PDA

View Full Version : A good long look in the mirror!

Pinky188
02-19-2012, 07:42 PM
Ok! I have to get your input once again. Sorry, and thanks in advance! So I love wearing dresses. They just feel more comfortable. I love womens style more than guys. I LOVE the feeling of my long locks down the sides of my face. I love being fem. But here is were it goes bad. When I look in the mirror, I dont like what I see, and Im not comfortable with what I look like. What does that say about me???

karenlong
02-19-2012, 07:47 PM
i have the same sorta problem when i look in the mirror i see a man in a dress, but then i do the hair and makeup and look again and like anyone, i see me, sometimes pretty sometimes not so much, so i change outfits or hair style and look again, this is a natural process, just hoping you dont look in the mirror and not like yourself inside,

Eryn
02-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Same here, but remember that you share the same issue with a pretty fair number of GGs! Try to concentrate on the positives and on improving your presentation.

Every once in a while something clicks and I look at the mirror in passing and think "who is that lady?" Then I smile.

AllieSF
02-19-2012, 07:55 PM
I think that it says that you are more concerned about your looks than you may be about yourself. If you are happy, then be yourself. Accepting yourself as you are and as much as you may be able to improve upon is about as good as it gets. You and the rest of us MtF's can only do so much. So, if we can't improve enough in our own minds we are doomed to a lot of frustrations, anxiety and who knows what else. Just be yourself and you will be beautiful to all.

Alice Torn
02-19-2012, 07:56 PM
Pinky, I agree with you, that sometimes i don't like what i see. A six foot six man trying to look lika lady. KL has it right.

Barbara Ella
02-19-2012, 08:08 PM
If I focus too much on the physical appearance all the time, I tend to see the man in the dress. If I am dressing, and not doing wig and makeup, i try to focus on the feeling the clothes give me rather than the look, and if I must look to see fit, i try to avoid having my face in the mirror.

There are times when I want the physical appearance also, and that is when the wig work, and the makeup go into play. With them, I can usually get something that is just different enough from the man look that it also pleases me. Again, even with the physical look desire, the important element is still the internal feeling I get from just doing the process and knowing I am meant to do this.

I will never be a beauty, but that has never been a goal.

Babes

RADER
02-19-2012, 08:36 PM
Yes; when I look in a mirror, I see a big baboon in a dress. Yes It looks ugly, but there I stand.
I know I will never pas, just to darn big of a guy.
But I love the feel of a dress, the freedom when walking on your legs, The feel of your breast bouncing
slightly when walking. Just the whole spirit of the fem feeling.
My wife is OK with my dressing, and at times encourages it. For that I adore her to no end.
Seeing what some people on the forum have gone through, I am the luckiest gurl in the closet.
Rader

Jenniferathome
02-19-2012, 08:39 PM
It says you have something to work on. A new challenge.

monalisa
02-19-2012, 08:41 PM
There must be something wrong with the mirror if you don't see a beautiful woman when you look.

Contessa
02-19-2012, 08:42 PM
Hope this works this time. Pinky when you look in the mirror you see who you are, cause you know what you look like. I don't know what you look like in male mode or guy mode which ever you prefer. So unless you have very bad makeup skills, you should see the making of a female. Although every woman is beautiful every woman is not pretty. But you should still see Pinky in the mirror. Just keep practicing your makeup skills and you will get better at it. Oh and try to smile more that will bring out the Pink in Pinky. Work on your voice and your disposition(who is Pinky).

Contessa works at the library, but hurt her shoulder and can't lift the books easily as she use to. So now she just works behind the counter handing out and checking library cards. She is 46(that is not my age, well you know what I mean). She is already in a relationship and doesn't want to start another one and she(I) will tell you so.

This should be fun and I really try to make it so.

Contessa Marie

linda allen
02-20-2012, 08:06 AM
Ok! I have to get your input once again. Sorry, and thanks in advance! So I love wearing dresses. They just feel more comfortable. I love womens style more than guys. I LOVE the feeling of my long locks down the sides of my face. I love being fem. But here is were it goes bad. When I look in the mirror, I dont like what I see, and Im not comfortable with what I look like. What does that say about me???
First, it says you're normal. Lots of us don't like what we see in the mirror, male or female.

But you haven't told us enough. Are you fully dressed? Makeup? Wig? Forms? Hip and butt pads? Excess body hair trimmed?

It's a lot of work for us to look like a girl. A lot of work.

Just remember though, other people see us differently than we see ourselves. I'll be you look just fine.

Leyna
02-20-2012, 08:13 AM
To put this in perspective, have you ever known a GG who is 100% happy with what she sees in the mirror? I think it just means you're normal.

kimdl93
02-20-2012, 08:25 AM
Pinky, we all have similar reactions - some or perhaps most of the time. I think its almost innate in CDrs to be uncomfortable with our reflections - we've spent so much of our lives not liking what we see that it can be hard to break the habit.

While a few CDrs have very naturally feminine facial features, the majority of us do not. There are things you can do with make up and hair to diminish the masculine traits. Practice, get a professional make over and most of all, learn to accept and be proud of who you are .

mustangsally1965
02-20-2012, 08:42 AM
When I look in the mirror I see a man in a skirt or dress. I like being a man but I like dressing up. I make no attempt to look like a woman. I have a beard and I don't do makeup or wigs or heels but I like panties,nylons,garter belts,slips,skirts and dresses. I love the feel of it all and thats all there is to it. I'm a man in a skirt and the rest of the world like it or not will have to deal with it. I think we over think sometimes when we are men in womens cloths - so what. Its like the goal is having to pass. Why? Why not just be a man that truly loves to dress in womens cloths and leave it at that. It would take away the pressure of 'having to pass' or 'I think I passed' or' I wonder if I can pass in this' or' I wonder if this is outing me as a man'. Screw it ! Just wear what you want. Again I say - so what !

Karren H
02-20-2012, 09:11 AM
Stop looking in the mirror! Or do what I do... Stand 15' away when you look.. That way I can't see how bad my skin is and how friggin old I'm looking!!

ArleneRaquel
02-20-2012, 09:13 AM
My mirrors have a habit of cracking. :sad: Maybe they are trying to tell me something. :doh:

Laura912
02-20-2012, 11:26 AM
Mirrors work on a principle of physics by reflecting back light particles. Unfortunately, they cannot reflect what is in your mind.
Laura

Debra Russell
02-20-2012, 12:55 PM
Fun House mirrors may give us all a more accurate picture to our actual femm persona:devil:......................Debra