PDA

View Full Version : Halloween adventures

Marlena Dahlstrom
10-31-2005, 09:48 PM
Since the knee injury I haven't been out en femme -- being on crutches automatically draws attention, plus I had some safety worries about the lack of mobility. (Never had a problem, but...) But I decided to take a bit of my own advice to the other Darla and take advantage of Halloween to go out.

I was planning to go to the TGSF Halloween party anyway and had found the most adorable Little Red Riding Hood costume online, but in my Vicodin-induced haze, I forgot to order it in time. So Friday, I decided to see if I could find it at one of the costume superstores that opens up this time of year. (Day-time shopping is one advantage to being off work.) Didn't find it, but did find a cute PVC French maid's outfit. OK, I'm a naughty girl....I got it.

http://img308.imageshack.us/img308/5194/frenchmaid7sh.jpg

Unfortunately, reality set in later when I got home. Had real trouble zipping it up completely (still working on some ways to do it), but more problematically, it wasn't a good idea to spend an evening on spike heels while I'm still supposed be wearing a knee brace and using crutches. (The crutches were just off-camera in the photo.) *Sigh* Maybe next year.

Anyway, but to the story. After stopping at the costume shop I continued up to the MAC store on Union Street in San Francisco, dressed en homme. It's not in a mall, so there's not lots of passers-by peeping through the windows, and hey it's Halloween -- plausible deniability.

Went in, told the first make-up artist that I was a crossdresser and was looking to come up with an evening/clubbing look. Unfortunately, she was going on her lunch break so she referred me to another make-up artist, Mauro. Now I know MAC's t-friendly but there was a little twinge in my gut when I found out I'd be having a male make-up artist work on me. Guess it was that deeply ingrained male jockeying for position in the pack instinct. But nothing to worry about. Mauro was a real sweetie -- he was quite effeminate himself and had on both make-up and false eyelashes. And it turns out he's got a fascination with CDs -- not as an admirer because I'm almost certain he was gay -- but he just finds us intriguing. He said he's done makeovers with at least a half-dozen (all from the East Bay for some reason).

He did a fabulous job of working with me. Brought some eye shadow back, but I told him it seemed too close to what I already had. (I was smart enough to bring my current shadows with me so it could see the colors.) Plus, I wanted something a little more glam for clubbing. So he went back and upped the glam quotient with the second round of colors, including some "pigment," (http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/products/sp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY15103&PRODUCT_ID=PROD1519) which I'd never used before. (It's a highly concentrated loose powder.) I chose one of the color and he got some related eye shadows. Since I was en homme, he proposed just doing one eye, which I said was fine.

Unfortunately, a lot of customers came in and since there was only Mauro and one other artist there, he kept getting pulled away, so it took a while. The female customers all saw me sitting in the chair -- obviously getting something -- done, but no one said anything, laughed, pointed, etc. Mauro was apologetic about it, and I think he was a little guilty, since at the end he ended up giving me the sample lip pencil since they were out of stock. Mauro took his time and was really good about explaining each step, so that I could recreate the look. (That was the one downside of chatting with the make-up artist last time, I didn't get as much instructional info from her.) Since I also wanted some lip gloss, Mauro found a delicious plummy shade that went with the eyes.

Once we were done, I realized I'd forgotten my camera, which I'd planned to use to get some photos to help recreate the look later. So Mauro asked if I wanted to leave the eye make-up and I decided why not? Walking back to the car, only a few people seemed to notice, which is a bit surprising because it was a bit on the dramatic side. You can see the results in the thread about my new Hot or Not photo. (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16964)

Got home, took some pictures and then decided the make-up looked so lovely that it was a shame to take it off when I went out to get dinner. So said, what the heck and decided to go shopping and eat something at the mall. Went to the Hillsdale mall on the Pennisula (which is in the subsurbs south of San Franscisco). I was a little nervous, since while trannies are common in SF, they aren't out in the 'burbs. Plus I knew I was going to be over-dressed, since I was wearing this (sans devil horns):

http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/5802/img16838mm.jpg

But it was Friday night on Halloween weekend, so what the heck, people could always tell themselves that I was going to a party.

