PDA

View Full Version : My stepson went out the first time dressed

candice*
02-25-2012, 10:21 AM
My stepson went out dressed as his female side Katie for the first time last night and went very well.He is 14 years old and was nervous at first.Went with my stepdaughters Nikki and Cassie and he had fun.Nikki,Cassie and I were proud of him.My step daughters Nikki 21 years old,Cassie 17 years old consider Katie as a sister and have been very supportive ever since.Cassie even gave him some clothes she never wears anymore,a couple pairs of Jeans and some shirts Tuesday night.I consider my step son's female side a step daughter too.

TxKimberly
02-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Awe . . . what a very fortunate person to have people that you! :)

DonniDarkness
02-25-2012, 10:29 AM
Thats really great candice. i love to read supportive stories from trans parents. And heres a big e-hug for being so supportive

-Donni-

candice*
02-25-2012, 10:46 AM
My step daughter Nikki will be going through her closet to see what she does not wear anymore and give them to him too.

BRANDYJ
02-25-2012, 11:16 AM
Hi Candice, welcome to our place on the net. Your step son and step brother sure are lucky to have you in their lives. Not often do we find a parent or sister that is so supportive. The best thing is he does not have to hide this from his family. What an advantage to a young life.

Marleena
02-25-2012, 11:24 AM
Hi Candice, welcome to our place on the net. Your step son and step brother sure are lucky to have you in their lives. Not often do we find a parent or sister that is so supportive. The best thing is he does not have to hide this from his family. What an advantage to a young life.

I agree with Brandy. Everybody deserves to be happy. He is a very lucky boy to have this love and support!:)

Jill Devine
02-25-2012, 11:24 AM
Candice: caring, open minded and understanding people like you make this world a better place! Good for you.

Beverley Sims
02-25-2012, 11:30 AM
I just think it is wonderful that he will probably grow up to be a marvelous man and not waste time hiding.... in the closet.
Go out with the girls and shopGo out with girls on a date.... probably as a man.
I hope the rest of his life is easier than it has been for a lot of us. Denial, hiding, furtive glances and guilt.
Yay!!!! Go for it boy. Be a girl when you want to be.

candice*
02-25-2012, 11:47 AM
I am very open minded and respect someone's lifestyle.My stepson's birthday is coming up,Nikki and Cassie are talking getting him a pair of hoop earrings for his birthday present.

Kaylyn81
02-25-2012, 12:05 PM
Its stories like this one that give me hope for the future. If only more parents were understanding like this

Marcia Blue
02-25-2012, 12:06 PM
Candice,
You and your Step-daughters are to be applauded. The world would be so much better off if everyone had your level of acceptance. I am sure your new found, Step-daughter, Katie is glad to have your support.
You could take Katie shopping for her birthday, if she is ready for the adventure.

Becci
02-25-2012, 12:14 PM
thinks that he is very fortunate to have the amazing girls in his life that let him be who he is and encourage and help him so much xx much hugs and love to them all xx

Mindy More
02-25-2012, 12:20 PM
Awesome. Katie is very lucky to have such great support from you and his sisters.
Open people like yourself give me hope for this world

Rachel Morley
02-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Fantastic! To have a supportive step-mom and sisters and at Katie's age is THE most awesome thing and IMHO is every crossdressers dream come true. There are so many folks on this site (me included) that so, so wished that they'd had the support network that Katie has at the age she is. These are happy times in her life that she will never forget. Mother Teresa has got nothing on you and your step daughters :)

Ally 2112
02-25-2012, 01:23 PM
Makes me smile ! he is very lucky to have that kind of accepptance

Lorileah
02-25-2012, 01:27 PM
awesome! So glad that Katie has so much support and caring people

5150 Girl
02-25-2012, 01:35 PM
Waht can I say but,,, OUTSTANDING!!!

LIKETODRESS2
02-25-2012, 01:41 PM
Wish my step sister wer that nice

candice*
02-25-2012, 01:48 PM
I ordered a couple pairs of heels for Katie for a birthday gift.

