PDA

View Full Version : Got my prscription yesterday

michelleinktown
02-24-2012, 11:48 AM
I just wanted to share my joy with you girls.
Oh hooray, I started HRT yesterday and I was so overwelmed I couldn't stop smiling and even had a few happy tears. I had my GG friend Ann come with me to the Dr. and was glad she did because it is always nice to have someone with you that can share in your enjoyment. I'm on pills right now and will be quitting smoking in the next week of two. Once I have quit smoking I will be switched to injections and have to go back to see my Dr. in three months. I am so happy right now.

Michelle

Empress Lainie
02-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Congratulations, Michelle. They really make a difference. In only 13 months my body shape has changed, 3" off my waist, 2 inches off below my lovely B breasts. I actually have an hourglass figure now: 42-39-42. So I am very happy for you. I only use the pills though, and a small dosage at that.

Pamela Kay
02-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Congratualtions Michelle!

It's such a great day and accomplishment and I know you are very happy.

I just completed my first month on HRT and feel better already.
I"m on Spiro and Estrodial pills, have to go pickup my refills today.

Enjoy this day, it is one more step down the road of your new life.

Julia_in_Pa
02-24-2012, 12:57 PM
Michelle,

First off a huge congrat's!!! That's just great to hear!!

I'm not going to tell you to stop smoking so I won't type STOP SMOKING!! OK?

YAY for you Michelle!!

Julia

EnglishRose
02-24-2012, 01:04 PM
Congrats Michelle! :)

And I AM going to say it helps to stop smoking so am so pleased you're planning to!
http://jcem.endojournals.org/content/88/8/3467.full

Frances
02-24-2012, 01:12 PM
Great news. Keep us posted on developments.

Rianna Humble
02-24-2012, 04:45 PM
Hi Michele, that really is wonderful news :bighug:

I'm only afew weeks ahead of you and I remember thinking that my grim would outdo the Cheshire Cat :heehee:

Whilst I agree with those who say giving up smoking will be good for you, I'm not so sure I would want a side effect to be having more needles stuck in me :eek: if I were in your place

Jessinthesprings
02-24-2012, 05:59 PM
Grats! now you get to hurry up and wait! lol

EnglishRose
02-24-2012, 09:33 PM
Whilst I agree with those who say giving up smoking will be good for you, I'm not so sure I would want a side effect to be having more needles stuck in me :eek: if I were in your place

You reminded me of a Paul Merton joke. :)

"You can get acupuncture to help you stop smoking. They stick needles in your eyes so you can't find your cigarettes."

Note: he used a British colloquialism, beginning with F and meaning 'cigarettes', and when I told this joke after moving to the US, verbatim, I got some stares. :p

Kristy_K
02-24-2012, 11:52 PM
Congratualtions Michelle,

My doctor won't even OK HRT if I still smoke.

Kristy