PDA

View Full Version : Skirt Suits

Kierci
10-31-2005, 06:32 PM
Can anyone tell me how a lady is supposed to buy a skirt suit, when she needs the top to be one size and the skirt a different size? I have seen many skirt suits I would love to get but I am afraid of either the top or bottom not fitting when I get it. I guess this is one of the issues GG's have to deal with, maybe not. Any sudgestions on this ????

TGMarla
10-31-2005, 06:37 PM
Perhaps, when no one is looking, you could take the skirt from one hanger and replace it with the skirt from the one that is the other size? A bit underhanded, perhaps, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Kierci
10-31-2005, 06:40 PM
I thought about doing that, but dont they check at the checkout? Unfortunetly that wouldn't work if I ordered something either by catalogue or internet.

Florence Crook
10-31-2005, 06:44 PM
Suits with jackets a size larger than the skirt come up from time to time on eBay I've noticed. Also you can often buy the items separately from on-line stores and therefore in whatever sizes you want - for instance from Long Tall Sally (www.longtallsally.co.uk)

Jonien
10-31-2005, 06:44 PM
Perhaps, when no one is looking, you could take the skirt from one hanger and replace it with the skirt from the one that is the other size? A bit underhanded, perhaps, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Yes well my wife has done that a few times you take both sizes into the changing cubical try on and the set that fits you bye and tell the staff that the sizes are incorrect.

having said that a lot of places now have mix and match for this reason

Kierci
10-31-2005, 07:14 PM
by the sounds I am going to have to work on my coordinating skills eh?

Jodi
10-31-2005, 08:47 PM
I, also, cannot buy a complete suit due to the size difference. What I look for is those stores that sell matching coordinates. We are not unique in a top/bottom size difference. Many GG's have the same problem. Most women's clothing stores and major dept stores sell their matching jackets/skirts/pants as separates. I own about a dozen matching suits, and no outfit was bought as a same size set.

As for the switching the sizes on the rack or in the fitting room--don't do it. You will be caught. Retail people look for this. I worked retail in both New York & Co and the Limited. I speak from personal experience. If caught, you risk the chance of being embarrassed in the store.

Jodi

Denise01
10-31-2005, 10:52 PM
Hi Jodi:

I was in a Dress Barn in March, looking around and I spotted some skirt suits on sale. They were on a rack, where you could buy a skirt in one size and the matching jacket what every size you needed. They were priced indivudually and I got the suit for under $50.

Fortunately for me the skirt and jacket sizes were the same, but guess not all the girls are as fortunate as I am .

Good Luck:

Denise:)

Abby Lauren
10-31-2005, 11:26 PM
Hasn't anybody heard of a seamstress? You should buy the larger top in the right size and alter the skirt if switching sizes doesn't appeal to you and different sizes aren't available. In large dept stores, you can frequently find separates that are different sizes.
Good luck.
Abby

Billijo49504
10-31-2005, 11:29 PM
Just what I was going to suggest, buy from a store that sell seperates.

Kierci
11-01-2005, 12:40 PM
Good points, Thanks. Unfortunetly I can't have the clothes altered at this point too many people know me and my family around here, that would be bad, the phone call to let me know my skirt is available to be picked up, :eek: Ughhhhhhh

LaurenAnne
11-01-2005, 03:21 PM
Jennyaz, I highly recommend purchasing coordinating seperates online at eBay. Some very excellent brands can be had at ridiculously low prices... and if they don't work together, you can turn around and sell them [or keep just the jacket or the skirt]. Boy, I sound like an eBay advertisement. :eek:

Richelle
11-01-2005, 03:26 PM
I find this to be common in most dress tores or departments. Remember, many GGs have the same issue.

If you have concerns at the store, just ask. Most just want to make a sale.

Richelle

I was in a Dress Barn in March, looking around and I spotted some skirt suits on sale. They were on a rack, where you could buy a skirt in one size and the matching jacket what every size you needed. They were priced indivudually and I got the suit for under $50.

Denise:)

Jesse69
11-01-2005, 10:33 PM
I shop for excellent skirt suits and 3 pc outfits at Casual Corner. I just love this store and their styles! You can buy most every skirt suit as separates, but I have no problem since I'm the same top & bottom size.

I should be able to shop guilt free cuz I'm a size 6, same size for a woman my height!

Kierci
11-04-2005, 03:33 PM
Richelle, sounds like you got a helluva deal, thanks Now we need pics hmmmmmm

Kierci
11-04-2005, 03:34 PM
Jesse how are their prices?

Kierci
11-04-2005, 03:36 PM
Lauren, I am too scared that two things will happen, 1) it'll arrive when I am not home and 2) it wont fit when I get it. Being unemployeed I cant take the chance of wasting money even temporarily, But thanks for the sudgestion

Kierci
11-08-2005, 01:21 PM
Did anyone get to the JCPenny sale this past weekend? I was wanting too but being single raising my daughter it didnt work out :( I was wanting to get my first skirt suit while everything was on sale there cuz they have some beutiful suits and dresses there for decent prices already. Maybe next time!!!!!