PDA

View Full Version : Business travel for private dressers

Miriam-J
02-21-2012, 07:34 AM
I'm getting ready for a business trip to warm and sunny Phoenix today and got to wondering what other private dressers do to take their pleasure on the road.

What do you take along?
What do you wish you could take?
How do you pack to ensure it's kept private?
What do you do differently for domestic vs. international travel?
Do you feel more freedom to step out of that hotel room dressed than out of your home?

For this three day trip, I'm taking:

Skirt - the type that doesn't wrinkle
Blouse - that can hold up my "breasts" without a bra
Nightgown
Knee-high stockings
Panties
Basic makeup that fits into one end of my toiletry bag (always packed)
A couple pairs of earrings (again, always packed)

I'll miss my bra, breastforms, and shoes. They're too hard to hide from x-ray and hand inspectors, and a thick set of rolled up socks will suffice for breasts. On a longer trip I'd take a bit more variety of blouses or dresses.

International travel depends on the destination. For Europe, all of the above are fine. For most mideast countries, it all comes out along with the earrings in my ears (though I can keep the studs in my bag for use when in private).

There must be others who travel frequently, business or pleasure. What works for you? Any good ideas for the rest of us?

monalisa
02-21-2012, 09:05 AM
You should pack what you expect to wear but also realize that the TSA might inspect your luggage. They don't really care what you have clothing wise as they are just looking for weapons or explosives. Since you have to carry liquids in a 1 quart clear container bag I would hesitate trying to take much makeup as that is seen clearly. You can always get makeup at the store when you arrive at your destination. If you pack a complete wardrobe you will get close to your 50 lb. limit so only 1 evening gown, 1 bra, lots of panties, some stockings, a nightgown, swim suit and a wig. Enjoy your trip and don't worry.

Jenniferathome
02-21-2012, 09:21 AM
I have traveled with my silicon forms and of course shoes, many times. Only once was my bag inspected by TSA. On that occasion, the woman doing the search neatly and professionally removed skirts, shoes,mowing, etc and when I asked what she was looking for, she said something on the bottom of the case and I told her they were breast forms. Her reply: that's what I thought. And I was on my way. I was not the first for her. My advice to anyone is pack your forms on top so they don't have to dig through your bag.

Miriam-J
02-21-2012, 10:32 AM
I'm sure at this point TSA agents have seen it all. Among the thousands of irate & impatient travelers they screen daily, you and your bags are unlikely to stand out in any significant way.
Bring your bra, breastforms, and shoes if you want them. You'll be through security in a moment and forgotten just as quickly.
Actually, I'm more comfortable with this at most of my destinations than at home. My nervousness here isn't so much about being closer to home and going through the lines with others that I might know (though there's a bit of that), but because it's a small airport that generally has a very slow traffic flow ... and TSA agents who appear to feel they need to apply tighter and more intrusive security than at any other airport in the country. At the other end it's nearly always a large airport where they screen thousands a day - much more like what you describe.

Miriam

Karren H
02-21-2012, 10:45 AM
No mater where I go on business.... I usually I take two large suitcases, which are always over weight... Stuffed full of everything... In triplicates.. Or more. Plus one change of male clothes.. Its amazing how much forms and makeup and jewelry weigh!! I get a lot of attention from coworkers especially on one over night trips and they have a duffle bag! "I'm prepared for anything". Lol.

My suitcases get inspected a lot and nothing has ever happened.. I've even had to rebalance them at the ticket counter to save $125 over weight charge. No one cares...

danielletorresani
02-21-2012, 11:46 AM
I WISH I could travel again like I used to. Before I was married, I got to travel a couple of times and took a bustier, a nightgown, a couple of pairs of thigh high stockings, stilettos, and a couple of dresses.

However, since I've been married I haven't been able to do it. My wife isn't in the know and she has a tendency (bless her heart) to secretly leave some kind of love letter in my baggage so that I find it after I reach my destination. I could never risk packing my femme stuff and having her find it when she tries to leave that love letter. Hmmm... Unless I keep that stuff in a separate bag and pack it when I'm literally out the door....

Thankfully my wife is travelling for almost a whole week this month. Though I haven't got to travel en femme for many years, at least her travelling means that I can stay home en femme. It's going to be around 5 days straight of dressing up. I can't wait!

