PDA

View Full Version : Oh, the irony...

Mercury
02-18-2012, 01:45 PM
Hi everyone

Earlier this week at work, A group of coworkers (maybe five including myself) were joking around and the topic of crossdressing came up. It was more on the side of teasing, but another guy and myself were singled out as ones who went home and wore dresses. "Hey Mercury, I bet you go home and dance around in a bright, red dress!" is an example. I responded that "I only do that on weekends!" We were all laughing and the conversation moved on to other stuff. No one suspected I was telling the truth, but it was privately ironic and funny (Just to be clear, no one was offended, and we are always jabbing at each other for fun to make the work more enjoyable). I work on a production floor in assembly, and its mostly a male environment (only one female in 20 in our department).

So getting to my main question, what are some similar situations you have been in, and how have you handled them?

Glenda58
02-18-2012, 01:54 PM
The guys were teasing each other and giving everyone female names and when they came to me they give Glenda the name I have been using for more years than I can remember. And they still use it today to call for me on the shop floor. This all start 7 years ago. I still wonder if someone knows.

~Joanne~
02-18-2012, 02:09 PM
So getting to my main question, what are some similar situations you have been in, and how have you handled them?

I have been in the same situation as you have and handled it pretty much the same as you did. I admit to wearing them and that only on certain days lol

Beverley Sims
02-18-2012, 02:16 PM
When clowning around at work the women will sometimes say would you wear this or that out of a womans magazine and I always reply yes, and if I wear a wig I would make a fortune. (as a professional lady).
They don't have a clue.

Ally 2112
02-18-2012, 03:32 PM
I have more than once been called one of the girls by actual girls lol.I do enjoy it when i am called that and i wonder if somehow they can tell ?

suzy1
02-18-2012, 03:42 PM
I am a marshal at motorcycle race meetings.
One day another marshal remarked about how slim I am.
‘You should see me in a slinky dress’ I said.
That got a laugh from all the marshals there. And then I did a twirl all girly.

If they only knew!

Isn’t life fun Mercury.

SUZY

Richelle423
02-18-2012, 03:55 PM
I think it's funny when we girls admit something that's true people think we're just being silly. I go thru it every week. hahaha

TGMarla
02-18-2012, 05:19 PM
Yes, I too have dropped the "only on weekends" bit when the subject comes up as a point of humor. What a lie! I dress way more than only on weekends! LOL

Rita D
02-18-2012, 05:37 PM
I've joked about it myself on occasion,because I really think nobody in my office would think of me in that way in a million years. When one young woman was teasing me for wearing an almost identical red sweater as another guy at this year's Holiday party, I pointed at her silky black dress and said: "You should be grateful- I almost wore THAT!
Of course there was laughter all around, but the fact was, I would've give my eye teeth for the dress she was wearing.:heehee:

Stephanie-L
02-18-2012, 08:10 PM
I joke like that with the girls at work about makeup, saying things like "It isn't my color" and so on, and usually I am serious, though of course they don't know it.....Stephanie

Debb
02-18-2012, 09:06 PM
The women I work with occasionally remark on my clothing (I wear girl jeans, girl jackets), not sure they're always joking! They probably suspect, but I'm OK with that.

Jenniferathome
02-18-2012, 09:51 PM
Whenever I drop off the dry cleaning there is always one of my dresses or skirts in there, the lady always says "I bet you look good in that." An I always respond,"Yep, but I have the legs for it." When I return something to a store that I have bought via the web, I get the same teasing and I give the same response. No one ever thinks it more than a joke.

Leslie Langford
02-18-2012, 11:03 PM
Hi everyone

Earlier this week at work, A group of coworkers (maybe five including myself) were joking around and the topic of crossdressing came up. It was more on the side of teasing, but another guy and myself were singled out as ones who went home and wore dresses. "Hey Mercury, I bet you go home and dance around in a bright, red dress!" is an example. I responded that "I only do that on weekends!" We were all laughing and the conversation moved on to other stuff. No one suspected I was telling the truth, but it was privately ironic and funny (Just to be clear, no one was offended, and we are always jabbing at each other for fun to make the work more enjoyable). I work on a production floor in assembly, and its mostly a male environment (only one female in 20 in our department).