As it turns out I needn't have worried. Stopped first at a watch repair place because the battery had died on my watch. Then went to Boundin for a soup and salad. Was treated graciously at both places. The staff didn't bat an eye. Wasn't ready to go home, so I decided to hit Macy's and Lane Bryant. Unfortunately, there's on the other side of the mall so it was a bit slow going on crutches. Along the way I definitely did get read a lot more than usual, and yes I did hear some giggles. Fine. They didn't pass (the tolerance test). :spank:

Macy's didn't have anything that was too exciting. Got to Lane Bryant and the salesgirl wanted to know how I looked so put together. :c9: :luvu: Yeah, she could've been buttering me up for a sale, but she seemed genuine. I looked around and tried on a few things, but didn't find any tops that I loved. But I did find a nice ring in my size as well as two necklaces. When I paid, the salesgirl needed to check my ID for some reason. (I used my credit card and the signature has gotten blurred, so she was probably just following procedure, since I often get asked for ID when using that card.) She looked my ID and didn't miss a beat, just said cheerfully, "yup that's you."

Passed a drugstore on the way home and realized I'd forgotten to ask Mauro about a nail polish that would match the new look, and that I didn't have any polish that would coordinate. So a chance to do a little more shopping and also stock up on other girly stuff, like fake nails. The checkout clerk seemed a little nonplussed, but just went ahead and rang up the purchase.

Pulling out of the parking lot I saw the cops had a DUI checkpoint for traffic coming the opposite direction. It's a measure of how far I've come that I didn't panic, I just thought it was too bad I wouldn't have the opportunity to give some cute policeman something to talk to his buddies about.

Anyway that was it for Friday night. Saturday night I went to the TGSF Halloween party, with admittedly a lame costume (see above). There were probably 100 girls there all told. Since I couldn't dance, I spent most of the evening in the other room talking with people. Met a couple nice girls, who I might do some outings with in the future.

So all-in-all a fun weekend. Just need to write notes to both MAC and Lane Bryant commending their staff for the good service.

Anyone else got some good stories?

uknowhoo
10-31-2005, 10:27 PM
Sorry to say I don't have any such Halloween CD stories to share, but I did enjoy hearing yours. Glad you were able to get out and enjoy both nights, even on crutches. What a trooperette! Hugs, Tammi

Billijo49504
10-31-2005, 11:13 PM
Gee Darla, it looks like you made the best of the situation. You had a good time, what else do you want for a weekend,, other than 2 legs that work, w/o the hobble sticks. I still have my walker, crutches and cane. And don't use any now. Like they say about lemons and lemonade, you did! Oh, and the costume doesn't look so bad....BJ

Adrianne
11-01-2005, 01:19 AM
Darla i love it, very sexy pvc maid outfit.

Karren H
11-01-2005, 01:22 AM
Wow, Darla!! Your so lucky! I had my hooters girl costume all ready for halloween but i'm still trying to be a good girl at home!! Hehehehe May have to tkae it on the next business trip!!! Hope your knee is healing!!

Love karren

Marla GG
11-01-2005, 01:20 PM
Darla,

Every time I read one of your posts about fearlessly flitting around town as an emanicipated CD, I want to take notes! Thank you for reminding us that transgendered people have every right to go where they want and dress as they wish, and be treated with dignity.

I'm glad your experience with the male MAC artist was a good one. I love going to the MAC counter just to look at the cute feminine guys in make-up.

I would have loved to see that Little Red Riding Hood costume on you. If we hook up with you next year, maybe you can wear it and I can be the Big Bad Wolf....

