PDA

View Full Version : I've always wondered

Wendae
02-25-2012, 11:35 AM
I've always wondered what the big deal was when women stand in front of a mirror try to match up outfits, jewelery and accesseries. In guy mode when getting dressed the only time I've stood in front of a mirror to match anything is to see if my necktie was straight. Yesterday I had an appointment with my psychologist and wanted to look nice. I went thru numerous wardrobe changes before I was satisfied with my appearance. More scary is the fact that I find myself wanting to go clothing shopping!

Miriam-J
02-25-2012, 11:41 AM
Perhaps they like to stand in front of the mirror because they know they look so nice! ;-)

As I've learned to do makeup and dress better (thanks to my lovely wife of recent years), I've come to appreciate that it's just much more complex getting clothes, hair, and face together for the gals. It's a stark contrast to my usual morning routine that gets me out of the house in about 10 minutes. I've gained a little appreciation for all those long delays through the years waiting for the wife to get out the door with me.

I definitely understand the new impulse to go clothes shopping. Guys clothes don't inspire that in most of us, but the gals clothes provide so much opportunity to mix and match in creative ways - and to spend gobs of money.

Miriam

Kate Simmons
02-25-2012, 02:19 PM
Almost as bad as some gals absolutely having to match their bra and panties. Who in the world is going to see them unless they strip? I hardly, if ever, match anything.:)

Barbara Ella
02-25-2012, 02:26 PM
As i am finding out for myself (truly cannot speak for the true female mind) there is a mental aspect to dressing beyond the physical. Mentally you know if bra and panties match, and if they go with the handbag. No one will see them, but mentally there is a connection between everything. I am certainly not at the matching stage yet, but i know it is there, lurking around the corner, just waiting for me to spend even more money.

Babes

suzy1
02-25-2012, 02:31 PM
Just stop being scared about it and start enjoying your female side girl.
The rest of us act this way so why shouldn’t you Wendae. :)

Have fun, SUZY

Silentpartner GG SO
02-25-2012, 02:38 PM
We GG's do this matching thing for several reasons -it just makes you feel good if you know the undies match, nobody is going to see them but you know you are smart and it makes you feel better. Handbag & shoes is an absolute must to match for many of us - I just cant go out with black shoes and a brown bag - not only will it not feel right but other GG's will notice it too . Colours need to match and/or compliment each other. You may be surprised how "bitchy" GG's can be about each other's clothes.

Kate Simmons
02-25-2012, 02:51 PM
Understood SP but part of my mission in this world is to challenge and debunk stereotypes such as "matching this and that". Peas in a pod are neat but kinda boring.:)

AllieSF
02-25-2012, 03:15 PM
When picking out an outfit for a night out on the town, I always look in the mirror to first see how clothes go together, and then another time to see how the accessories, positively accessorize the look I want. I am never looking at my face and never am wearing a wig, unless I am checking out how a particular necklace and earing's look with the wig in place. For me, those many looks are needed to get it all right. My only look in the mirror when I truly see my new self, is when I finish, apply the lipstick and give myself one very big smile of satisfaction. I love that last look. (After rereading this there are just way too many "look's" in the printed form)

Wendae
02-25-2012, 04:07 PM
I always try to match my lingere when I can. Yes, it makes me feel good. Same with handbag and shoes as well as lipstick and nailpolish. May be it's because I'm a type A personality. Attention to detail!

Sandra1746
02-25-2012, 06:08 PM
When I was an employed engineer about the only thing I worried about was if anything 'private' was showing. Now even either in andro-mode or en-drab I check more closely. Who is ever going to see the lace-trimmed camisole? Still I know it's there and I try harder to keep the hair and clothes 'presentable'. Must be the dreaded "pink fog".

Sandra1746

Sandra
02-25-2012, 06:21 PM
I'm not bothered if things don't match, So long as I look ok it doesn't bother me whether colours match or go with each other, so long as they aren't to way out.