PDA

View Full Version : First time in years

Dawn cd
02-26-2012, 10:02 PM
I haven't presented myself as a woman in public in years. I no longer wear skirts and have never owned a wig. Most my wardrobe, however, are women's things, and this morning, on sudden impulse, I decided to shop en femme. It was windy in New York, so I pulled a knit cap over my longish hair, which stuck out on all sides. Some makeup, lipstick, earrings, and shades to cover my eyes completed the look. Below the waist I had patterned side-zip slacks and black Mary Janes. In this getup I shopped at several neighborhood stores without (I think) triggering alarms by proprietors who have served me in guy mode. The only dicey moments came in the elevators of my building, but I was alone in the elevators both coming and going. The whole experience was nice—not thrilling as it was in years past—but sweet! For a short time, I was just another woman on the street.

Anne2345
02-26-2012, 10:27 PM
Good for you, Dawn! That is a very nice, lovely story. Thank you for sharing! I have no doubt you enjoyed your time out, spending it as "just another woman on the street." :)

taís
02-26-2012, 11:21 PM
oh that sounds wonderful. passed by many Portuguese speakers? it's been in the news around here that never so many brazilians have visited the US, and New York is on the top of most visited cities. I'm one that sure wants to know NY and your story made me want to stroll the city feeling comfortable and enjoying myself just like you did ^ ^ (if I ever get to do anything but stalk Woody Allen :x)
thanks for sharing. (Dawn is such a beautiful name <3)
;***

Kate Simmons
02-26-2012, 11:26 PM
Many of us on the Forum are in the final evolutionary stages of CDing as both an art and spending a pleasurable time.:)

Barbara Ella
02-27-2012, 01:18 AM
Great story Dawn, it so beautifully points out what Abagail stated, that cross dressing is not static unless we choose it to be It is really a progression that is open to us all. We are all free to stop this journey at any time when we think our art has peaked, and there is pleasurable time. The pleasurable time surely sounds wonderful.

Babes