PDA

View Full Version : Breastform Adhesive!!

Wenda
10-31-2005, 02:30 AM
This may have been posted previously, but I dont apologize for posting it again because the results are so positive!
I have a pair of #8 Transforms which I really, really like. I have used double sided tape with moderately acceptable results. I have used a good product, Osto-Bond, a latex material which bonds well but created a serious red rash, and leaves a rubbery residue on the backside of the breastforms. A small 4 oz can cost about $20 US on eBay.
Last week I was picking up materials at an ad agency, and the young lady used some spray adhesive. When I asked her where I could get some, she suggested a craft store.
WalMart to the rescue. 3M Spray Mount Artists Adhesive is marvellous! For about $12 US, I purchased a 290 gram can.(at least 5 times as much as the Osto-bond) I used the forms to create a pattern on heavy paper, and sprayed my chest. I then sprayed the backs of the forms. Works like a charm! #8 forms are not light, and I can bend over and work, without a bra or tight top, without fear of them falling off. No side effects so far. I will keep you posted. wenda.

stefanie
10-31-2005, 04:29 AM
i never thought of using the 3M stuff for this...I thought it had some chemicals in it which should not touch the skin?

Stephanie Kay
10-31-2005, 02:10 PM
Thanks. I'm going to check this out on the internet and see if it's safe!! It sounds wonderful!:)

Barbara Beaulieu
10-31-2005, 02:29 PM
Is there any way to get rid of the edges. The sight of the edges completely ruin the clevage look. Would med paper tape and powder work?

Tedi
10-31-2005, 02:33 PM
I'd be careful wih this stuff, It contains some pretty nasty chemicals.
Here's a link to the material saftey data sheet. You'll need Adobe Reader to view it.
http://multimedia.mmm.com/mws/mediawebserver.dyn?jjjjjjEj2PESdpL8Lu_ADssPzVYjDpL Ks5Lj2Rx--

susiej
10-31-2005, 02:53 PM
Acetone is a rather common organic solvent used for a variety of glues and things. Back in the bad old days when little boys sniffed airplane glue, it was acetone that made them high (I never did that, but there were a lot of boy things I never got around to :)). I think "acetone high" what the safety sheet means by "Central Nervous System depression".

IMHO we should compare the product safety sheet for the spray-mount with a similar sheet for the medical adhesive. Can somebody find a link to that? If the medical adhesive and the spray-mount have similar ingredient lists, then probably the expensive component in the medical stuff, not found in the spray-mount, is liability insurance :(.

Even if this stuff isn't poisonous, it sure is flammable! While applying this to yourself, Wenda, I'd definitely say the smoking lamp is out!

I'm anxious to try it myself, actually. Thanks for the tip, Wenda!

Hugs,
Susie

Marlena Dahlstrom
10-31-2005, 08:17 PM
I also used to be a graphic designer and I'll second what Jenny said. Spray mount is nasty stuff and best kept away from your body.

womanatheart
10-31-2005, 09:09 PM
Wenda,
Thank you for the information.
#8's (if the standard is the same - I get mine from Breat Form Store) are very heavy and big. I recently bought some #6's and found them very heavy (for me) and reordered #5's. My point is not our different sizes or values but if Osto Bond works for #8's - they must work. Which is good news to me.
I must say I like going bra less. Saturday morning in a Tshirt, bra less, wig, little make up, blue jeans, sandles and casual shopping. I feel like one of the girls. But with 2 sided tape I find myself holding myself on, cautious.If I bend over, I am holding breasts to releive any undo pressure or pulling. I want to be confident, chest not an issue (like efem) - stand tall. But - I do realize the consequences of irritible glues. I had put on a some adhesive a few months ago. It worked great. I had a great time bra less in my halter top. Only to realize the application scar'd my chest. Tore the skin off. So now I have scars on chest - noticable to all.
I will try... cautiously.
Again - thanks.
Love
Stephanie

