PDA

View Full Version : A Surprise While Shopping

KrystalA
02-23-2012, 10:50 AM
A couple of days ago my SO and I went shopping. We were at a women’s clothing store and she went into the fitting room to try on a few blouses. I wandered over to the underwear area and as I was looking around a pair of cute bikini panties caught my eye. I took them off the rack and was looking them over when out of nowhere a female friend of ours came up beside me and said “Looks like those are your size. My husband wears that same style sometimes”. I stood there all flustered, not knowing what to say, and she went on “You know, Craig (not her husband’s real name) has a lot of women’s clothes that he wears around the house. It’s no big deal”. Well, no point in trying to deny it now, so I said “Yeah, so do I”, and she said “I’ll bet a lot of men do that and no one suspects”. About that time, my SO showed up, and said “Hey, girl, what’s up?” To which this lady replies “Your old man and I were just discussing how much he and my old man have in common”. At that point, my SO noticed the panties I was holding in my hand and said “Wow, those are really cute. Get a few more of those and then let’s all go have a cup of coffee”. Since they had a sale on them, I ended up selecting 5 pair and then paid for them, and we all walked to a café a few doors away. After we were seated and served, my SO said to her “So, Craig dresses too”? “Oh yeah”, the gal says. They talked about how they accepted and supported us, and though I was still pretty much speechless, I really enjoyed hearing them be so open about it. It got me to thinking, because I’ve known this guy for about five or six years, and I had no idea he was a cd. It made me wonder how many others I knew that shared these same experiences but were closeted about it. There must be a whole lot more of us around that I suspected. What do you girls think?

KerryLynn
02-23-2012, 10:53 AM
It sounds like you had a great time :) Its always nice to have friends you can share things with and Has your friend found out about they way you dress? It would be interesting to hear that conversation. It makes me wonder. When I was in SC they had opened the Boeing plant and I met a pre-op lady so I had to say hi :) As someone living in the open I hope that I can be an example to others that will at least let them come up and say hi to me. :)

JaneAshland
02-23-2012, 11:01 AM
I bet if everyone would come out of the closet we would not have any problems, and be totally amazed at the friends/coworkers that we know are CDers as well!

BRANDYJ
02-23-2012, 11:10 AM
Wow! How bold of your lady friend. I would have been speechless too. Now I wonder? Any plans to get together as two couples and enjoy and evening together comparing notes? If they are good friends, this sounds like a perfectly normal thing to do together.

Karren H
02-23-2012, 11:31 AM
Sounds like some pretty double dates could be in your future!!

BillieJoEllen
02-23-2012, 11:48 AM
I can't imagine ANYONE in our circle of friends or family that would be that cool with that situation. I would quickly have to think of some excuse or the blistering criticism would begin ASAP.

StephanieDragg
02-23-2012, 11:59 AM
What an awesome story... I love hearing stuff like that!!!!!

DonnaT
02-23-2012, 02:42 PM
Definitely more CDs than we are aware of. Just think how small a percentage this forum is, and the number of other forums, then multiply that at least 10 fold. Tip of the iceberg?

~Joanne~
02-23-2012, 02:56 PM
I wonder if this lady friend went home and told Craig and what the end result will be for his SO just openly outting her like that. Apparently you didn't know so her SO is clearly a closeted dresser and will have some really mixed feeling about the whole situation. Have you called or talked to Craig since this day?

I know that if my SO knew and did the same, the first words out of my mouth would have been WTF?

DonnaT
02-23-2012, 03:01 PM
I wonder if this lady friend went home and told Craig and what the end result will be for his SO just openly outting her like that. Apparently you didn't know so her SO is clearly a closeted dresser and will have some really mixed feeling about the whole situation. Have you called or talked to Craig since this day?

I know that if my SO knew and did the same, the first words out of my mouth would have been WTF?
He may be like me and gave his wife permission to talk to whomever she wishes. :)

AllieSF
02-23-2012, 03:04 PM
Another WOW! That is a great surprise and makes one wonder, as others have said, how many are really out there. Joanne, we really do not know how open the other lady and her husband are. They may be totally comfortable with her hubby's dressing and may be more out than anyone realizes. I think that is one of those, "Its their problem to deal with if a problem even exists" situations. Hopefully, Krystal will give us more details in the future.

Marleena
02-23-2012, 03:08 PM
That was an interesting story. You get busted by a female friend, she's fine with it and outs her own husband.:) So now all four of you have a common bond. Can't ask for a better experience I think.