What I'd really be interested in finding out is if that one GG among your group on the production floor even wears dresses and skirts herself. Somehow, I'm thinking NOT! Ah, the irony, indeed...;)

Daphne Renee
02-18-2012, 11:22 PM
Nothing that exact has happend. I do work with more women than men normally. We were talking about Halloween costumes people were going to where to work. (Thats normally the day I dont work.. :)
Anyhow one of them suggested I dress as dorothy (from the wizard of oz) .. I just repsonded I will think about that. Nothing much was said after that.

Yvonne York
02-19-2012, 06:07 AM
My favourite line is that I dress at weekends when I am talking to friends and colleagues. I don't think they suspect, although I have banged into some when underdressed and have wondered if they have noticed!

DonnaT
02-19-2012, 07:34 AM
Last week, one of the guys (D is 86) at the pool said, "Look at all that pit hair C has."

"Yea, so?" says I.

Then C says, "D doesn't have any. Never has."

So I say, raising my arms, "Neither do I!"

C asks, "How come?"

I replied, "I prefer to shave them."

Neither one have asked about my legs. :)

karanne
02-19-2012, 07:40 AM
Anyhow one of them suggested I dress as Dorothy (from the wizard of oz) ..
Given your avatar's photo and her hair color (I'm jealous!), another one might be Batgirl. I confess that as a brunette, I've dressed up as both Catwoman and Wonder Woman in years past ...

Miranda G
02-19-2012, 08:25 AM
I'm always doing this at work, especially the 'weekends' line. Most common example is with my one friend who constantly makes comments about my legs being like a woman's due to fact they're shaved and I always tell her it's so they look better with my dresses. Cue hearty chuckles for her and inner smiles for me. Got to love hiding in plain sight.

AllisonK
02-19-2012, 08:46 AM
I get called Princess at work....It's not due to anything that I let on about dressing. It started because I called someone princess and they didn't like it so they had everyone start calling me that. When they say it I just answer like it's my name. They have no clue that I actually like being called a Princess. :)

RachelDenise
02-19-2012, 09:08 AM
I have also said things about "wearing a dress only in private" around women when that topic comes up and like others have said, it gets a laugh. Little do they know that the panties I'm wearing are probably sexier than the ones they are wearing.

Mollyanne
02-19-2012, 09:23 AM
Last week I had picked up three pair of pantyhose and when I was paying for them the cashier said to me " That shade will look good on you" I very sincerely said, Yes it will when I am wearing the skirt with it" She laughed and finished ringing up my purchase, if she only knew!!!!!!!

Mollyanne

Ressie
02-19-2012, 09:59 AM
A woman at work came in wearing a bright multi colored blouse and I made a comment "I like your blouse". She said she'd let me borrow it so I could wear it. I said "yeah I'd wear it". Then she said that I never returned her other clothes! I can't even remember how I replied, but I decided not to compliment her anymore.

Could it be one of her former husbands was a cross dresser? I suspect the answer is yes.

Sally24
02-19-2012, 10:25 AM
When one young woman was teasing me for wearing an almost identical red sweater as another guy at this year's Holiday party, I pointed at her silky black dress and said: "You should be grateful- I almost wore THAT!:heehee:

That is the greatest line here yet! Love It!:lol2:

prettytoes
02-19-2012, 10:37 AM
Where I used to work, we always used to tease each other...all in fun. One of the guys on the shop floor ended up marrying a girl from the office that was all business...short hair, very authorative, everyone assumed she was a lesbian. One time I said to the guy "I bet your wife makes you wear a skirt at home" (little did he know that's what I did!)...he replied "I wish!".
I found out about a year later through a mutual friend (that knows about me dressing), that he does crossdress, but he would never let his wife know!

