PDA

View Full Version : Walken in the door and...........

Debra Russell
02-21-2012, 01:38 PM
Well Saturday my wife was with a friend, my daughter went to work - I called my wife and ask where our 19yr old grandson was and she said that his mom dropped off in a near by city (15 miles away):) OK so after a while I called my wife back and told her that I was going to play in the closet , She acknowledged that it was evident from the sound of my voice:battingeyelashes: (really?) ho hum and have fun.

I shaved, got dressed makeup and all - just wanted to be me for a while! put on my new wig, practice new makeup and a chance to wear a sweater I've had for a year and never got to wear out -- all done and went to take a pic - couldn't find my camera, just my cell phone, so yeah! thats right I left it at my business:doh: perfect excuse to take a short drive - so out I go - no worries I go out frequentyl. It's early afternoon and on a weekend, no one around

I take a short drive to my work place, it felt o good to be out even if it was for a short time. I parked in front and went in; looked all over and no camera! Oh well lets see as I retraced my steps I think I left it in my coat pocket and its at home - cell phone will have to do:sad:

I am out now and would be a shame to waste a nice afternoon. I shut the front door and go for a walk to the market and around the neighborhood back to the car and drive back home - now as I get close to the house I see through the window that the TV is on.......... humm... wife must have gotten home, no worrie she knows all so I walk through the front door and suprise:eek::brolleyes: OMG My grandson is sitting there (new it would happen someday) he looks at me and WTF - I said hello - though your mom dropped you at your friends - he gave me a ride home WTF
I went and changed without further explaination.

As I changed I tryed to come up with a story, but alas it was futile. I went back in the living room and said er.. ah... well I have showed you pics of me dressed as to how much I looked like my sisters and I like to do it once in a while ; what did you think when I walked in? "I thought you were one of gmas wierd friends and wondered why they would just walk in without knocking" He wasn't too freaked out and his mother knows. About that time I heard the garage door go up as my wife got home; when she came in he says to her "do you know gpa likes to dress up like a lady?" Yes she said he has too many sisters. No more has been said but feel kind of like being caught with your pants down and a little embarressed but no bad repercussions.....yet This is what I looked like..........................Debra

174786 174787

STACY B
02-21-2012, 01:54 PM
Lordy LORDY ,, Thats some story . Ill bet ya heart skipped a beat or two ? Hey the cats out the bag an your free now . By the way you look great !! Would have never pegged ya . So natural . An your hair fits you great too .

kimdl93
02-21-2012, 01:59 PM
well, I think granpa looks pretty good. As you said, I guess it had to happen sooner or later. I think you handled the situation pretty well.

Marleena
02-21-2012, 02:00 PM
All I can say is OUCH, Debra. This is my worst fear since I've almost been busted a few times by my stepson. It looks like it ended okay in your case. This hiding stuff really does suck!

Barbara Ella
02-21-2012, 02:01 PM
You look pretty good, just wonder what type of really "weird" friends gma has...lol All you can do is pull up the pants and move on..

Babes

AllieSF
02-21-2012, 02:23 PM
I hope that I am as cool as you were when I eventually get caught in the act by someone who knows me. Way to go and for what it is worth congratulations.

Ally 2112
02-21-2012, 02:54 PM
What a change of events .Usually we are afraid of someone walking in on us lol .But you look great in my opin

Niya W
02-21-2012, 03:04 PM
I hope that I am as cool as you were when I eventually get caught in the act by someone who knows me. Way to go and for what it is worth congratulations.
Just wait few years till the grands kids get older .

carhill2mn
02-21-2012, 03:06 PM
Congratulations for making the best of an awkward moment! You do look like a grandma (LOL).

Bree-asaurus
02-21-2012, 03:07 PM
Sounds like it could have been worse :)

Am I the only one that read "Walken in the doorway?" :D

Being Paige
02-21-2012, 03:39 PM
Yes you look great as the others have said. I guess we all have to come to terms that we are going to be found out about sooner or later. Glad that your family is so accepting!

kimdl93
02-21-2012, 03:40 PM
I gotta admit, I had to read the Headline a second time....

Chari
02-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Fabulous looking "weird friend of gmas"! Don't worry about what is going to happen now that Debra has been discovered. Your SO knows about Debra, and seems very accepting already, so enjoy!

Marleena
02-21-2012, 06:41 PM
This thread needs more cowbell!:w00t:

AllieSF
02-21-2012, 06:59 PM
Right on Marleena. Definitely has cowbell, but a little or a lot more always makes it more better.

Rogina B
02-21-2012, 07:28 PM
Well,now that the "cat is out of the bag",you can be in girl mode anytime!! No big deal,enjoy yourself,you deserve to be able to be yourself.

Leslie Langford
02-21-2012, 09:02 PM

Had the same initial reaction as you, Bree... ;)

Hard to imagine which would have triggered the bigger "creep" factor - seeing Christopher Walken suddenly appear in the doorway, or a close family member who didn't previously know about one's crossdressing...

Hold on! - I take that back. Even creepier would be the thought of Chris in the doorway while wearing a dress. That would make even Norman Bates from "Psycho" look like a benign schoolmarm.

Speaking of which, when did that handsome, fresh-faced young man who was the Christopher Walken we knew in "The Deer Hunter" turn into this spooky alien whom we now associate that name? :eek: :doh: :heehee:

Niya W
02-21-2012, 09:07 PM
Had the same initial reaction as you, Bree... ;)

Hard to imagine which would have triggered the bigger "creep" factor - seeing Christopher Walken suddenly appear in the doorway, or a close family member who didn't previously know about one's crossdressing...

