PDA

View Full Version : Farting shoes, Counseling, and Acceptance.

Loretta
02-22-2012, 05:49 PM
1) I just bought a pair of heels a couple of weeks ago.
I tried them on when they got here last night (much to the chagrin of the postlady), and they fit nicely.
Then, I put them on today, and every time I take a step, a little bit of air expels from the right shoe! It's almost as if my foot has gas. I don't really know what is causing it, but it's taking away from the great feeling of femininity I get from wearing them.

2) I also went and saw my psychiatrist yesterday, and I finally told him about my crossdressing. He recommended several websites (this wasn't one of them, unfortunately), along with a gender therapist and TG/CD group therapy, which takes place at the same counseling facility!
Which segues into...

3) It took my dad a while, but after I opened up to my psychiatrist, he started warming up to the idea that his son is a crossdresser.

So, except for the farting shoes (Which I'd like some advice on), it was a pretty Kick-ass (Can we say ass?) day.

Babette
02-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Loretta, I don't have a straight answer for your farting heels, but other flat-soled shoes like tennies will readily do the same. My solution is to pull the shoe's liner out and sprinkle a little talcum or baby powder inside. Then replace the liner.

If your heels continue to "pass gas", then avoid people!

Babette

Barbara Ella
02-22-2012, 06:00 PM
Very glad your Dad is warming up to your cross dressing. That can provide such heartwarming support.

Let your psychiatrist know about this site, expand his horizons, and if he knows of it question him on why he did not recommend it. might be interesting to get his take on what he thinks we are doing here.

As for the farting shoes, quit putting the beans in them at night...Try rubbing some talcum powder of something like that along the sides of the shoes. If that fails drill a hole in the bottom.

Babes

RachelOKC
02-22-2012, 06:07 PM
I have no advice on the farting shoe, but to quote an old housemate of mine: "Nothing says love like a farting shoe." I really thought I'd never have occassion to use that line, so thank you for the opportunity.

And glad to hear about the good news with the therapist, trans group, and the old man's coming around.

Gaby2
02-22-2012, 06:24 PM
Maybe it's only all the wine, Loretta... but I can't stop giggling about your heels...
Kick-ass heels for a Kick-ass day?
Perhaps I'm only very happy for you and your Dad!
Gaby:)

WsprsOnTheWind
02-22-2012, 06:29 PM
I hate that "fart" noise that I get with some of my sandals in the summer. I have no idea how to make it stop and it's quite embarrassing.

WifeofWrenchette
02-22-2012, 07:19 PM
It's from moisture in the shoe from perspiring so that's why the talcum powder works. it dries out the moisture, but just for a little while. You'll have to keep applying it or it will happen again. When this happens a lot with a pair of shoes I have I throw them out.

jillleanne
02-22-2012, 08:05 PM
I had a pair of sandals that the right sandal does the same thing. Being a believer that everything ever made can be fixed to work properly, I took the sandal apart. The noise came from the heel which was made of corrugated cardboard inside.

docrobbysherry
02-22-2012, 09:49 PM
I'm with Gaby, Loretta! Thank u so much for the belly laffs, girl!
"Farting shoes!" RFL!

As for actual farting, I find my tuck usual takes care of THAT ISSUE!

Persephone
02-23-2012, 12:41 AM
As for actual farting, I find my tuck usual takes care of THAT ISSUE!

Joan Rivers once said, "My pantyhose are so tight that when I fart my ankles swell up!"

Hugs,
Persephone.

pureslvr GG
02-23-2012, 12:52 AM
All I can advise to you for the farting shoe problem Loretta is this, for God's sake DON'T WEAR THEM TO THE AIRPORT....YOU WILL NEVER GET THROUGH SECURITY WITH THOSE THINGS......