Wenda
11-01-2005, 01:11 AM
I spent 30 years in agri-industry and have a profound respect for personal safety when working with chemicals. I didnt elaborate on the osto-bond experience. The second time I used it, I started to feel a slight burning sensation behind my left breastform. I removed it after a short time to discover a nasty chemical burn. I did the standard routine for chem burns, rinsing liberally with water, applying ice, applying some salve, covering it with white guaze. I didnt use the forms again until the scar healed, which was about 3 months. I never had that reaction again, but I make the point that this is a medically approved product that still provoked a reaction.
My first report, I applied the 3M sometime around 10 pm, and had the forms on all night. No bra, no nothing. At 6:30 am this morning, I wake up en femme. Loved the sensation. My boobs were still where they were when I went to bed. I removed the forms for my bath (I dont have a shower), and found the skin behind the forms a bit wrinkled and a bit red. By noon, all the superficial symptoms had disappeared. I have an early morning tomorrow, so am not replicating the experiment tonight.
Some of the really important points: the propellant is explosive, dont go near flames or sparks. Dont inhale this stuff. If you are going to try it, get a small can first, and test your skin for sensitivity, or go to a craft shop or an office supply store, and spray some on your inner elbow (a sensitive area that you can expose in public).
I will keep you posted.

HaleyPink2000
11-01-2005, 01:22 AM
Where did you buy your breast forms?

Marlena Dahlstrom
11-01-2005, 03:21 AM

http://www.thebreastformstore.com Good people with great service and Victor's a real sweetie.

Wenda
11-01-2005, 07:08 PM
I bought my favourites from Miss Suzi Online, via eBay. Good service, and very satisfactory forms. Check eBay now under breastforms.

Wenda
11-01-2005, 07:09 PM
by the way, I did another test, using the 3M adhesive in the evening, and removing the forms this morning. No reaction and very little residue. Havent done an internet check on the ingredients.

MarinaTwelve200
11-01-2005, 07:28 PM
What about SUPER GLUE? (Cyano Acrylate) I heard that it is sometimes used in medical applications--surgery in lieu of stitches, and that it is "inert" in respect to the skin and body.----Would be the devil to get off though--although Acetone does the job quite well, it might damage the forme--I dont Know, not having any experience with REAL breast forms.

Stephanie Kay
11-01-2005, 09:50 PM
http://www.thebreastformstore.com Good people with great service and Victor's a real sweetie.

The Breast Form Store is the best. Victor is even better!!! Don't be afraid to call!

Wenda
11-02-2005, 07:32 PM
Just a little update, completed my third replication of the overnight test. The forms are still in place in the morning, and I can readily remove them by placing a free hand on my chest, while gently pulling off the form. My coolest moment is bending over, bare boobs, doing a little dancer shake, and they just shake, they dont fall off! No skin reaction. I am still a fan. if I experience or learn something negative, I will let you know. luv, Wenda

Wenda
11-10-2005, 10:40 PM
Hi Girls, I am not promoting the 3M adhesive,but reporting on my experience. I have worn my forms to bed every night, from 6 pm or 10 pm until 6 or 7 am. I have experienced some brief warming, but nothing as severe as my burns from the osto bond. I have found wearing my forms during the night to be very comfortable. I have awoken many mornings en femme, with no residual effects. I have recently purchased new forms and plan to use the 3M product to secure them. fyi, I no longer spray adhesive on my chest as well as the backs of the forms. I have found that, if I spray the backs of the forms, then apply them to my chest, and hold them in place with snug bras, they will remain in place during the night. Very comfortable, very fulfilling.

