PDA

View Full Version : "Outing" yourself in a personal ad

maya1love
02-26-2012, 02:12 PM
Hi everyone:

For those of you who are looking for a long term relationship and have used various dating sites, I was curious to hear your experiences with whether you have stated in your personal ad that you dress or not...

I personally have never stated it in my dating personal ad. I have always thought it was best to get to know someone and then tell them. I'm thinking about trying something different...would love to hear your thoughts!

Miriam-J
02-26-2012, 02:33 PM
Unless you're planning to date while dressed en femme, I don't see any reason to mention it in the ad.

For what it's worth, I'd recommend using a dating site (my primary was Yahoo Personals) rather than an ad. Gives you and your potential dates a means to filter based on stated characteristics, safe private email (much like on this site), and perhaps even chat. Much better than screening calls from random individuals.

Miriam

Miriam-J
02-26-2012, 02:34 PM
I should have added: Once you find someone that you can trust and with whom you're really considering a serious relationship, be sure to tell them before it goes too far.

mbmeen12
02-26-2012, 03:29 PM
I have done just that, I registered on a CD meeting site but in my profile, I asked to just text and internet friends. Not there yet with friends with benifits.... I am not sure just quite ready yet. Lots of sicko's out there too!
//SIGNED//
Kara

Kirsty_D
02-26-2012, 03:37 PM
It would depend upon how important dressing was you you? Once in a while, I would not mention it. A regular occurrence I'd likely mention it very early on when dating. Wanting to dress very frequently and go out dressed then it would be essential to find a partner who was in to this… However, each to there own. (I told my first wife early on in our relationship, we split up 10 years later for different reason's)

Jill Devine
02-26-2012, 05:23 PM
Never used a dating site before but I would suggest not stating the CD'ing up front. You could state a few hints to attract the right person, like stating you are, for example, liberal and open minded.

Call me pessimistic but finding a tranny chaser doesn't mean you will automatically be compatible love partners. It takes a lot to make a relationship. I'd focus on finding a SO who you connect with on a deep level and then raise the CD before it gets too serious.