PDA

View Full Version : For those who have unaccepting wives

StephanieT
02-20-2012, 09:09 PM
Have you ever thought of wearing a kilt and carrying a man bag. With those there is nothing she can say. They are mens clothing.:heehee:

Aprilrain
02-20-2012, 09:15 PM
Good luck with that one!

dsmth
02-20-2012, 09:17 PM
There was an article in the New York Times today that said that more men are buying accessories than ever before... like bracelets and bags and scarves... I know I'm one of them!
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/20/business/men-are-buying-fashion-accessories-after-slow-recession-sales.html?emc=eta1

Being Paige
02-20-2012, 09:22 PM
No haven't considered that. I did how ever purchase a couple of pair of women's jean's that she absolutely loves me wearing! Even after I told her they were women's. She likes how they fit. I love them because they are the most comfortable jeans I have ever worn.

Jess Marie
02-20-2012, 09:26 PM
I have womens jeans that she loves, but hasn't picked up on them being womens... or she hasn't told me she knows. I love your idea though, stick it to the (wo)man!

Christie ann
02-20-2012, 09:57 PM
she gives me a hard time if my nails look long.

steph1965
02-20-2012, 10:06 PM
Mine was did not accept my dressing in the beginning. After a while I guess it just became normal for her to come home from work and me dressed as Stephanie. She actually started to accept it help me in certain areas. We just went our own way after awhile.

Joanne f
02-21-2012, 06:08 AM
Ok i am not going into the " a kilt is a skirt thing" :heehee: but i would think that unless you have some ties with kilt wearing nations your wife/so is still going to look at it as a skirt , pick the right bag and yes you will get away with that most of the time but it just does not feel the same although the modern lightweight kilts will feel very comfortable and you can get them in differet materials like denim which brings me to the point of saying that a denim skirt is almost if not as much acceptable as a kilt .

Beverley Sims
02-21-2012, 06:36 AM
Kilts are for the Scots.
Be a woman wear a skirt.
Man bags are for gays...
Get a handbag and put a big ass.d camera in it like I do.
Wear womens jeans and a blouse.
Take no notice of Karen Hutton.
Poor Karen, she has been getting a lot of recognition lately.

lovelylinda1
02-21-2012, 06:44 AM
i think my wife kind of knows but hasnt said any thing to me straight about me wearing her clothes , she has mention that she would love to know a crossdresser lol.
and i think me stretching her pantyhose out has got her thinking , i just cant help my self . i wouldnt wear a kilt though and iam not into man bags , give me a chloe leather red bag with matching red skirt any day
linda

BRANDYJ
02-21-2012, 06:58 AM
Have you ever thought of wearing a kilt and carrying a man bag. With those there is nothing she can say. They are mens clothing.:heehee:

I disagree. My SO has every right to say whatever she feels. Where I live and I'm sure "most" other places too, a kilt is just as odd as a man wearing a skirt. People will look and maybe even laugh. My SO has the right to see me dressed in whatever she feels appropriate for wherever we might be going. I think every wife/SO has every right to say how she feels about how her man dresses or acts. I'm sure she would still feel you are trying to look more fem and using a kilt and bag as weird weak way to get around it. She'd be the first to disapprove. True, they may be men's clothes but they are about as appropriate as wearing a speedo in a blizzard.
Fortunately my SO accepts me and has no problem with my being a CD; in fact she enjoys this side of me.

CINDYO
02-21-2012, 07:05 AM
i thought the whole point of crossdressing was the wear "girl" clothes, not mens clothes ie. a kilt, now i get that a kilt may be better than no skirt at all but it.... is still mens clothing, correct in my thoughts? or not. Remember this cding is a leaning curve, a monumental learn curve for me.

Karren H
02-21-2012, 07:36 AM
At the RenFest last year my daughter suggested I rent a kilt outfit for the day... Though my wife didn't say anything.... If looks could kill I'd be dead a couple time over. Needless to say I didn't.

Myst
02-21-2012, 02:57 PM
My S/O doesn't accept my crossdressing, and never will... but she loves my kilt and while she makes fun of my man's bag, it is perfectly acceptable for me to use.

Of course the only real difference is that these article are meant for men... she doesn't even mind my new long johns... which are made of spandex. They look more like tights or leggings but are made for men... therefore... it's OK!

Stephanie47
02-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Would one of my lacy Vanity Fair white half slips go well with a kilt? Do I need to get a bag pipe too?

danielle3
02-21-2012, 03:31 PM
In my mind, a proper kilt is only appropriate at a special event and would stand out even more than say, a denim skirt. I have hinted to my wife that my pockets are overstuffed and some kind of bag would be handy, but she is not impressed. She is fine, however with my women's jeans and pants.

lightfoot
02-21-2012, 04:40 PM
I will comment on the tread title and say stand up for yourself, but tread lightly.

If you're wife doesn't accept your feminine side, you'll have a hard sell no matter what you do. However, do take a stand. Some things are truly unisex. Like body shaving and painting toe nails. You can do that as a guy. Not a big deal. As for the whole bro bag thing, I carry a bag all the time. Alright, it's not a purse, but that's because i'm more utilitarian than to fashion myself with a purse. I use a canvas LL Bean bag and wear it on my shoulder. Granted, my wife never complains because she makes me carry her crap....um...stuff.

Eryn
02-21-2012, 10:14 PM

Actually, there is a lot that she can say. Trying to skate by on technicalities is hardly mature behavior.

I have womens jeans that she loves, but hasn't picked up on them being womens... or she hasn't told me she knows.

Who does the laundry? Those tags with women's sizes on them are kind of a giveaway. I have a feeling that she knows more than she is letting on.