DawnRodgers
11-11-2005, 02:41 AM
Hi girls.
I am an adhesive chemist and am well familiar with the 3M adhesive. If used properly it shouldn't cause any problems. Yes, the solvents are extremely flammable and the adhesive shouldn't be sprayed anywhere there might be a spark or ignition source. Avoid things like smoking, static electricity, motors switching on and off, etc.
The short time that the solvents are in contact with your skin shouldn't cause any problems. You probably have more contact with solvents, like acetone, from putting on your nail polish as well as removing it. Any skin sensitivity is probably caused by not letting the adhesive dry properly before putting your breasts on. If the solvent is trapped between the forms and your skin they can cause irritation and defatting. And yes, inhaling the vapors will give you a solvent high so, again, spray it in a well ventilated area.
Dawn

Michelle Hart
11-11-2005, 02:53 AM
Just a thought.....

What, if any is the reaction on the forms?? Doe's or has it damaged them. Forms are pretty expensive and it would be a real shame to ruin them to save a few dollars on glue.....

HaleyPink2000
11-11-2005, 04:14 AM
I'm a 44B and want to be a 44D, Who and what part # or what ever do I order to have a really nice breast form. Not like I'm rich or anything either girls! So plz Help a Sister out during this thred, and let me in on the best place to order them from online. I want something that is going to last and looks natural in a blouse with a bra on. Also the best way to wear them please. I have been using bird seed in nylons for some time in my D cup bras.
I like the look of my natural breasts in a B cup also as the nipple shows up well. Any way you all have been there.

I will be calling Victor tomorrow and I can't seem to find the correct ones on Ebay. I'd love to find just the correct ones the first shot out of the box. Help Help Help.

Is it the size 10 ones I need? looking at the breast form site.

Thankssssssssss!
Haley:)

Marlena Dahlstrom
11-11-2005, 01:36 PM
Haley, Victor is a honey and he should be able to get you the right size.

It probably will help him if you call also tell him your height, weight and other measures. For exmaple, I've got some man-boobs, so I ended up getting the Classic 2, which has a concave backs to accomodate them.

Gale R
11-11-2005, 06:41 PM
@Wenda, hi girl, just wondered how you get the adhesive off your forms and are there any obvious defects to them when you've cleaned them?:confused:

Luv ya, Gale.

Robyn2006
11-11-2005, 07:18 PM
Hey Girls!
Wanted to share my story of attaching my breast forms with those of you who have or are considering trying attaching your own forms. It is such a wonderful experience that you all really must try, but it has proven to be a bit problematic. However, I think I have some steps you might find helpful.

I've Transform Triangle forms and the new GoldSeal forms, both size 7 for my 36D shape - these are wonderful forms that I simply love to death! I first tried the adhesive strips that theBreastFormStore seems to primarily tout as the best way to attach these forms, but found them to unable to make a full and complete 360° bond. With this method, I never really felt fully connected. Next, I tried Hollister's Medical Adhesive spray which works GREAT!, but really had some problems spraying it on the forms "in short bursts" as directed, as well as it being very difficult to remove from the forms, using their Medical Adhesive remover spray. Then I found Smith+Nephew's SkinBond. This is akin to your basic rubber cement, where you need to apply it to both the forms and your chest. I really liked that it was a liquid and that I could better control the application, but found it to be VERY messy and far too difficult to get it applied on my chest to match the forms' placement. Also, it is not colorless, it is white and no matter how hard I tried, I could not get a complete seal without having a white edge showing through. Additionally, I really didn't feel with this adhesive that my forms were as well attached as I wanted.

So I have returned to Hollister's Adhesive, but have now come up with a method that is working great. Here it is:

1.) Completely shave and dry your chest, of course!

2.) Swab the area around your chest for attachment with rubbing alcohol to remove any lingering body oil.

3.) Holding your breast forms upside down in the cup or your hand over an area where overspray will not be a problem (I use a large cardboard box; you have to be careful not to get the spray on anything, as it is a pain to remove!), press VERY lightly on the Hollister Spray adhesive nozzle (forget the directed "short bursts") and first run the spray along the entire perimeter of the form, rotating it around in your hand and making sure to get every edge (very important!), then slowly move towards the center until the entire form is covered with a light mist. Wait 5 minutes, then repeat this step and wait another 5 minutes.

