PDA

View Full Version : Tracheal Shave - hiding the incision....help

VickyMI
02-20-2012, 05:45 PM
I am about to pull the trigger on have my Adams Apple removed by Dr. Speigel.

I will fly out there with my Wife and spend three days in Boston.

Surgery is Thursday March 8th

My question to those who have gone through this: The following Monday I will be back at work. I figure I can wear turtle necks for awhile and I know everyone is different but how long will the incision be noticable?

Also what do I say to my electrolosis? (yeah your probably thinking she knows cuz what other reason would a guy would have their beard removed) but I honestly think she has no idea. I'm not gurly at all in Man mode.

Bree-asaurus
02-20-2012, 05:53 PM

My question to those who have gone through this: The following Monday I will be back at work. I figure I can wear turtle necks for awhile and I know everyone is different but how long will the incision be noticable?

Also what do I say to my electrolosis? (yeah your probably thinking she knows cuz what other reason would a guy would have their beard removed) but I honestly think she has no idea. I'm not gurly at all in Man mode.

Most electrologists have at least a few transexual patients. It kinda goes with the territory. She may already know and is just waiting for you to feel comfortable telling her before she brings up that topic.

An electrologist is one of those people you can usually count on to be totally sympathetic to your situation :) And transexuals bring them TONS of money...so of course they'll love you! :D

Inna
02-20-2012, 06:00 PM
I had my surgery 3 months ago, scar is still visible although only slightly. I use a skin color foundation and it does astonishingly good job on all the scars. I use cover girl, natureluxe in 1 oz green tube.

Although I would not do such coverups until well into 2nd month of healing, for now a scarf or something very soft and delicate to wrap over the fresh wound. I am sure doctor will want you to have a dressing on your wound for a while, I had mine for 2 weeks following surgery

Katesback
02-20-2012, 06:31 PM
When I had FFS my doc did the trac shave as a bonus since I really didnt ask for it. Shince he did my jaw work he must have fotten at it from my mouth since I have no incission whatsoever on my neck.

Michelle.M
02-20-2012, 06:39 PM
When I had FFS my doc did the trac shave as a bonus since I really didnt ask for it. Shince he did my jaw work he must have fotten at it from my mouth since I have no incission whatsoever on my neck.

Yee-ow! It hurts just hearing that!

Aprilrain
02-20-2012, 07:10 PM
It will be a very small scar hidden in a crease of some sort. for a week or so I wouldn't do anything. After that I use moisturizer and then a bit of concealer, foundation, or even just powder. Spiegel did mine and it dosen't take much to cover it up. My BFF didn't even notice it at first.

As for your electrologist, I'd be surprised if he/she would care, they would be an idiot to send business else where in this economy!

ReneeT
02-20-2012, 07:12 PM
If someone asks tell them you had a thyroglossal duct cyst excised. Its not the exact same location, but close enough for lay people.

Do you really care what your electrologist thinks?. I would be surprised if she didnt already supect!

Hey - good luck! I hope it goes well. I believe i will be having him do my face, although i still need to see dr meltzer

Kaitlyn Michele
02-20-2012, 08:08 PM

I did mine with Dr Speigel. He is well known for being top of the line with his scar work...

I have no noticeable scar...its right along a natural crease in the skin in my throat...its literally not there..pretty amazing..

the bad news is that it takes many months for the scar to calm down...and no matter what you do, it will be somewhat noticeable up until its not...

VickyMI
02-20-2012, 09:30 PM
Thanks Renee the cyst idea is really good.

No I dont really care that much what the Electrogist thinks but this be icing on the cake. In the scheme of things its nothing. Two months of noticable wound DOES concern me.

Katesback
02-20-2012, 09:44 PM
Well I was not kidding when I said that FFS recovery was far worse than SRS. Perhaps thats why I cringe when I hear of girls going for multiple visits for FFS. Get it all done in one fell swoop because you dont want to have to go through the recovery more than once.

Yee-ow! It hurts just hearing that!