PDA

View Full Version : Do you think a life event can push you closer to Crossdressing?

ChubbyLeahCD
02-24-2012, 04:07 PM
Growing up my da and I were not very close.
My mom and I were an she is the girliest of them all!
I think that factor alone would have led me to crossdressing because I remember that i always was more comfortable around women (still am) and was always very sensitive.
But, in Kindegarten I was sexually abused by two older boys that were part of the after school program.
Around 6th grade as we moved to a smaller town my parents would leave the house and I would be alone for a few hours and mommy's closet was my playground sometimes.
Then summer of sophomore year in college I was drugged at a bar and gang raped by two men and a woman. I was not dressed like a girl when it happened. At the time I woke up the next morning in the back of my mom's van that I drove on the side of the road naked, covered in dry semen and a lot of condom wrappers.
At the time I didn't know who or how many but then a year and a half later, also on a school break, I was walking back from a party very late at night and on the way over I had to pee so I went by a tree and then I heard a man's voice and the flashbacks from my previous rape came back. They lived about 3/4 mile from my parents house in a rundown house. I was drunk so I was an easy target so they took me inside and started saying how much fun I was the last time and that I was so good that I should dress up in some of the lady's clothes. They had a gun, the woman had a black eye and told me to just go with it and they would leave me alone.

After I wrestled with the anger at myself crossdressing came fiercely and that's when I actually started my own collection.

Does anyone also feel like they would have become CDs eventually but that something in life just sped up the process?

And don't worry about me, I'm fine! I don't blame myself anymore nor do I have flashbacks. CDing became my coping and I am fine with it!

elizabethamy
02-24-2012, 06:37 PM
LeahMaria, I dont know what "causes" CD, but I can say that I am proof that its manifestation (after, apparently, years of repression), can be stress-induced. As I've said elsewhere on the forum, losing my job unexpectedly opened Pandora's box, in which I found a pair of panties and for which I seem to have forever lost the lid (of the box). Was I always a CD but might never have actively done it without the stress of the job loss? I'll never know. Or did the job loss "make" me a CD? Also will never know. But stress blew the whole gender thing wide open for me. Definitely. I wish you well.

elizabethamy

Lorileah
02-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Nature vs nurture. I think most here will agree it is more nature than nurture.

Marleena
02-24-2012, 06:44 PM
Leah I'm just surprised at the amount of sexual abuse you endured. The adults in question needed to be reported as they sound like predators. AFAIK there is no indication the sexual abuse leads to crossdressing. It was most likely there already.

elizabethamy
02-24-2012, 06:48 PM
I second what Marleena said. And in your case, so much more dramatic and awful than the one I cited, you could be talking about a post trauma syndrome that's manifested somehow in CD behavior, but a person with actual medical degrees would be needed to unravel that one. The folks who did all that to you deserve justice, somehow and somewhere.

ChubbyLeahCD
02-24-2012, 09:56 PM
Leah I'm just surprised at the amount of sexual abuse you endured. The adults in question needed to be reported as they sound like predators. AFAIK there is no indication the sexual abuse leads to crossdressing. It was most likely there already.

I agree! I think it was there from a very very young age! But my last two rapes drove closer to it quicker.
At the end of the day i need to leave this curiosity aside and just let Leah come out when I see fit.

Shari
02-25-2012, 06:22 AM
Wow, LeahMarie, that's a tough early life to have to endure. It's good that you're okay with it and have dealt with it on your own level.
As far as the crossdressing, I don't believe any sort of trauma or life altering event can create the desire to dress. That's pretty much something we were born with.
You might realize that an increase in your hobby is sort of like a security blanket, to help you better deal with a particular situation. You somehow feel safer and more peaceful with the fineries on you.
But your thoughts and desires were always present.
I know dressing gives many here a level of comfort. It could certainly be that way with you.

Cheryl T
02-25-2012, 04:04 PM
I don't think that a life event will push you to this. I'm a firm believer that this is a genetic trait, or at least something chemically induced in the womb.

Contessa
02-25-2012, 04:45 PM
I don't know what I thought when I was younger doing what I did. I was just a kid I suspect I would say to myself, No body but me does this. And I am a girl anyway. So what is the different. What trauma was there to make me start. I would do a lot of stuff in the basement by myself I thought. I thought I could always find out if someone was coming. I don't think I did anything I didn't want to do. There was an incident that may have made me want to now start dressing fully and coming out of the closet. I was called the "f" word a few times and I know I am not that way. So I had to accept that I am something and a crossdresser is what you would call that.

Tess

NathalieX66
02-25-2012, 05:30 PM
Wow, Leah, my heart goes out to you.
I don't think a life event, particulary a traumatic one leads to cd'ing per se, but cd'ing is a way of self medicating yourself as you mentioned in your own words.

Jason+
02-25-2012, 05:35 PM
At the time I didn't know who or how many but then a year and a half later, also on a school break, I was walking back from a party very late at night and on the way over I had to pee so I went by a tree and then I heard a man's voice and the flashbacks from my previous rape came back. They lived about 3/4 mile from my parents house in a rundown house. I was drunk so I was an easy target so they took me inside and started saying how much fun I was the last time and that I was so good that I should dress up in some of the lady's clothes. They had a gun, the woman had a black eye and told me to just go with it and they would leave me alone.

I am happy to hear you have dealt with the abuse as well as you can. It seems to me that a traumatic event such as forcible rape at gunpoint associated with cross dressing would tend to drive you away from it rather than towards it. If cross dressing is your happy place I think it would have shown itself at one point or another even if you had the "ideal" child hood and early adult life.