4.) Wrap around your waist and fasten your most trustworthy and tight bra, one that you feel holds you in place best. Place it so that you can easily pull it up over your breasts and insert your arms into the straps.

5.) In front of a large mirror, hold one of the forms over your chest and align the areola of the form with your own, imagining where, if God had gotten it right in the first place, your actual breast would be, then slowly and firmly press the form into place. (Many seem to advise placement by first wearing the forms in your bra and marking their position with a few carefully placed dots using an eyebrow pencil. I find this unnecessary, and more often than not leading to incorrect placement. Intuition seems to work best for me.) Press VERY firmly around the entire form and hold it tightly to your chest for a good minute or two - then do the same with the second form, being careful not to move too much, as the first form is not yet fully set!

6.) Carefully pull your bra's cups cups up over the forms and insert your arms into their welcoming straps, allowing the bra to tightly hold the forms in place. Wear the bra for at least an hour to best ensure the forms' attachment.

Removing the adhesive from the forms is a bit of a pain. I found that Hollister's spray remover almost completely useless. But the Smith+Nephew "Uni-Solve" liquid remover works GREAT, though there are other liquid adhesive removers that I think would would as well. Here's what I've found works best:

1.) Gently pull the forms from your chest. Going slowly, they WILL come off!

2.) Put a generous amount of the Uni-Solve remover in a large dish and gently place one of the forms into the liquid, making sure to cover all the adhesive, and let it soak there for a at least 20 minutes.

3.) Once the adhesive seems to be broken free of the form, fill another large dish with a degreaser like "Desolve-It" or "Goo Gone" and let the form soak in it for another 20 minutes. (This was my BIG discovery. Without this degreaser, getting the adhesive completely off was almost impossible. It works GREAT!)

4.) Once the forms seem to be free of any adhesive, use a liquid dish soap to completely wash off the degreaser with warm water, padding the forms dry with a towel.

In all, I just can't say enough how wonderful it is to wear my forms attached. It is UTTERLY FANTASTIC!!! And if done right, you can wear them for days... even in the shower! I've mine attached now as I write this and so love the totally feminine experience of feeling I've my own breasts... Which, I do!

Surprisingly, however, I find that I enjoy wearing a bra with the forms attached more than I do going braless, as was my initial intent with this all. There is just something so amazingly satisfying about having your bra actually support your breasts, rather than just keeping them in place. This is really just something you have to experience for yourself to know what I mean!!!

Hope this helps any of you who are considering this!

Take Care,

xxxooo
Robyn

Helpful Links:

The Breast Form Store:
http://www.thebreastformstore.com/

Hollister Adhesive:
http://www.allegromedical.com/ostomy_supplies/adhesives_removers/hollister/medical_adhesive_3_2_oz_spray.P179156

Adhesive Remover:
http://www.allegromedical.com/ostomy_supplies/adhesives_removers/uni_solve_adhesive_remover.P177428

The Breast Form FAQ:
http://www.blooberry.com/bformfaq/attachab.html

Wenda
11-13-2005, 01:45 AM
Go-Gone!! of course. I never thought of that. The osto-bond, which is probably like Hollisters, was white latex, which I had to paint on my chest and on the forms. The instructions advise that you can remove the latex with cooking oil, but I found that process messy and unsatisfacotry. I will try the Goo Gone. I have been wearing my forms almost daily. I have worn them overnight several times, no ill effects. I love the feeling of going to bed en femme and waking upwith boobs, in place. I am wearing them at the moment. Highly recommend the experience. wenda.

Michelle Hart
11-13-2005, 05:54 AM
I've read that they can be damaged if yoou sllep withthem on??

Won't they wear out faster or "break" if you sleep on themm??

Laura Jane
11-13-2005, 10:28 AM
by the way, I did another test, using the 3M adhesive in the evening, and removing the forms this morning. No reaction and very little residue. Havent done an internet check on the ingredients.