....and Angel can be the tranny granny! :tongueout :hiding:

Charlene Marie
11-01-2005, 03:04 PM
Hi girls, per usual, I had a fabulous Haloween. I got my makeup done at a Spa near my house and it was great. the girl who did me was sooosweet, 28, cute as a button and gay.I've meet a few gay girls and they seem to have much empthy for CDers. she is a licensed skin skin person and a makeup artist.
She attened the Westmore school in Burbank CA, that's where all the makeup artists in Hollywood go to school. Anyway, I looked great and I hope to have a pic up soon to show you.It only cost me $45.00 which I thought was good.
Next I went to one of the beauty salons I use and got my long red wig comned out. She gave me a UP-DO with a french twist and lot's of curls on top.This all occured in the daytime. Next I went to a Haloween little party at
( MY DOG GOLDIES VET.), that's right. I asked the girls there if they were dressing up for Haloween and they said they were and were haveing a little
short party at lunch time. I sked if I could join them for a few minutes and they said sure. They asked me what I was going to be and I told them it was a surprise. I approched the desk about 12:30 and a girl who knows me looked right at me and asked if she could help me. Did actually didn't reognize me at all. Well when she figured it our she just stood in amazement and said how good and real I looked. I went into the party and had a ball. Two of the girls actually said I should have been a girl. I didn't give them my whole story, but I sure had fun.I have a computer person coming over today, and for a fee he is going help me post some pictures, I really can't figure it out yet for myself.
Hope I can upload some pictures today.
Love Ya All

Charlene Marie
11-01-2005, 06:24 PM
God, I'm so P... off. I spent $55.oo for a computer genius to help me with my pictures and editing program and I've nothing to show for it but more confusion. I feel so STUPID! I'm O.K. to a point and then I get totally lost.
It's hard to find someone who will help me for free, especially since I want to post my dress-up pics. I guess I'll keep trying and reading the damm tutorials untill I get it or go crazy. Any suggestions?
Thanks Girls,
Chalene Marie

P.S. I finally got my name changed from Big Hair to my real femm name Charlene Marie, thanks to the great staff.

MarinaTwelve200
11-01-2005, 07:13 PM
Well, with my Halloween party Saturday nite, And monday trick or treat, I had TWO halloweens.---I didnt CD on either one, however, but I did Have fun.

I was MARK TWAIN at my adult Sunday School Halloween party, And won Second place for my costume, and MR HYDE giving out candy to trick or treaters--Scaring the hell out of a couple of the older ones with out even trying.

Marlena Dahlstrom
11-02-2005, 01:26 AM
Congratulations Marina.

Chalene, sorry to hear about your computer frustrations. But it sounds like you had a great time at the vet's.

Incidentally, the fact that you weren't recognized en femme should give confidence to other girls (including me) who are worried about being recognized when out.

Katie Ashe
11-02-2005, 09:25 AM
Here is what I wore for the day, spent 15 hours in this outfit, went to work, the mall for a few hours and then out trick or treating with the kids. The photo doesn't do me much justice, but I'm sharing anyways. My shoes were strappy sandals, 3.5 inch heels. What a wonderful day it was. Congrads to all who, ventured out that night.

Lauren Richards
11-02-2005, 09:45 AM
Darla,
What a great way to spend a day! I am a bit jealous of your make-over session, and really enjoyed your description of being out and about without a care. Halloween is such a great time for us. I think we should celebrate it all year long!

Have you tried on of those zipper assist things to help you get into your French Maid (you naughty girl!) costume? Even gg's have trouble with zippers sometimes.

Take care of that leg. You never know when you may want to use it again. And, they are such nice things to slide into a pair of panty hose!

Lauren

tifftg
11-02-2005, 10:35 AM
Darla,

What a great adventure you had. You keep pushing your envelope and clearly enjoying it so much. By the way I am also a MAC-aholic and some of my most yummy times in the stores are with the sales guys. They are usually very cute and the ones I have met in Vegas and Atlanta are often very involved in doing make-up for the serious drag queens, so lots of experience.

Tiff

Karren H
11-10-2005, 08:28 PM
Bought this after halloween!! 50% off!! and really love it!!

Love Karren

Phoebe Reece
11-10-2005, 09:05 PM
Great costume Karren! Are you going to show us what you look like in a Hooters girl outfit sometime?

Darla (and everyone else, too), I enjoyed reading all your Halloween experiences. I imagine there are already thoughts of what to do next year....