PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressers who only do it for the clothing they can wear.

Zenoctilles
02-19-2012, 08:00 PM
I figure that I fall into a very niche category in male to female crossdressing:

I don't wear female underwear, skirts, dresses, shorts, or short-sleeves. Those are my personal restrictions on crossdressing. I never want to look too much like a woman when I am crossdressing - I like to go for a relatively gender-neutral look. Furthermore, I only dress in women's clothing that I find attractive from a fashion standpoint - like riding boots, trench coats, headscarves, the like.

I also never mimic a woman's mannerisms or even attempt to disguise myself as a female. If called upon, I will acknowledge my male-ness and will not shy away from it. I never felt the urge to be a woman - I just like wearing certain types of women's clothing - that's all. Do I get in touch my personal anima when I crossdress? Sometimes, but it's a very faint influence overall.

Any crossdressers fit into this category?

NathalieX66
02-19-2012, 08:30 PM
Sorry.
Nearly all of us are going to be transsexual within two to three years, then we will be beautiful sexy women married to successful handsome men.......just kidding. :heehee:

No, really. There are no rules. Find your path that makes you you, and don't be afraid to experiment. You can only learn about yourself more this way. I think what makes this site awesome is that there is something here for everyone, and that our shared experiences tell a lot about ourselves. The collective information is awesome.

We are all snowflakes, snowflake......everyone of us is different.

Julogden
02-19-2012, 08:35 PM
Sounds like you're using some articles of women's clothing that are somewhat androgynous essentially in the same manner that some females sometimes wear men's clothes, strictly as a fashion statement, and that isn't considered crossdressing when they do that, so on that basis, I'd say you're not a crossdresser either.

Just my opinion.

Carol

Nikki75
02-19-2012, 08:43 PM
They are just clothes, pick what you want and enjoy yourself :p

RADER
02-19-2012, 08:48 PM
You might think that way now; but some day, you will trying a skirt, dress, what ever, and you
will be hooked; just like Karren is with Jeans. LOL
Rader

taĆ­s
02-19-2012, 08:57 PM
hi Zenoctilles!
by what you're describing I'm sure you belong the CD00928/8WN+ category. please fill your address so we can send you the complete catalogue (over 1700 pages) where you'll find more info about your specific profile.

=^.^=

love what you do. trench coats are hawt <3
and about that "very faint influence"... do you think there's something to investigate/explore/expand there? (I do. ^ ^)
welcome to the club. ;***

Zenoctilles
02-19-2012, 09:08 PM
Well, I only crossdress during the fall/winter, personally, because I can wear the clothing that I like (coats and boots, mostly) then. For example, three years ago, during a Halloween party, some people asked if I could pose for pictures. I was wearing a trench coat, a headscarf, skinny jeans, and a pair of riding boots. I did some feminine poses as requested.

As for headscarves, I do have the Muslim hijab variety and the more Western variety. Most of the time, I tie my headscarf in a 1950s style as depicted in the last picture here:

http://loveletterfromlondon.blogspot.com/2011/05/headscarf-lament.html

STACY B
02-19-2012, 09:28 PM
Yea me to thats why I only had one BOOB done ,, Now Im in my own category too .

Beth Mays
02-19-2012, 09:36 PM
And my gateway drug was clear nail polish...

Jenniferathome
02-19-2012, 10:10 PM
Nope. That doesn't sound like crossdressing. It sounds like fashion boredom.

Zenoctilles
02-19-2012, 10:22 PM
Well, I've been doing this for three years and I haven't really felt the need to push further than boots, headscarves, or trench coats. I do have an abaya (a long woman's cloak) that I imported from the Dubai a while ago, but I only wore it once (in conjunction with a face veil).

Ozark
02-19-2012, 11:57 PM
I figure that I fall into a very niche category in male to female crossdressing:

I don't wear female underwear, skirts, dresses, shorts, or short-sleeves. Those are my personal restrictions on crossdressing. I never want to look too much like a woman when I am crossdressing - I like to go for a relatively gender-neutral look. Furthermore, I only dress in women's clothing that I find attractive from a fashion standpoint - like riding boots, trench coats, headscarves, the like.

I also never mimic a woman's mannerisms or even attempt to disguise myself as a female. If called upon, I will acknowledge my male-ness and will not shy away from it. I never felt the urge to be a woman - I just like wearing certain types of women's clothing - that's all. Do I get in touch my personal anima when I crossdress? Sometimes, but it's a very faint influence overall.
Any crossdressers fit into this category?Well, you have just pegged me to a t! But I wear underwear, pants, tops etc, trying for that andryogenous look and I feel so good when I do it!

Courtney_Glenn
02-20-2012, 12:04 AM
This is my chart of gendernes (if thats is not a word, it is now)

Girl-------------10%
Androgynous ---80%
Guy -----------10%

Zenoctilles
02-20-2012, 09:02 AM
Weird thing is, I never wear feminine tops. Coats tend to be my thing. I wear whatever is available underneath that.

Karren H
02-20-2012, 09:15 AM
Maybe you have a coat fetish? :)

EllieOPKS
02-20-2012, 10:31 AM
I hate riding boots. But that riding crop, not that's a different story.

Zenoctilles
02-20-2012, 10:39 AM
Yeah, riding boots aren't the most comfortable thing to wear, but they are quite chic.

Pythos
02-20-2012, 12:55 PM
ike riding boots, trench coats, headscarves

These are women's clothing items? Really. With the possible exception of headscarves, these items ARE NOT gender specific.

You are not a cross dresser. Not sure if that makes you happy or what, but in my bat decorated book you are far from being a cross dresser

Aloha Jayne
02-20-2012, 01:26 PM

I don't wear female underwear, skirts, dresses, shorts, or short-sleeves. Those are my personal restrictions on crossdressing. I never want to look too much like a woman when I am crossdressing - I like to go for a relatively gender-neutral look. Furthermore, I only dress in women's clothing that I find attractive from a fashion standpoint I also never mimic a woman's mannerisms or even attempt to disguise myself as a female. If called upon, I will acknowledge my male-ness and will not shy away from it. I never felt the urge to be a woman - I just like wearing certain types of women's clothing - that's all. Do I get in touch my personal anima when I crossdress? Sometimes, but it's a very faint influence overall.

Any crossdressers fit into this category?

I'm in this category, even though I like women's underwear and dresses. But I don't try to disguise myself as female. I just want to be me. And I have always thought that the androgynous look would work for me. More like I'm a woman, trying to look like a man, instead of the other way around. Maybe just a nice pair of jeans and some earrings, but still have my goatee and short hair. You're definitely a cross dresser, even though you only like certain things. Everyone has their own preferences.

Zenoctilles
02-20-2012, 05:53 PM
These are women's clothing items? Really. With the possible exception of headscarves, these items ARE NOT gender specific.

You are not a cross dresser. Not sure if that makes you happy or what, but in my bat decorated book you are far from being a cross dresser

There are women's trench coats, but the key difference between them and the male version is the cut - women's trench coats emphasize the hourglass figure of a woman while trench coats for men are more boxy.

As for riding boots, I don't see men wearing them outside of equestrian activities. On the other hand, women wear them to almost any occasion.

Rachel Flowers
02-20-2012, 06:11 PM
I'm really concerned at some of the replies here. I think we need to stand against labelling and pigeon-holing, and telling someone wearing woman's coat doesn't make him a crossdresser is us imposing our boundaries in the same way homophobes and fundamentalists try to impose theirs on us. If zenoctilles wants to identify as a cd, let him. Why does it matter?