I'm trying it out today. The key seems to be to spray right up to the edges.

I agree that they sit in a bra much better than taped on forms. I've been able to bend over and not worry. I even did a bit a exercise and Yoga and they behaved themselves. What they seem best for is wearing with a camisole top.

If there is no rash its something I might try more often.

byrony
11-13-2005, 02:05 PM
I really wanna try the 3m adhesive with my new forms, but I'm curious, what is it that you need to do to remove them?

britney1
11-13-2005, 08:41 PM
I have read all your post and they all seem to make sense. The only thing I am curious about is that some of the chemicals that you have used to remove the adhesive (in my non-chemical brain) would seem to damage the form. Will goo gone effect the integrity of the form?

Cathy
11-13-2005, 10:22 PM
I tried the 3m adhesive today. I wanted to see if it left any redness. I had the breastforms glued on for 1 hour. I have some major redness severe rashing so girls be careful it is not the silver bullet we were all looking for.:eek:

Dawn
11-13-2005, 11:42 PM
My god Robyn....I can't believe how close my attachment method is to yours!
I too use the Hollister Medical Adhesive and the Uni-Solve remover. The only thing I do differently then you is I find the forms stay on my chest better the next time if I leave the first coat of glue on the form after taking them off. It gives the glue something to adhere to...really bonds them to your chest! I also will take a small "hair trimmer" scissor and spray some of the glue on it. I then run the scissor down the outside edge of the forms on my skin to apply some glue there. I wait 5 mins. for it to dry then hold down my forms to my chest with my hands. When I release the forms they will pull my skin up to them making a seamless transition between form and skin. Put on a push-up bra and....WAHLAH....Cleavage!!
As for cleaning the back off....I just use a paper towel soaked in Uni-Solve remover and slowly go over the entire back of the form to remove all the glue. You might need a few pieces of paper towel soaked in remover to get the whole form clean. I go about 3-4 wearings before I remove the glue on the back of the forms.
You are also so right about wanting to wear a bra more once the forms are attached to your chest! The feeling is unbelieveable! I feel so feminine with the weight of my forms on my chest and a satin VS bra on!! GG's don't know how good they've got it....with I should add....a properly fitted bra!!

Dawn

HaleyPink2000
11-14-2005, 12:25 AM
From wearing them so much and gluing them on, does it cause you any skin problems?

Oh and Darla, I plan on calling them "Him" this week. Thanks Hun for the help as always. Your such a Dear! Hgz Hgz

Haley:)

Dawn
11-14-2005, 12:37 AM
From wearing them so much and gluing them on, does it cause you any skin problems?
Haley, My skin gets a red line around where the forms were attached, but it fades away in a few days.
As for sleeping with them on....which Michelle asked....as long as you don't sleep on your chest your all right. I've never had a problem.

Dawn

Laura Jane
11-14-2005, 01:45 AM
Haley, My skin gets a red line around where the forms were attached, but it fades away in a few days.
As for sleeping with them on....which Michelle asked....as long as you don't sleep on your chest your all right. I've never had a problem.

Dawn

The results of my test of wearing over a 14 hour period.

They did stick well, but it took me two goes to get it right in spraying the edges. I did get a bit of burning feeling on my right breast and had to take it off to see what the problem was. There was a red rash over an sensitive area where a I had nicked myself shaving. I put a plaster over it and sparyed my breastform again and stuck it on and felt no more problems.

This morning I took them off in the bath and on my left side there is next to no redness or residue after a couple of hours. On my right side (the one I used more 3m glue) it is still red with a distinct ring. It has faded a lot already and should be gone in a day.

It certainly help in holding the breast forms in place, but its not really suitable for daily use.

HaleyPink2000
11-15-2005, 01:26 AM
Ok , Nowwww you have the glue on and the breasts look in place and everything. So now you want to go on a trip for say a week enfemme. Can they be glued on the entire time or do you take them off and let your skin breathe at night?

