PDA

View Full Version : Fun at the Wig Store

Alice B
02-28-2012, 03:37 PM
In earlier posts I had stated that I was going to buy some new items for DIVA Las Vegas. New forms (ordered), a wedding rig set (ordered) and a new wig. I went into a highly rated wig store today to make a selection. I was greated by a very beautiful, but very young SA. I told her that I was looking for a wig for myself, under $200. That I was a cross dresser and wanted one that would compliment my face structure and skin color. She was totally flustered and very new to her job. After trying on at least 12 wigs she brought out it was obvious that she really did not know what she was doing and was not grasping what I was saying. Then she brought out a wig that was perfect, except the price. $450. I finally asked if she could get some help from a more seasoned SA. She almost broke into tears, but I assured her that all was OK, but maybe a little help would be in order. She complied and within 10 minuets I had what I needed for $165. I gave her a hug when I left. I was in drab.

DinaMature
03-04-2012, 03:54 PM
I had an experience with some similarities. I was in a wig shop with an SA that only didn't 'get' that a man could want to buy a woman's wig but she was also Asian with very little grasp of English. Unfortunately, there was no one for her to fall back on and I ended up buying a wig a I was quickly unhappy with when I'm sure with suitable assistance I could have had a much better experience overall.
At least your story ends with some positive resolution; mine just ends... badly.
I did eventually go to a more exclusive shop, recommended by a gal here on cd.com, and that was grand. I did get two wigs I'm still enjoying two years later.
But that first shop, so temptingly near my home, has certainly LOST a customer for life.