PDA

View Full Version : Son of a...I had it. =(

Asako
02-20-2012, 10:33 PM
I was having another go at various uses of my voice and I had hit "that" voice for all of a second. You know the one. The one that just felt right. In the excitement that something may actually be easy, for me,...I lost it as quickly as I found it. ^.^; Damn the Devil's Luck?

It seems I can barely toy with my voice in any manner other than "his voice". How do I know this? It feels like a slightly painful "clenched" feeling is residing in my throat. I think of it in a way similar to how my dad explained drums to me. At first, drums were difficult for me because the motions were unfamiliar and my legs weren't used to moving so much(kick pedal for bass drum). I get the distinct impression this is going to be a VERY long road, much like it was for me to learn the basics of drums(took roughly 2 years of constant playing).

Now, a few questions for the rest of you. How did you start out finding your voice? Did the initial approach work? What finally worked for you in the end? What problems did you encounter along the way? Any links on the web to what you've tried?

If I half-ass this, I just know it will end up being one of my very few regrets in life.

Krista Doll
02-20-2012, 11:02 PM
I can only give you this email address couldn't paste it. here goes (feminizationsecrets.com) lucelle has someone thats teaches fem voices check out her website.

Asako
02-24-2012, 12:27 AM
Found it again! Been practicing for the last few nights and I am loving it. =) The only complaint I have is that my voice sounds slightly forced here and there. Current stamina is 20-30 minutes depending on the frequency of how often I speak. Resonance is getting fairly easy to control too. I don't often feel my chest rumble.

Needless to say, I'm having a lot of fun with this new voice. =)

Myojine
02-24-2012, 01:56 AM
im trying to find a harmony with my voice and singing along with female singers.
I suck, and my voice is deep and distincly african(thank you egypt ancestory...), I used to be able to sing right along with Billy Joe from Greenday, can still do it every once in a while but ive tried seeing waht my voice sounds with synthisizers...
Ive found a feministic voice at times and recorded it, only to play it back hearing a higher pitched male voice.
I percive my voice a tmuch higher frequencies then im acutally hearing(this is probably because im partially deaf)

I agree sorta,, this is going to be difficult of hell...
I'd love to talk to people with a girl voice, im getting sick of hearing "thank you sir" on the ****in phone.

noeleena
02-24-2012, 05:00 AM
Hi,

As to the drums i was in our millity -Navy - so learnt the drums pretty quick , no probs there,

As to voice , sang in choirs for many years & know my pitch & where i can go. plus play & have other music i have played, wind , learning can for some of us be quite hard,
any way.

I did not try to change my voice at all yes i can bawl out like a sergent tho most of the time is quite good as a woman, tho im not trying to be girle in my approch to being who i am, my voice if you like did not need to change it happened as i was growing,

Being I S is what helped me there as well. my voice just went in to a more female / woman way of sound,/ talking, really it came naturly, is what im trying to say. not forced,

so im happy the way it is, & others have accepted who i am, so thats a plus & yes iv been in front talking to many people
& not had any issues, different for all of us,

...noeleena...

Empress Lainie
02-24-2012, 12:02 PM
I'm more like Noeleena. Except on the phone (and when it happens I correct them and say I am transexual), I seem to have never had a problem.
I match Anne Murray's range for singing, and sing a lot at work along with my CD's. So much femininity has just been natural to me and effortless.

Asako
02-25-2012, 03:36 AM
Pitch is good. Resonance is good. I still feel like I'm missing something though. It very well could be like Noeleena says. I could be missing the feminine ways of communication. While I believe that to be true, I still feel like something else is missing from my voice. Oh, that's right. Range. X3 Thank you Lainie. Thank you Noeleena.

Something I learned in high school speech class came to mind as I read Noeleena's post. The way we speak impacts the way we are perceived and the way that the listener(s) understand what we are saying.

Then, as I read Lainie's post out loud, it dawned on me again. Range. My voice is mostly flat and yes, I read posts out loud to help train my voice. It is one of several things I do to help my voice along.