Hold on! - I take that back. Even creepier would be the thought of Chris in the doorway while wearing a dress. That would make even Norman Bates from "Psycho" look like a benign schoolmarm.

Speaking of which, when did that handsome, fresh-faced young man who was the Christopher Walken we knew in "The Deer Hunter" turn into this spooky alien whom we now associate that name? :eek: :doh: :heehee:

no Christopher Walken showing up then asking you for date . Dress would be optional.

Leslie Langford
02-21-2012, 09:16 PM
niya, I said that the current version of Christopher Walken looks like a spooky alien. I never said that he wasn't my type. ;) :eek: :doh: :tongueout

Bree-asaurus
02-21-2012, 10:27 PM

Is this close enough? :D

Niya W
02-21-2012, 11:21 PM
niya, I said that the current version of Christopher Walken looks like a spooky alien. I never said that he wasn't my type. ;) :eek: :doh: :tongueout
Oh my Leslie. Next thing you know you will be dating gary busey

Jess Marie
02-21-2012, 11:47 PM
wow. great story and good looks!

Julogden
02-22-2012, 12:17 AM

Yeah, me too, that could have been REAL scary. Think of him in Sleepy Hollow.

Carol

Leslie Langford
02-22-2012, 12:40 AM
Oh my Leslie. Next thing you know you will be dating gary busey

Was that picture taken just before, or just after the motorcycle accident? :eek: :heehee:

I was channel surfing awhile back and caught Gary on a show called "Trading Wives" (or something like that). Wow, talk about your spacemen from another planet! Scary guy, but in a lovable, child-like sort of way. I think he might make a great pet for someone... ;) :doh:

Niya W
02-22-2012, 12:51 AM
It was a movie called under siege . Steven Segal was in it .

ReineD
02-22-2012, 12:53 AM
"do you know gpa likes to dress up like a lady?"

LOL. Things can be so simple for 19 year olds. He's not thinking of any repercussions, any motives, he just made a comment on what he saw. He's in the moment. And as long as all the adults in his world are OK with it, then he will be too.

Gotta love 19 year olds. :hugs:

Mary Morgan
02-22-2012, 06:09 AM
Debra, Congratulations on keeping your calm and keeping your integrity. Now one of the concerns you all had has been eliminated and the earth did not quake. Sounds like a wonderful outcome to a potential problem.

Leslie Langford
02-22-2012, 10:18 AM
Is this close enough? :D

OMG!!! I feel this searing pain ripping through my eyeballs...:eek: :doh:

Sadly, this is the type of image that many people still have of crossdressers. We still have a lot of educating to do, but we are making progress. The outcry over ABC's recent bomb "Work It" which was yanked after just two ignominious episodes is a testament to that.

kimdl93
02-22-2012, 12:03 PM

I think it was around the time he played the Headless Horseman in Sleepy Hollow. Tim Burton is adept at bringing out the creepier side of people. Its a good kind of creepiness, tho.

joank
02-22-2012, 01:24 PM
About the same time as you (Debra) had this exposure to your grandson, I was cominbg back from a trip to Sally's Beauty Supply and, lo and behold, my daugters car is in parked in the front yard. I drove into the non-connected garage, let the dog out of the car and went into the house through the bedroom door. Daughter said howdy to the dog, yelled hello to me from the computer room and that was it. I changed, washed and carried on like it was a normal day. I have good reason to think she knows but does not really want to deal with my feminan side. BTW, the SO knows and is tollerant but not real supportive.

Abbey Lane
02-22-2012, 01:57 PM
That is truly a classic story. Maybe an Academy Award. Maybe you should be on the Red carpet you look great. Thanks for sharing.

Karenmarie
02-22-2012, 02:31 PM
Congratulations, you did it and you look so pretty.

Doesn't it seem, that these days, younger people are more tolerant of "different" lifestyles than people in the past???
Young people have the opportunity to go onto the "web" and see everything everyone else see's. I'm a submissive to my wife and most women, and of course there are sites for this, CD'sing.... you name it, its there for all to see.

Debra Russell
02-22-2012, 03:50 PM
Well it was an expierence. The only thing was my wife mentioned that I needed to have a talk with my g-son but she diden't see his response - he was a little like, well OK, and I think he is all right - no bad reaction or anything and life is normal - as it gets I guess. I know when I told my g-daughter (19 at the time ) she was like "right-on g-pa, cool" and we went shopping - my very best day cd,ing ever.

It was a little like I say - being caught with your pants down and not really embarressing but more a loss of what to say - the only way to apporach that is straight on truthful to the point with out shame - I did the best I could on the spur of the moment. I thing we are all fine

Thank you all for your compliments. I really hoped I diden't look like a freek when he saw me and as he said he thought I was one of G-mas wierd friends and thats OK he thinks all of her friends are wierd - teenagers what do they know, except g-paw dressess like a lady.........................Debra

kimdl93
02-22-2012, 04:36 PM
... one of G-mas wierd friends and thats OK he thinks all of her friends are wierd - teenagers what do they know, except g-paw dressess like a lady.........................Debra

The great thing is that one day, although neither you nor I will be around to see it, your grandson (and my grand kids) will be looking back at life from where we see it, and probably think neither, gma, her friends nor gpa were all that weird. They were just enjoying life while they still could. And of course, I hope he does the same.