PDA

View Full Version : Fashion Question

Heather Anne
02-19-2012, 05:30 PM
I am a heterosexual crossdresser part time. My first time out in public was March 2004. April 2004 I joined Sigma Epsilon, the Atlanta chapter of Tri Ess. I have not missed a monthly meeting since then. I have been out dressed en femme at least monthly if not more often. I have accumulated a sizeable wardrobe. I have more women’s clothes that I do as a guy. My wardrobe consists of dresses, jacket dresses, blouses, tops, skirts, skirt suits. Some of the skirt suits the top and skirt are matching. The dresses are a solid color. About half of my skirts are a solid color. With regards to my feminine wardrobe I have a question. I am not referring to the dresses that are one solid color nor am I referring to skirts that are either totally black or some other solid color. I am referring to outfits that have different patterns and colors. For example some outfits are floral in nature. One out fit is lavender in color. When is an outfit too feminine to be worn by a crossdresser?

Nikki A.
02-19-2012, 05:33 PM
Why should color make a difference. If it fits & looks good wear it.

AllieSF
02-19-2012, 05:52 PM
When it is too feminine really depends on your own confidence when you go out, assuming that you are concerned as to what others may see and think when they see you. Some people can make anything work well for themselves, others don't and don't really care, so other's opinions are of no concern to them, and that is a great attitude to have. It will also depend some on how well you can present yourself en femme. Everything works together from wig, shape and color, to outfit, accessories, posture and apparent confidence and comfort level. The venue also comes into play, like wearing a frilly outfit to a ball game. Even a GG will get a lot of curious looks there. I am a strong defender of wear what you like, when and where you like. However, I try to practice wearing something appropriate for the venue and my ability to carry it off.

Sophie_C
02-19-2012, 05:55 PM
I think you're asking the wrong questions. How you dress should be based on your own tastes, in context of the event, in context of the time of year, current trends and taking into account what's appropriate for your age. There is no simple "this is too feminine" or "this color always works" (well, except when it comes to the LBD). Honestly, I find it fun, so put it together and have a good time.

Taylor186
02-19-2012, 06:05 PM
I agree with Sophie, but I would add that "how you dress" should be based on what looks good on you based on your body size and type. For example, if you don't look like a Victoria Secret model (tall & lean) then most offerings from Victoria Secret are not for you (or me either, darn-it).

STACY B
02-19-2012, 10:38 PM
You should be asking what looks 'right' for someone of the age you wish to present. Think like a GG not a CD.
GGs wear what make them feel feminine and comfortable.

Thats what I see alot chix trying to dress to young ,, If ya dress your age its all up to you. All of us want to be young an pretty so do the ggs

Vickie_CDTV
02-20-2012, 02:50 AM
Styles change but if you like wearing floral dresses (I do) and such you should do so, wear what makes you happy. If I was really worried about conforming to what society says I should wear, I'd be dressed my male clothes.

kimdl93
02-20-2012, 08:48 AM
An outfit cannot be "too feminine" to be worn by a crossdresser.

Karren H
02-20-2012, 09:25 AM
My only fashion rule is never... Ever wear women's jeans out enfemme! Every other color or style is acceptable as long as its in good taste!

Sheren Kelly
02-20-2012, 09:33 AM
When is an outfit too feminine to be worn by a crossdresser?

You should dress to reflect who you are. Everyone will have their own opinion, but the one that is most important is yours. If you are comfortable and confident in how you dress, you wil be fine. When you try to dress for others, you can come off as a "cliche" crossdresser.

Sarasometimes
02-20-2012, 09:40 AM
This post brought back memories from when I first started to go out enfemme. I would wear skirts or pants, wig and makeup and for some odd reason (maybe I was trying subconsciously to have a touch of masculinity) I avoided florals or prints so "I wouldn't look too femme" if someone noticed me as a guy in a dress...Back then everyone had me read. Eventually I realized that if I embraced the femme look completely I drew less attention and felt more in touch with my Sara side. Now I look for things with feminine touches.
To answer your question there are no male dresses sold so if you are wearing a dress whether it is floral or pink or ruffly it is a DRESS! Go for it. I once read that if you add up all the visible colors and the number of accessories you have on that number shouldn't exceed 14. Otherwise your risk looking overdone. Ex: 3 color floral dress, earrings, bracelet, necklace, contrasting handbag, matching but textured hose. total 8. strong textures count as well. Anyone else ever hear of this?
Karren, so brown women's jeans are they OK?

sonna
02-20-2012, 10:43 AM
if you like it go for it