rarely break out the skirts and makeup but feel free to message me if you want more info on what is going on with the darker side of CDing around here.

HannahF6
03-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Well, it is c-c-c-cold and often known as Deadmonton. So why exactly would one want to go there?

Hannah