Whats the procedure?

Haley:?

Jonien
11-15-2005, 09:15 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_9_4v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZRxdm075YYNL) In my dreams I have often thought is there a permanent glue for breast forms so that thy would fuse to your body and become part of you.
OK so I watch to much fiction bat hay its a dream

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_9_1v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZRxdm075YYNL)

Laura Jane
11-16-2005, 03:04 PM
So after my Sunday test, by Wednesday Evening there is no redness or any other signs left. The Breast form cleans up well with a good rubbing down with surgial spirit.

Wenda
11-17-2005, 12:56 AM
Lots of good info, thanks ladies. I have used the 3M almost daily, with no residual effects. A couple of times, I felt a slight burning, but nothing like the Osto Bond burn, and nothing that lasted more than an hour or two. As mentioned earlier, I now only spray onto the forms, none on my chest. I concentrate the spray on the edges and avoid the centre. If I dont overspray, I dont have a problem with residue to remove. If there is residue, it can be rolled off, in a way similar to removing any gummy substance. In extreme cses, nail polish remover will help remove surplus glue.
I tried the goo gone, and it has successfully removed latex residue from the form that I applied it to. It took several applications to get through the latex build-up. There do not seem to be problems with the forms. When the latex is finally removed, the form is clean.
Re: Cathys experience, if she reacts to the 3M, she should definitely not use it. If she can find Holister medical adhesive, I would encourage her to do so. I have not found it in retail pharmacies here.
Sleeping with my forms on has not been a problem. I have awoken to find myself lying chest down. They are comfy. I have worn a bra, a tight t-shirt, and nothing at all. All work. In the morning, my skin beneath the forms is wrinkled, matching the wrinkles on the forms. The skin on the forms is fairly fragile. I would expect that, if you pierce the skin, and sleep with your weight on the forms, you might force some gel through the cut.
Thanks for the feedback. Carrying on, wenda

Robyn2006
11-20-2005, 12:42 AM
Sorry it's taken so long to get back to this thread... have really loved the discussion!

Dawn! Loved to hear that we are sisters with our method, and REALLY loved your added suggestions!!! Especially the "seamless" method you described. Don't have the time this weekend to try it, but over the long, upcoming Thanksgiving break, it'll be a go on that! Always so fun to try something new, something that might take me that extra inch towards the woman I so try to become! Don't know about keeping the adhesive on the forms after taking them off. I don't know... just feel a bit taken back about keeping used glue on the forms. I always like to start things new and fresh, but think you likely have a point about the old adhesive giving the new adhesive something better to adhere to on the forms. Don't know if it's the new "GoldSeal" forms I'm now using, but they have been peeling off a bit more than my older and lighter "Transform Triangle" forms did. REALLY HATE THAT!!! The new GoldSeal forms are a bit heavier on the underside and your suggestion may now be needed, even though I do give the forms two full coats of Hollister's adhesive...

In regards to sleeping on your forms, I have ALWAYS loved doing this, and have NEVER had a problem - and will never stop doing this! The thrill of awakening in full gala is second to nothing (minus Russell Crowe!). I'm not all that big, at 135 lbs, so perhaps the heavier among us may push the limit here... I don't know... Hope not!

As for the length of time you can wear the forms attached, well I've gone three days in full gala without any problem at all. With a good attachment, I can even shower with no problem at all*, the adhesive being completely inert to water. Nor have I had any problem with some sort of chemical reaction upsetting my skin. After removal, the skin is a bit red and wrinkled, as has been noted here, but I've had no lasting effect or pain. But I only have used Hollister's adhesive, can't say anything about the 3M adhesive that's been mentioned.

*Speaking of wearing my forms in the shower, have any of you ever seen Natalie Wood's last movie called "Brainstorm?" In it there is the AMAZING scene where a man puts on this contraption that enables him to fully experience, firsthand, what it's like to be a young 16 year old girl taking a shower. He is as if in her body, seeing and feeling everything she would. It's an amazing scene, and one I always think of when I'm there too experiencing the thrill of having a fully shaved body, with my breasts bouncing in the warms mist of the shower and my red toenails screaming back at me nothing but femininity... If you haven't yet, rent that movie!

Robyn

tamaratv
11-20-2005, 06:46 PM
I got my breastforms from www.crossdresser.com. I REALLY like them. I'm a 40C I wand to try a 40 DD. i did get the adhesive - and they sell the skin-lond. it's all right, but stays on the back of the form - so i don't love that. But do you get to use all of the hollister? sinceit is a spray i heard you might not get a lot of uses before it clogging.

I like their sheer bras at suddenlyfem for those times where I want a totally real look, but don't want to work with adhesive...they look SO Real.

Anyway - let me know about the hollister and the cloggging problem. I like to wear matching lingerie - so the outfits i get at suddenyl fem are nice- at least they ALSWAYS fit me which is nice

Dawn
11-21-2005, 01:01 AM
Haley, The longest I've ever worn my breastforms has been about 3 days. Unfortunately, the hair on my chest always starts growing back around that time and causes itching problems. The forms will stay on as long as you want though.
Robyn, try leaving the Hollister adhesive on the forms once. I think it'll help with holding the heavier forms on your chest better. I find the first time I use the adhesive on the forms after completely cleaning the old glue off, the glue has a habit of loosening up in certain high stress areas on your chest...i.e. the area where the breastform runs from your upper chest to your armpits. Having that extra glue there helps with this.
Tamara, as to the clogging problem...I can use the Hollister adhesive almost to the bottom of the can. Use the remover every so often on the spray tip opening to clean it up a little so it doesn't clog.
I also wanted to let you girls know where you can find the Hollister glue and Uni-solve remover for a cheap price. www.allegromedical.com They have the medical adhesive 3.2 oz. spray cans for $25.00 ea. and the Uni-solve remover 8 oz. bottle for $8.00 ea. Just type Hollister & Uni-solve in the search box to find both.
Robyn, let me know how it goes.

Dawn

Dawn
12-10-2005, 10:53 AM
Sorry girls....I didn't want to let this thread die.
Does anybody else have any good breastform attachment tips?
How about with fixing holes that we all get after a while on the backs of our forms?
Anyone have a good sticky tape or other fix that works? Super glue to me just causes more problems than it fixes.

Dawn

Wenda
12-29-2005, 11:49 PM
Hi Ladies, just a little update. I used up all of my original 3M spray, and only had reaction to it when I believe I may have left some residual Goo Gone one them. I replaced the original spray with 3M Super77 spray, which is less costly and much more effective than the original. I have slept with my forms on several times. The most noticeable red lines occur if I wear a bra. When I remove the forms, there are red areas, but they are not a chem reaction, they are a reaction to removing an adhesive, similar to what you would expect when you remove athletic tape, say, from separated ribs.
The best news, somewhere, I found info that plain old turpentine is the BEST solvent to remove glue residue. Outside of its rather offensive odour, it is not harsh on the skin, and removes glue residue instantly! I LOVE my boobs! One of the questions, what to do with the rips and tears on the backs of your forms. Well, hold your breath, Duct tape. Yup. I have found that repairs to the back of your forms can be reliably done with Red Greens favourite tool. thats it for now. Wearing my cute little #5 teardrops by Siliconeworks. Been attached for 5 hours. Jiggle your way through life;

Shelly2069
12-30-2005, 10:05 AM
Another tgirl trick for making clean up easy. When wearing fake nails, first apply two coats of clear nail polish on your finger nails. Let the clear dry good, then glue your long fake nails on. The glue grabs on to the clear polish instead of your finger nails.

Later when you pop off the fake nails the glue pulls the clear polish. I've had pretty good luck with this trick. It's not perfect all the time, but it does make clean up easier.