BRANDYJ
02-23-2012, 03:16 PM
He may be like me and gave his wife permission to talk to whomever she wishes. :)

I'm with you Donna. My SO can tell anyone she feels like telling since I trust her judgement 100% about who and why she would ever share this part of me with. That was also true with my 2 ex-wives years ago.
And in Krystal's case, this could be a good thing causing a friendship to grow even stronger.

RADER
02-23-2012, 03:21 PM
I bet more men try on or at least wear something Fem than we know.
Now lot of me would never admit it to anyone beyond their wives, and those are
only the some times cross dresses.
I was away on business for the last two days; and I made sure I had a bra & nighty
to dress up at night; I wonder how many more business people out their did the same????
Rader

Nikki A.
02-23-2012, 03:23 PM
I came out to my accountant yesterday, she showed me a picture of her son who is also a CD

~Joanne~
02-23-2012, 04:01 PM

That is very true :) Still have to wonder how many closeted dresser actually do that though ;)

~Joanne~
02-23-2012, 04:03 PM
Joanne, we really do not know how open the other lady and her husband are. They may be totally comfortable with her hubby's dressing and may be more out than anyone realizes. I think that is one of those, "Its their problem to deal with if a problem even exists" situations. Hopefully, Krystal will give us more details in the future.

That is so very true :) I am also hoping to get more details on this also. I am a curious sort lol or just extremly nosey lol :)

Being Paige
02-23-2012, 04:10 PM
I have no clue as to wether any of my friends CD as well! I feel alone other then when I'm in here.

JessHaust
02-23-2012, 04:35 PM
It made me wonder how many others... There must be a whole lot more of us around that I suspected. What do you girls think?
Lot's and Lots! Isn't it wonderful?

STACY B
02-23-2012, 05:00 PM
I bet if everyone would come out of the closet we would not have any problems, and be totally amazed at the friends/coworkers that we know are CDers as well!

You got that right !!!! Cuz you know for sure that there are untold amounts of guys out there who do the same thing ,,,,Just like Donna said ,, This is just a SMALL % Real small , An I meen all walks to the once in a blue moon dressers to full blown trans chix , An every thing in between . We would never get any heels then !! WOOPS Better be careful what we wish for > ????

joandher
02-23-2012, 05:03 PM
I didn't realize my post man was a cd until I went to a cd meeting, and at that meeting was a TS that lived 300 yds away and around the corner 500yds away i was passing a house where i new the man there who lived on his own putting his rubbish out for the collectors, when he saw me he did a quick turn around back into his house,
I now know of 5 within a 1000 yards of where I live, so that made me think just how many haven't I seen????

Miriam-J
02-23-2012, 07:50 PM
What a great way to increase your support group, though I think I would have been terrified for a bit as well.

As to how many of the people we know are also cross-dressing, look at it statistically. A certain portion of the population cross-dresses, say 1% though it might be higher than that. You probably know hundreds of people. 1% of 500 would be five people. You can use this same process to realize that you probably know someone with nearly every "oddity" you can think of. Perhaps the most odd think about someone would be if they didn't have any oddities.

I was away on business for the last two days; and I made sure I had a bra & nighty to dress up at night; I wonder how many more business people out their did the same????
Still on my four day business trip in Phoenix. Bra at night - no way, too uncomfortable. But definitely a nighty. Bra, blouse, skirt, and so on are for relaxing in the evenings.

Miriam

Taya
02-23-2012, 11:30 PM
what a great story :)

t-girlxsophie
02-23-2012, 11:59 PM
Just goes to show,You can't judge a book by it's cover.We just don't know what secrets lie behind others doors.

I also trust my Wifes instincts,if she wants to tell anyone about Sophie

Sophie

marny
02-24-2012, 06:10 AM
some of us older gals may recognize the whiff of 'a letter to penthouse'. just missing the happy ending!

Tracy - new dresser
02-24-2012, 06:14 AM
gee i hope my SO doesnt go around bringing up my dressing secrets at the shops lol

suchacutie
02-24-2012, 10:44 AM
This is a terrific story if you want to be outed randomly. Your friend's wife could simply be a loose cannon on the deck of life who could be willing to out you as easily as she does her husband. If she is clueless and that loose cannon, welcome to being completely out and about :) It is complicated being transgendered :)

tina

KrystalA
02-26-2012, 09:55 AM
Just wanted you girls to know that we haven't heard back from the other couple yet. And NO Marny, this is not one of those phony 'letters to penthouse'...this really happened.

marny
02-26-2012, 05:49 PM
Apologies. Good on you! We should all be so lucky.