PretzelGirl
02-19-2012, 11:16 AM
My team was huddled around a local magazine talking about an ad. I looked over their shoulders and saw a listing for a local drag contest. I said it was no biggie and I could be in the running in that contest.

While it is certainly fun to throw the truth out in the disguise of a joke, you do have to be careful. Do it too much and you will probably no longer be hiding. Of course, if that is what you want..... But the joking can be sooooo much fun.

Cheryl T
02-19-2012, 12:52 PM
Since I wear shorts almost all year (April to Dec) when it gets cold someone invariably says "arent' your legs cold?". I ask, "you're wearing a skirt, aren't yours cold?".
Most of the time she will say, "but I'm wearing stockings"....to which I reply...."Maybe I should try that".
Always gets a laugh....little do they know.

Melody1985
02-19-2012, 01:30 PM
Hmmm.. I had situation kinda like this involving my parents. It was during the time when that show "work it" was on the air not too long ago, and my parents were discussing that when I was visiting, and during the conversation i was asked if I would ever dress up like a girl to get a job. I said sure, the economy is pretty bad, and if I needed the money, I would do it. Then I said, it may even be fun to get all sexy.. Then I laughed to make it seem as if I was kidding.. But of course, I was not!

Mercury
02-19-2012, 01:31 PM
What I'd really be interested in finding out is if that one GG among your group on the production floor even wears dresses and skirts herself. Somehow, I'm thinking NOT! Ah, the irony, indeed...;)

Haha exactly! She is very much a tomboy-type. I guess she has always worked in these production type jobs (30+ years), and she is right there with the rest of us telling dirty jokes and swearing like a sailor! I can't imagine her EVER wearing skirts and dresses, but who knows, I'm sure she doesn't imagine that I do either.

Chrissy be good
02-19-2012, 02:48 PM
A guy I work with asked why I shaved my legs. I told him it looked better when I wear skirts. I said it straight faced, but he thought I was joking

kimdl93
02-20-2012, 08:59 AM
oh yeah. I remember one time some years ago at a gathering of couples from the neighborhood - the guy accross the street joked that I was wearing black lace panties....well he was close.

Sophie_C
02-20-2012, 09:08 AM
I've done it plenty of times. Honestly, I think it's the best way to softly out yourself, if it's always "just a joke!" But, I don't care. I have too much of a feminine nature to hide it 24/7/365, so I screw up and leak it out all the time, and at this point with a gay presumption applied to myself, I just roll with it, jokingly. Done right, people find it hilarious! ;)

Sarasometimes
02-20-2012, 09:54 AM
The only way to avoid detection is to play along. As soon as you appear sensitive to the comments it is over! One thing about it for us, is we can generally outdo them with our knowledge, you just cna't take it too far. Example: "I bet you wear a dress on wekends!" You reply "Of course, my favorite is my empire waisted, jersey dress in periwinkle, why do you ask?" Too far ,BUSTED!!

Kerigirl2009
02-20-2012, 09:57 AM
Just last night I was bringing my son and his girlfriend to the movies, as we where about to leave his girlfriend asked me if I was wearing womens jeans? I replied "no they are mine" then she asked if I could be more feminine my reply was "probably not"

Now my son does know that I enjoy wearing wearing womens clothes (do to the fact that he saw me sleeping)and I am not sure if he has told her, but... I will not know unless I bring it up, which I won't. However if someone asks me if I am a crossdresser I like to think I will answer with the truth.

Sandy Banks
02-20-2012, 12:52 PM
I've joked to friends, that I had the kind of day where I couldn't wait to get home, "get off my high heels and whip off my bra" and everyone assumed I was joking............oh, by the way, you should never assume anything!!!!:heehee::heehee: