PDA

View Full Version : slowly being found out at work..

Tracy - new dresser
02-24-2012, 06:20 AM
just recently one of the girls i work with has caught me out twice while at work, work with one girl and like 20guys lol. Anyway last week she spotted that i had eyeliner on (even tho i thought i got it all off the night before) and this week shes spotted my little pink/oragne specs on my nails from my removed painted nails.

The surprising thing is instead of giving me grief or asking why shes given me tips and advice lol :eek:

rarely talk or see each other outside work but i feel a whole lot closer to her :)

Miriam-J
02-24-2012, 06:47 AM
That's pretty cool that she's being kind about it. I always worry about whether I got all the makeup off and obsess over chance discovery like that, but sometimes the chance discovery is just what we need. I'm glad it's working out for you, and I'm sure you've cautioned her to keep it quiet.

Miriam

jillleanne
02-24-2012, 07:07 AM
You have a wonderful friend you should open up to now. She's waiting for just that and I'm confident she will love the idea.

Beth Mays
02-24-2012, 07:36 AM
Tracy
I came out to 3 girls in the office with the nail polish, hose, ear rings, I am sure they fill in the blanks, and thanks to my wife outing me on FB most of the guys know too.
Really if prople are your friend it will not matter what you do on your own time!
My best friend at work knows the entire picture his only thing was "please dont come over dressed, I dont want explain that to my kids" (3 girls age 7,5,4) but yes his wife knows.

Beth

RachelDenise
02-24-2012, 07:39 AM
You're so lucky to have her as a co-worker and new friend. Tips are the best from GG's!

Kathy4ever
02-24-2012, 07:59 AM
I'm surprised only 1 gg has saw it. They seem to have a radar for those things. Last week one of my employees saw my shiny nails and kept looking. She says is that clear nail poish and I said yes. She said thats gay. I thought whatever. I wanted to say you should see my toenails, but didn't.

Regan
02-24-2012, 08:05 AM
You are so lucky I have been thinking about a lady I work with who seems pretty open to things. Congrats again.

Tracy - new dresser
02-24-2012, 08:44 AM
I'm surprised only 1 gg has saw it. They seem to have a radar for those things. Last week one of my employees saw my shiny nails and kept looking. She says is that clear nail poish and I said yes. She said thats gay. I thought whatever. I wanted to say you should see my toenails, but didn't.

thats what i thought she would say, "oh your so gay lol" and i wanted to say the exact same thing lol, my toes are much nicer :)

Sara Jessica
02-24-2012, 09:21 AM
Sounds like you need better eye makeup & nail polish removers ;)!!!

NyssaF
02-24-2012, 11:21 AM
last week she spotted that i had eyeliner on (even tho i thought i got it all off the night before) and this week shes spotted my little pink/oragne specs on my nails

Is it possible you are (sub)consciously trying to get caught? Or at least hoping someone sees you and figures it out, like giving a flirting way for you to show some of your femme without going all-out?

DonnaT
02-24-2012, 03:52 PM
Sounds like she's looking you over pretty close, especially if no one else has noticed.

Anne2345
02-24-2012, 04:42 PM
Sounds like you need better eye makeup & nail polish removers ;)!!!

Damn it, Sara! You beat me to this response! Drats! Foiled again! But yeah, what Sara said!

Aloha Jayne
02-24-2012, 04:52 PM
I've had clear nail polish on my nails for the last 3 months and no one has said anything, not even my wife. I guess nobody really cares what I'm up to.

Miriam-J
02-24-2012, 05:00 PM
I have nasty old fingernails that need all the help they can get, so I've used an Opi matte finish clear that helps to strengthen them, sometimes with a gloss clear over the top. No one ever notices. If they did I can easily explain the reason.

Did my toenails with a gloss all last summer as well, but doubt that's all that original.

Miriam

joandher
02-24-2012, 05:33 PM
I've been wearing gloss nail polish for the past 2/3 years and only one person asked me about it, I told them it was an anti fungal lacquer that the doctor told me to wear ( I work on trucks full of old oil etc )

Phylis Nicole Schuyler
02-25-2012, 10:40 AM
just recently one of the girls i work with has caught me out twice while at work, work with one girl and like 20guys lol. Anyway last week she spotted that i had eyeliner on (even tho i thought i got it all off the night before) and this week shes spotted my little pink/oragne specs on my nails from my removed painted nails.

The surprising thing is instead of giving me grief or asking why shes given me tips and advice lol :eek:

rarely talk or see each other outside work but i feel a whole lot closer to her :)

My SO is a cosmetologist and does manis and pedis. She usually puts buff and shine on my nails. When they are shiny, they look like they have clear polish on them, but when they get dull, all you have to do is buff them (with a buffer or just rub them on your shirt) and they look like they've just been polished.

Wendae
02-25-2012, 11:48 AM
It's true that no one pays any attention to clear or light pink nail polish which I've been wearing on fingers and toes for several years. Red and metallic pink has gotten some pointed glances at the checkout counter. I have gone out wearing light purple eyeliner and mauve lipstick without any reaction.

Diane Elizabeth
02-25-2012, 09:48 PM
That is great for you to have an ally at work. I have sort of the same situation. We have one female at work (and 6 guys). On occassion she has noticed a smudge of lipstick or a sore spot from wearing my clip on earings too long. Or my girl jeans. But she talks in a sarcastic tone to me so I am not comfortable in telling her about my true self.

rhonda
02-25-2012, 10:20 PM
Tracy be careful wemen are like cats they are sneeke and can't be trusted , well maybe not all but most good luck

kimdl93
02-28-2012, 04:00 PM
that's very good to hear. I suppose she had a pretty good idea about why without asking, and fortunately, she's proven to be a reliable and accepting friend. Why not ask her if she'd like to go shopping?