ChubbyLeahCD
02-21-2012, 12:12 PM
I am going to LA for a conference in two weeks and will stay for 3 days and then a day in Phoenix...I want to take some clothes really bad but am afraid of having my bag opened at security an being around the guys I'm flying with. I don't wear makeup (because I don't know how to remove it and look like i did not wear a thing).
Ideally I'd take some clothes and a pair of shoes and a toy but I know the toy for sure will cause them to open it and I don't know...I'm so scared!

Stephanie47
02-21-2012, 12:16 PM
I was fortunate in that my away from home business travel was by car. I usually took several floor length nightgowns and a dress for each evening. And, an assortment of bras, panties and slips to match my dresses. I took shoes and two wigs and makeup. I was still very self conscious about cross dressing, so I packed everything each morning in a business looking file box and left it in the bottom of the closet. I usually stayed at a Marriott which had a closet with a door. That seemed to satisfy my need for privacy. I never had to stay at a hotel where the only option was to hang dresses in plain sight. If I only had that option I'd probably put everything in the trunk of my car each morning.

Marie-Elise
02-21-2012, 12:27 PM
I am going to LA for a conference in two weeks and will stay for 3 days and then a day in Phoenix...I want to take some clothes really bad but am afraid of having my bag opened at security an being around the guys I'm flying with. I don't wear makeup (because I don't know how to remove it and look like i did not wear a thing).
Ideally I'd take some clothes and a pair of shoes and a toy but I know the toy for sure will cause them to open it and I don't know...I'm so scared!

I was afraid the first time I traveled with girly stuff. However, I did get my baggage opened at security and the TSA guy held one of my high heels in his hand as asked if my wife was traveling with me. I looked him in the eye and said something like I like to relax after a tough day at the office.

Just as an aside, yesterday I was at Target and some panties on sale caught my eye. I was holding on while trying to find a matching bra and a woman came over and said "I know she's going to like those." I looked at her and told her they were for me. She just smiled and said "Oh" and walked away.

It may be that I am getting older but I am just tired of people being all up in my business. Defiant is better than scared any day.

Veronnie2
03-02-2012, 12:35 PM
For airpalne flights, I usually pack everything that I need to wear for my femme moments, and send it through the baggage loading area. My clothing, make up, shoes, etc., Yes, the bag gets inspected, but nothing has ever disappeared from my suitcase. My other items go on with me in my carry-on. When able to travel by car, I take what I will need for at least a 2 day longer stay. Pre-planning my attire works best for me. Veronnie2

Miriam-J
03-02-2012, 04:30 PM
For airpalne flights, I usually pack everything that I need to wear for my femme moments, and send it through the baggage loading area. My clothing, make up, shoes, etc., Yes, the bag gets inspected, but nothing has ever disappeared from my suitcase. My other items go on with me in my carry-on. When able to travel by car, I take what I will need for at least a 2 day longer stay. Pre-planning my attire works best for me. Veronnie2
This sounds like a great idea, but I have a age-old habit of never checking luggage for any trip (even long vacations). Perhaps I should rethink that a bit. Thanks.

Miriam

Paula_56
03-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Take what you need, as the girls here say there isn't an issue, you're aloud to be transgendered. so many girls fly no problem

reb.femme
03-02-2012, 05:09 PM
I mostly get to do one night stays as I'm an IT girl. Very occasionally, I get 5 nights at our main office which is great. I always take a couple of nighties and a couple of my silk teddies, a dressing gown, thigh high stockings and suspender belt. Love the freedom to dress as I want in the room and it's so much more relaxing being enfemme. Also, plenty of both silk and cotton knickers. I wear the cotton under my suit during the day, saving the silk for nights. Just hope no-one sees the lace trim through the trouser material....a girl could be left very embarrassed.

franlee
03-02-2012, 06:34 PM
An easy solution if you realy want your stuff or need it and still don't want to stand the chance of being outed is to FedX or express mail it to yourself at the reserved location. Might coast a buck or two but it gets the job done. Then send them back to your home or alternate address. UPS don't care if you CD as long as they can handle the logistics.

Fran

Kaz
03-02-2012, 06:51 PM
I used to do overseas a lot and then it stopped for a while.. recently it restarted and I have taken forms and a load of clothes to Dubai, Germany, and Singapore in the last 6 months. When staying over in the UK I fill my boot/trunk with with all I have - overseas you have to choose...difficult but doable... I had no problem in Dubai!