PDA

View Full Version : A buddy to help you?

Brittany CD
02-24-2012, 01:57 AM
Do you have any friends who help you with your crossdressing? How do they assist you? Do they hold on to your clothes or help with your makeup or even go outside with you?

As for me, I regret not coming out to a couple of friends in high school because I found out before September that my best friends from high school have no problems with people like us. I could have been Katie freely with my friends back when I was a teenager, but oh well. I'l tell them about me next time I see them, probably in the summer.

I have a cousin in grade twelve who has seen me in a dress and a wig and she's alright with it, and I've spoken to her about her doing my makeup. She's starting university this fall and might move near me. If it happens, I hope we can be girls together!

Melissa Rose
02-24-2012, 02:14 AM
One of the best places to meet and make friends is a local cd/tg or transgender group. Usually you can find someone who can help in one of the desired areas. That is the case with the one I'm a member of. There are experience girls who are willing to help out the less experienced ones.

monalisa
02-24-2012, 08:37 AM
It would be nice just to have someone zip me up in a dress as that zipper can be hard to reach. Also it is more fun to dress up with someone than just by yourself.

Tracy - new dresser
02-24-2012, 08:46 AM
i guess im one of those lucky ones who has a supportive SO, will help with whatever i ask no problems :D

Kate Simmons
02-24-2012, 09:42 AM
I'm usually pretty self sufficient but sometimes I need a hand from a friend shaving my back to prep for being in a show or wearing an evening gown as I'm a pretty hairy guy naturally. Double jointed I ain't. ;) :)

suchacutie
02-24-2012, 10:28 AM
My best friend has always been my wife, and she's been essential to Tina's progress. Of course that progress includes all the details of presentation as a woman, but I've been especially fortunate to be able to discuss the parts of gender that don't get a lot of press such as what it's like to grow up as a girl psychologically and socially, and how opinions are formed over those years. Tina would be much less without those insights!

Karren H
02-24-2012, 11:05 AM
Though I have a few local friends I've dressed with and gone shopping with.... I pretty much feel this is my personal hobby.... One of the only things I have total control over!

Miriam-J
02-24-2012, 03:44 PM
My wife is great about helping with clothing matching, makeup, and anything else that comes up. But, it would still be great to have another CD as a partner.

Miriam

Nikki A.
02-24-2012, 05:27 PM
I have a GG coworker, she & her family are pretty cool and I've been out with her & her mother in law. I also have a friend who owns a dress shop (I spend too much time & $ there), I can go in there dressed or not and no problems.
And of course I have friends that are TG from the church and the group that I attend and friends that I have met on this forum. Overall my circle keeps growing as I let myself be me more and more.

wanagione
02-24-2012, 05:59 PM
I have a wonderful GG friend at work who really got me out into the world! She is wonderful and I am so lucky to have her as a friend.

April May <3
02-24-2012, 08:32 PM
Yeah I have told only 2 people. The first just thought that it was fine, and the other is actually much more supportive than I thought. I'll say like "Hey, see that girl, I'm so jealous of ___" Lol, obviously when I'm a guy :P And she'' respond with "Well, I can totally see that on you!"
That makes me feel so much better inside that April has someone there <3
-April May <3

Michaela51
02-24-2012, 09:21 PM
My wife lets me know if I'm on track our not. Lends me her clothes, buys things for me. We go out together when I am dressed, which almost always.

Crystal77
02-25-2012, 02:17 AM
My S.O. Is very supportive , but would be nice to have more friends to help with things.

Jacqueline Winona
02-25-2012, 02:34 AM
Had one today, and it was a great experience! Also, there was another CD and a TS at the shop who helped both of us select wigs. Loved today!

KendraCD2012
02-25-2012, 10:23 AM
god, i wish i had a friend that knew i dressed and that i could hang out with and even go shopping with me for women's clothing. it'd be so much better if i had someone to talk to about my dressing and they understood.

renaej7
02-25-2012, 05:44 PM
Hi Katie,

You are very lucky to have had someone. I have been doing this alone for years and I wish I had someone that I could go to. Trial and error has been my only friend. Just thinking about the money I could have saved is kind of sickening. I hope your wish comes true.

*renae*

S. Lisa Smith
02-25-2012, 10:36 PM
I am sooo lucky to have two friends who help me. My former voice teacher is one and another is an old friend who has never met Lisa in person, but has seen lots of pictures and has been very helpful in making suggestions. We talk makeup and fashion a lot, it is sooo much fun and she enjoys it also.