Heck, if you want something interesting how about the Greek Evzones' uniform? These gentlemen are the elite of the Greek military!

http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1080/1457718654_61baa805f3.jpghttp://farm3.staticflickr.com/2549/4124859864_18c9c4524a.jpghttp://farm4.staticflickr.com/3281/2577576688_13396875a6.jpg

t-girlxsophie
02-22-2012, 12:13 AM
Unless your names McTavish the kilt aint gonna work,though wearing a kilt is nothing to be ashamed of (anyone laughing at it is just ignorant).I am sure your wife isn't stupid and wont know wat your game was

DianeDeBris
02-22-2012, 01:02 AM
First, I agree totally with the people who have pointed out that the kilt is an honorable and dignified garment of excellent lineage. Second, for the several people who alluded to perhaps needing to add a baggpipe to complete the outfit, I will share something that Tommy Makem once asked me:
Q. What's the difference between an accordion and a bagpipe?
A. The bagpipe burns longer.

Misskelly
02-22-2012, 01:17 AM
Actually, there is a lot that she can say. Trying to skate by on technicalities is hardly mature behavior.

Who does the laundry? Those tags with women's sizes on them are kind of a giveaway. I have a feeling that she knows more than she is letting on.

Now I've done tons of laundry in my days and I can't say I ever look at the tags of them when I'm washing clothes , So it could be very well she doesn't know .

As for wearing a kilt I don't think it would work imo

Beth Mays
02-22-2012, 07:42 AM
With 9 kilts and a Semi-tolerant wife I can tell you this argument will not work... I have only one "kilt" that even remotely resembles a skirt, as it has no pleats and plenty of pockets.
To wear a Kilt you need to be well in Guy Mode: tough, confident, 10' tall, and bullet proof! really that's how I feel Kilted...
I have try use the Kilts as a alternative to skirts it just does not work with the wife and it did not really work for me as well, they are way too different; however Kilts are a great way to build your confidence level when it comes to being out dressed "different".
I attend festivals and different events where I can wear a Kilt just for the pleasure of wearing one. Women really do love it and a lot of men have made remarks as to how "manly" it can be.

If you want to try this with your wife i would suggest the argument that "as an alternative to women's things…. would you be ok with my trying a Kilt?" this approach may get you a bit more ground.. be forewarned.... Kilts are not cheap! even the Hike Kilt I have is over $100.

As for a Man Bag.... never had one.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-U-J9fJZIZ-Y/Szth-n6PXFI/AAAAAAAAAG4/tbSpbHN9Va8/s288/DSCN0009.JPG https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-6zuoX_IaJ1Q/S15UlbIxDNI/AAAAAAAAAJs/LkCCdJVZQmc/s288/smhg.jpg

Sarasometimes
02-22-2012, 08:22 AM
With a mere 19 years of marriage I learned one thing.. The easiest way for me to be happy, is to make sure my wife is first!!! From a practical crossdressing standpoint, I want to wear women's clothing and things not ones designed for males to use/wear. Also you say "With those there is nothing she can say." maybe this applies to your wife but if mine has something to say she is saying it. i don't HAVE to agree, but she is saying it (one of the things I love about her).
Gotta run Kohl's last day for 30% off!

LeaP
02-22-2012, 08:34 AM
I've worn kilts for 30+ years as a band piper and never felt remotely crossdressed while wearing one.

Lea

BillieJoEllen
02-22-2012, 01:17 PM
I could never get away with wearing a kilt. My wife thinks anything that even remotely resembles anything feminine for a man is totally taboo. She bristles whenever anything feminine is mentioned regarding or pertaining to a man. At our local summertime parades whenever a piper band parades by she stares daggers into me. So no, I couldn't get by with wearing a kilt.

Taylor186
02-22-2012, 01:36 PM
As Beth (great photos) and Lea suggest, it's not crossdressing; but my wife would think it is if I tried it. That wold be pain with no gain.

joanna marie
02-22-2012, 01:50 PM
I own and wear several kilts, But I don't feel Fem while wearing them, they are a mans piece of clothing
and I feel very manly when kilted

My wife only sees them as crossdressing on me and is not happy when I wear mine
this was her belief before and after she found out about me and it is only worse now

She also hates my long hair for the same reasons
Even though one on the main reason I grew it out was for 18th century living history

Presh GG
02-22-2012, 02:51 PM
What the heck? " She couldn't say anything ???"

Oh she could say plenty if she wants to..... Like Good bye.

Presh

BRANDYJ
02-22-2012, 02:58 PM
What the heck? " She couldn't say anything ???"

Oh she could say plenty if she wants to..... Like Good bye.

Presh

Gotta love it! So true Presh. Like the saying goes, " when the woman of the house is not happy, no one is happy" I try my very best to keep my SO happy and very much care what she has to say about anything.

MissMarcie
02-22-2012, 04:16 PM
There was an article in the New York Times today that said that more men are buying accessories than ever before... like bracelets and bags and scarves... I know I'm one of them!
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/20/business/men-are-buying-fashion-accessories-after-slow-recession-sales.html?emc=eta1

Right. Male models walking the runway at New York Fashion Week shows. Not in the "real" world. Ain't gonna happen.

BRANDYJ
02-22-2012, 04:21 PM
Right. Male models walking the runway at New York Fashion Week shows. Not in the "real" world. Ain't gonna happen.

Right you are! That's why they call them fashion SHOWS. Just like "shows" on TV where Milton Burro, Flip Wilson, Dustin Hoffman and a handful of others that crossdressed for a SHOW. Very acceptable, but not on our streets in real life. That will be the day I am influienced by male fashion models on a runway regarless of what they parade up and down the runway with.

Leana
02-22-2012, 05:10 PM
If I wear the kilt, can I still wear hose panties and heels?!? :))