PDA

View Full Version : Pagent with a twist

Marlena Dahlstrom
10-31-2005, 08:08 PM
CNN's website has footage from an international pagent "with a twist" -- all the contestents were transvestites or transgendered.

There's no direct link to the video, but go to the main CNN website (http://www.cnn.com) and just under the headlines, on the right, is usually a "Watch Free Video" box. Click on the search, and then enter "Pageant with a twist" in the search box.

FYI, Mac users may need to use Firefox because CNN's site couldn't seem to figure out that yes, I did have the Windows Media Player installed with Safari.

Jacqui
10-31-2005, 09:21 PM
All I can say is, "Wowee!"
They put the real women pageants to shame!
We don't have to compete with them, do we?

TxKimberly
10-31-2005, 09:58 PM
I would kill to look like that! <g>
Gotta stop eating, gotta start working out, Gotta stop eating, gotta start working out, Gotta stop eating, gotta start working out . . . repeat after me . . .

FrannieGrl
10-31-2005, 10:07 PM
Kimberly,
Your avatar is lovely! I think that, if this is You, that You could have won in this same pageant.

Tell me that this is really You and let me know how and where You had this picture taken. I would love to see myself in such a lovely pose.

Frannie

Marlena Dahlstrom
10-31-2005, 10:24 PM
Gotta stop eating, gotta start working out, Gotta stop eating, gotta start working out, Gotta stop eating, gotta start working out . . . repeat after me . . .

Hmm. The CD shape-up routine. Wonder if we could turn it into the next Atkins? :p

Rachel Morley
10-31-2005, 11:00 PM
Geez.....those Thailand girls are in a league of their own!!!

Billijo49504
10-31-2005, 11:57 PM
[size="7"][wow! Wow! Wow!/size]wow!

TGMarla
11-01-2005, 08:56 AM
Those girls were GORGEOUS! Oh! To look like that even for a few hours! Beautiful! I'll bet that took some work. There was no commentary on the video, but who's listening anyway? Thanks, Darla, for sharing. I wish there was a way to download it and keep it.

And Frannie's right, Kimberly. Nice shot. I remember seeing it on your website oh, so long ago. Where ya been, girl? Nice to see you again.

Ellaine
11-01-2005, 09:01 AM
I wonder why this International Pageant looked so uninternational?

Oh those costumes.......I'm soooo envious and deflated.
Ellaine :)

Adrianne
11-01-2005, 09:19 AM
The girls were beautiful, thanks for sharing Darla.

JoAnnDallas
11-01-2005, 10:18 AM
Well, there goes my ego. No way would I in a million years be even close to being on the same level as those girls. They were fantastic.

Miss America, Miss Universe watch out, you got high class Competition.

Then there is Emily Ann Brown.

Marlena Dahlstrom
11-01-2005, 02:11 PM
Actually I'm expecting to see both Emily and Karren Hutton entered in next year's competition.

Sorry Karren, I don't think there's a Hooters girl part to the contest. ;)

kysmet
11-01-2005, 05:57 PM
First things first. I want Miss Thailand's dress. hehe

Second, don't listen to Kim. She always complains about how she looks, but she always looks fabulous. And she looks better in person than in pictures. I wish I could look as good as she does.

And that mantra doesn't work when you are starving!:eek:

Ericka Jean

jessi girl
11-01-2005, 07:40 PM
ud dud, uh duh duh duh, (im speechless) rrrrrrrrrrrrgh envy sets in, they were all so pretty!

Sarahgurl371
11-01-2005, 08:21 PM
I reaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllly gotta get a F^%$*&(((Y&TY faster internet connection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TxKimberly
11-01-2005, 08:47 PM
((Erika))

I WONDERED where you where! You turned me on to this place but then I couldn't find anything I was sure was a post by you.

Thanks for the compliment by the way! Not to give you TOO big an ego, but I have always envied the way you look! You look a good deal more natural than I do, and it looks like it comes naturally and with little effort. I've gotta layer that makeup on half an inch thick to get the beard covered. :-(

Thanks to everyone who commented on my Avatar. It is me and was taken after a make over by Jamie Austin in Boston Ma about 5 years ago (http://austinsangels.com/). I think I was her feasibility test when she first started doing makeovers. (lucky me!) She has since moved on to hundreds of girls much prettier than I am and given most of them the Playboy look. To tell the truth, I was happy I got the 'nice girl' look instead of the Playboy look. Guess she decided her prototype didn't rate anymore as she pulled my pic off her web page long ago. :-(
Anyway, that's the picture I pull out and look at when I start feeling old, fat, and ugly. The bad news is that I have had several hard drive crashes and had to get my own pics back by doing screen shots of web pages they were on. As a result the only copies I now have are a bit fuzzy. Sigh . . . should have made backups of the backups. Add that to the list - stop eating, start working out, backup the backups (to separate disks).

Careless Kim

Keyplayer74
11-01-2005, 08:58 PM
In the words of Frank Barone, "HOLY CRAP!"