PDA

View Full Version : caught between two worlds?

Nikki A.
09-07-2004, 11:04 PM
I'm new to all this, so let me introduce myself. Long time closet cd, my wife knows that I enjoy it, but freaks out if I get really dressed up. If it doesn't show she'll let it go. We're married over 15 years and I was honest with her about it before we got married.
My problem is that with age I've become more comfortable with this side of me and would like to explore and open up. My only times out was for Halloween and I really enjoyed it (including going to a Wendy's and having some woman who wasn't sure if I was a guy or what. My wife freaked out when I suggested that I'd like to go out in public with her (was she less a woman, I didn't love her). I can't out myself because I have two teens at home and my job would probably be in jeopardy if it became public, sometimes I wonder if I care. If there were any events in the ne pa region that I could go to or just make friends here on this site. Any suggestions on wives or family. :confused

Glenda
09-07-2004, 11:16 PM
Being single and in Texas, I can't really assist you too much. But there are many great contributors on this forum and I'm sure someone facing the same problems you are will surface soon. You are not alone.

Julie
09-08-2004, 03:59 AM
I know exactly how you are feeling.

A great place to start is Tri-Ess (http://tri-ess.org/bbs/index.php). They have national coverage with local chapters. The more heavily populated your area the better the chance of an existing chapter. When I was a member my wife seemed to be really okay with it. Today my going out just confuses her.

Good luck,
Julie

clarissa3d
09-08-2004, 02:31 PM
You have found a wounderful group of people that have had similar situations.
Mine is much like yours but with a pending devorce.

Come in and make freinds

Nikki A.
09-08-2004, 09:15 PM
Thanks I hope in the future we can become friends and maybe even meet up

Marda
09-09-2004, 02:09 AM
Hi There in NEPA from wayyyy out west,
~
Elsewhere today I was groaning about a F>M CD that I've seen in public a few times ... at "his" jobsite actually ... *Nobody* bats an eye about "Him Filling His Shirt" with big boobs and generally looking like "One of The Guys" ...
Now that I'm comfortable with myself as a TGirl (still in the closet) I'm no longer freaked out about that TGuy looking like a GGirl "shouldn't" ...

One of our TGirls contacts recently "came out" to her mother and they have *no problems* on the home front ... but the funny thing is her hetero, married GGirl sister has *never* been interested in "conventional" GGirl roles or appearances ... yet *Nobody* "bats an eye" or "says boo" about *That* either ...

But it really Ps me off that *We TGirls* have to live and hide under this "Double Standard" BS !!!
~

Good Luck with your SO ... personally I'm Happily Divorced and don't trust any GGirls to "accept" my true nature ... I would Love it if they could/would ... but they can't/won't ... (there *may* be 1 or 2 exceptions in the world but I'd rather gamble with slots & lottery tickets ... at least they're "honest" ripoffs)

Love / Marda

crispy
09-09-2004, 02:36 AM
Marda

I can identify with some of what you say, and I also find it hard to believe I would ever find a GG who would be prepared to really accept me for what I am.

But hey, don't take it all too seriously. I have come to the conclsuion, with the help of this forum, that it should be all about having fun. Shouldn't we be glad that society doesn't accept us easily? There wouldn't be much fun if we could all dress and act like the T-Guy you describe, and nobody reacted. Some of us would have to find something else secretive and personal to do for entertainment and that could get ugly!