Tanya C
02-25-2012, 02:00 PM
I hope you realize what a positive difference you've undoubtably made in your stepson's life. For most of us, our female selves grow up in isolation without any lifelines or support. Your act of acceptance and inclusion should have a positive effect in his life that will resonate for years.
You may have saved a soul and I think you should feel really good about that.

vikki2020
02-25-2012, 02:11 PM
It is so great that you all are so supportive! At 14, you know that your stepson has a lot going on in [her] life, and discovering who she is. Whatever path she takes, a happy home situation can only help that decision. How does Dad feel about it?

Barbara Ella
02-25-2012, 02:50 PM
This is such a wonderful story. relieving the uncertainty stress in a 14 year old's mind will go a tremendously long way toward a stable mental state in the future, I truly believe. Your family is so supportive and positive minded. Wish you could bottle and sell it

Babes

candice*
02-25-2012, 03:34 PM
His father is supportive,knows he is expressing his feminine side.

Angelofsomekind
02-25-2012, 03:38 PM
Let me know if you need another Older daughter!

LeannL
02-25-2012, 03:41 PM
Candice,
From the bottom of my heart, thank you for being so understanding. Our community, as much as your son/daughter, needs more people like you. I know that your son/daughter will appreciate all that you are doing.
Leann

Pinky188
02-25-2012, 07:54 PM
SOO COOL!!! Good for him,(her)!!! This makes me happy!!! What a brave young person! I love that he wants to be himself no matter what people say! VERY Cool!!!

IngeInCO
02-25-2012, 07:58 PM
Wow, That is so cool!
I'm actually sort of in shock reading this. Wow

Jilmac
02-25-2012, 08:40 PM
Hooray for you and your stepdaughters for being so supportive of your stepson. I believe it's incedents like yours that make family bonds. I hope you stay on this forum and keep posting positive reports about Katie.

skylance
02-26-2012, 12:45 AM
A wonderful story, your stepson/daughter is very lucky to have parents who are as supportive and open-minded as you are. I hope he/she never forgets how lucky he/she is and i can only wish that my parents had been anywhere near as supportive. Bless you all.

rhonda
02-26-2012, 01:08 AM
Candice your daughters help Katie become a girl for ever more

Beverley Sims
02-26-2012, 12:01 PM
This is a top story...
I have followed this with great interest and wonder how many trick cyclists (psychologists/psychiatrists) there are out there could learn and use this intelligently in their case books.
Are we the first ones to see a new revolution.

paige_stone
02-26-2012, 08:54 PM
This is such a heartwarming wonderful story its truely such an awesome thing when an entire family can be so excepting.

Cheer to you Candice

~Joanne~
02-26-2012, 08:58 PM
Candice: caring, open minded and understanding people like you make this world a better place! Good for you.

My thoughts exactly so I'll second this post ;)

Jenn M
02-27-2012, 08:42 AM
It's great that you and your family are so suportive!

Lea
02-27-2012, 11:51 AM
Candice thank you for your and your step daughter’s support. You have shown such love and respect. How wonderful it would have been growing up not having to hide who you are.

It is actions like yours that makes me believe we may have a better future ahead of us.

Please keep us advised with updates on how things go.

danielletorresani
02-27-2012, 12:49 PM
Hey Candice. I'm just curious. Did your stepson reveal to you guys on his own that he wanted to crossdress? Or did he already know his father was a crossdresser beforehand? (of course I'm assuming his father is a crossdresser..)

Kate Simmons
02-27-2012, 02:23 PM
Hi Candice, A nice refreshing change from a woman who is afraid to lose a son to a woman who is proud of her son as a daughter. Good for you.:)

jessidresser
02-27-2012, 03:51 PM
Sure would like to see pictures of Katie!