PDA

View Full Version : E-mailing en femme

Foxglove
02-29-2012, 11:22 AM
Hello, Everyone!

Recently I got the notion (I don't know why) that it might be fun to e-mail people as "Annabelle Larousse". I'd never done that before (I don't know why). So I set up a new e-mail account and have sent out a few e-mails. I haven't gone overboard, just when the opportunity arises.

And I have found that it is kind of fun. Whenever I get an e-mail that starts out, "Dear Annabelle", or (like the one today) "Dear Ms. Larousse", it's kind of nice, gives me a bit of a glow.

I don't know if I'm risking outing myself. I'm the paranoid type: you know, there are guys out there who have nothing to do in life but try to cause electronic trouble for people. . . and gosh! could they all be looking for me? Well, if it happens, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it (and hope it doesn't get blown up beneath me like Oddball's bridge in Kelly's Heroes).

I've been telling myself it's certainly easier to "pass" over the net than in public in flesh and blood. But of course, it's not nearly as much fun, either, and I don't know if I'm really fooling anybody anyway.

I've got the impression that lots of people on this forum have separate e-mail accounts for their true persona. Does anybody else enjoy this?

Best wishes, Annabelle

kimdl93
02-29-2012, 11:26 AM
I do have an email just for private exchanges with people who know about me. Its still a fairly exclusive group.

AndreaCD1963
02-29-2012, 11:29 AM
I also have separate email addresses for "him" and me. Most of my contacts know one or the other, but not both - with only a couple of exceptions. All in an effort to avoid any "cross talk" between me and "him".

Karren H
02-29-2012, 11:34 AM
And who said that this is me true persona? Lol. Being dressed and emailing doesn't do anything for me. Matter of fact when I'm wearing nails I become an electronic deaf mute. Can't operate my Blackberry at all! There was a time when I did a lot of video IMing with friends but so many perverts wanted to see my panties I quit doing that. Hahahaha.

elizabethamy
02-29-2012, 11:38 AM
I have made it even more complicated. The people who know me in my professional and personal male life -- which is virtually everyone -- that's one email address. THen there are a select few (TG's or therapists I've consulted) who know both my TG issues and my real name -- there's another email account under my male name for them. And there's the girl email account, to and from which I only email as elizabethamy. Keeping it all separate is easy for me so far, and as long as it stays that way, I'm happy with it.

But in terms of social networks such as facebook, I quickly learned that fb uses your IP address to start introducing your girly self to your real world male person's friends and I pulled the plug on that before anyone I know in the real world tried to befriend elizabethamy, who will have to remain "antisocial network."

Foxglove
02-29-2012, 11:58 AM
But in terms of social networks such as facebook, I quickly learned that fb uses your IP address to start introducing your girly self to your real world male person's friends . . .

I didn't know this. You see, my paranoia was justified. (Hooray!)

I suppose I should clarify one thing, since I now realize it wasn't clear. When I said "e-mailing en femme", I didn't mean "while dressed"--although I suppose you could be if you wanted to. I simply meant sending e-mails under your fem name.

roger
03-02-2012, 01:11 AM
The beauty of email is that you can be anyone

Rianna Humble
03-02-2012, 01:40 AM
in terms of social networks such as facebook, I quickly learned that fb uses your IP address to start introducing your girly self to your real world male person's friends and I pulled the plug on that before anyone I know in the real world tried to befriend elizabethamy, who will have to remain "antisocial network."

I see this come up every now and then, but find it very unlikely. Firstly, with very few exceptions, your IP address will not be static so could relate to many people in a wide area around where you live. Secondly, I have been on facebook for a long time - firstly as the old me (who was a bit of a friendship junkie) then later as both me's and now just as the real me. In all that time, I have never had a facebook friend suggestion that was not based on something or someone in my profile. Usually a friend of a friend, or someone who went to the same school or workplace as I have on my profile.

The only time that I received a friendship request from someone who knew the old me and hadn't been introduced to the new me, it was explained because the person involved had been with her sister when I told the sister about me and figured if she was friends with the old me, why shouldn't she ask to be friends with the new me.

elizabethamy
03-02-2012, 02:55 AM
Rianna, all good points. Perhaps the IP address has nothing to do with it. But elizabethamy had her facebook account less than two weeks before fb started repeatedly asking my male side to befriend her. She was living without any of the same likes or dislikes, without any of the same friends, without the same employer, nothing whatsoever in common. So how could this be? Facebook has not asked me to befriend the people who live next door nor many others I've known in real life for years. But why elizabethamy? I just assumed that it must be because she uses the same computer my male self does. What else could be the reason? I was extremely careful not to list any overlapping groups, interests, common friends, family, etc on her fb page. Yet fb asked me to befriend her numerous times, so it was clear that fb knew that we are connected. So I took elizabethamy's account down.

Assuming that I reach the point of feeling comfortable and "out" enough to do it, I look forward to putting elizabethamy back on facebook, but not now. No way.

It's also a fact that the only website of the many I visit that gets around the "private browsing" setting and enters my web history is facebook. Which really makes me wonder about their intrusiveness, a lot, almost enough to take my male self off there, too.

inori
03-02-2012, 03:05 AM
Hello, Everyone!

Recently I got the notion (I don't know why) that it might be fun to e-mail people as "Annabelle Larousse". I'd never done that before (I don't know why). So I set up a new e-mail account and have sent out a few e-mails. I haven't gone overboard, just when the opportunity arises.

And I have found that it is kind of fun. Whenever I get an e-mail that starts out, "Dear Annabelle", or (like the one today) "Dear Ms. Larousse", it's kind of nice, gives me a bit of a glow.

I don't know if I'm risking outing myself. I'm the paranoid type: you know, there are guys out there who have nothing to do in life but try to cause electronic trouble for people. . . and gosh! could they all be looking for me? Well, if it happens, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it (and hope it doesn't get blown up beneath me like Oddball's bridge in Kelly's Heroes).

I've been telling myself it's certainly easier to "pass" over the net than in public in flesh and blood. But of course, it's not nearly as much fun, either, and I don't know if I'm really fooling anybody anyway.

I've got the impression that lots of people on this forum have separate e-mail accounts for their true persona. Does anybody else enjoy this?

Best wishes, Annabelle

Well, few years ago when I was still in highschool, I used to play online game, and I'd usually make my character's gender to female.
Whenever, I see a good looking cloth, I'd buy them and try it on to look pretty in the game. So, I guess I was already CDing a long time ago lol.
P.S. I also have a e-mail for my name inori :P

noeleena
03-02-2012, 06:54 AM
Hi,

Not sure if i could or could have done that, because for me theres no difference between male / female in how i think . so just the one & its well known ,
& the same pic & name of noeleena,

...noeleena...

Beth Mays
03-02-2012, 07:13 AM
a separate email domain like AOL or Gmail along with no common interest, separate location as for where you live, work and went to school will keep Facebook from "outing" you. I have 3 friends in common with the male side of me on Facebook. as of 6 months in I have not had a problem.

My wife knows about Beth but has no interest on meeting her so I keep things as separate as possible, I have sign up for catalogs, etc and if I order makeup or shoes I have them ship to Beth... that way they remain unopened until I get home from work.

Daphne Renee
03-02-2012, 08:58 AM
I have a separate facebook account and email. I dont send out emails very often though