BRANDYJ
02-26-2012, 06:24 PM
Just wanted you girls to know that we haven't heard back from the other couple yet. And NO Marny, this is not one of those phony 'letters to penthouse'...this really happened.

Keep us posted Krystal. I can't imagine that if a friend found out via his wife, that they would want to perhaps at least talk about it.
And as for the letters to Penthouse, they are real. Back in the 70"s, I wondered if they were real or not myself. So I wrote a letter to Penthouse about my telling my wife about my crossdressing. Guess what? They published it word for word. I thought they might either edit it or cut it down in size, but they printed it just as I wrote it.

BLUE ORCHID
02-26-2012, 08:46 PM
Once the Goverment starts to register CD's then we will have an
honest count of the percent of men that Crossdress.

~Joanne~
02-26-2012, 08:51 PM
Once the Goverment starts to register CD's then we will have an
honest count of the percent of men that Crossdress.

Don't even kid about things like that lmao

Sarasometimes
02-27-2012, 09:17 AM
Great story. I hope "Craig" is cool with his wife let the cat out of the Bloomie bag! How would this have turned out if you were looking for a pair for your wife and simply had the wrong size in your hand? You may want to talk to your wife about how she should handle a similar situation with other friends of yours. I for one would not want my wife to do what she did for Craig. "Loose lips sink ships."
On the other hand how cool would it have been if "Craig" then steps out of another fitting room in a cute skirt and top outfit, just as your wife does???

Krististeph
02-27-2012, 09:38 AM
That's got to feel great when that happens.

You know, I'm sure it actually happens, or would happen, more often than not- more than half the time. Too bad those other times are so frought with negativity. I'm sure a half to a third of the people i help out around the neighborhood would have a hissy and never want to interact with me again if they knew i crossdressed, or did so in public around the neighborhood, it's been my experience you can't really tell.

I have, by the way, excellent 'gay-dar', so i am pretty good about reading people in a broader sense, but CD issues still freak people out a bit. Things are getting better, and not by small amounts. some of the folks probably don't even know themselves how they feel.

granted, growing up seeing women in feminine dress and guys in masculine- when you cross it up it grates on your instinct-- sometimes good (love chicks in man tailored outfits), sometimes not so- lots of my own pix i'm not very happy with. But regardless of how someone looks- when they make the effort, and when they smile and/or are genuinely nice- i'd work with them, hang out with them, over anyone else. Hate it ugly, and ugly for a reason.

Someday, all my neighbors may catch on, and i'll let the chips fall where they may. the people who still speak to me are the one's i'd rather speak with, anyway.

On a related thread- wore girls tennies to work Saturday teaching- not overtly feminine- but light/powder blue instead of a more manly blue. not sure if anyone noticed- one student left early sick- (Hope it wasn't a reaction to my shoes... :-)) 3 stayed an extra 90 minutes after a 5 hours class to learn some MS Excel tricks related to the field. I felt like i had a little more energy than usual, lighter shoes let me move around more- i'm a 'moving' lecturer- gotta be for a 5 hour class- stir up the students every hour as well.

BTW- NICE avatar, short skirt and blond hair- reminds me of Reese Witherspoon. (my wife _loves_ her, can't argue with her taste) . Can I ask who makes the dress?

sherri
02-27-2012, 10:18 AM
Yep, that's quite a story alright.

dsmth
02-27-2012, 11:03 AM
My SO keeps telling me that she's seeing "a lot" of fully dressed people around the city... But I don't strangely. Anyways I tell her that for every person that she sees out and about, there is probably at least 1000 times more (I would even guess 10,000 times more) people that dress privately in the city. If you were to see 10 people dressed in the span of a week and if you realize that that can only be a fraction of the people that were out and about dressing in the city during that same week and that only 1% (total unknown guess) of people go out casually around the city in the daylight and only a fraction of people that dress do so "fully" (as opposed to say just wearing pantyhose in private) so multiply again by a factor of 100 then multiply by another factor to account for those that would do so "rarely" to get the total number of people in your area that dress to some extent at least sometimes. It's a huge number I bet.

Sarasometimes
02-28-2012, 08:35 AM
gee i hope my SO doesnt go around bringing up my dressing secrets at the shops lol

I'm with you Tracy, but dead serious!