PDA

View Full Version : Pantyhose & Shaving

JustJulie
02-29-2012, 01:27 PM
Like many others on this site, I wanted to see if pantyhose really do feel better with shaved legs. My own personal assessment is that it depends on the type of pantyhose.

Peavey - barely noticed a difference. They're thicker and hide leg hair better when you're un-shaved too.

Leggs - definitely noticed a difference, but nothing to write home about.

Hanes Silk Reflections - Okay, now there's a difference worth talking about! Interestingly, these are also more sheer than the others.

Wolfords - WOW! Better pantyhose, better results.

A note about shaving - the hair I removed with NAIR took six weeks to start coming back. The areas I simply shaved with a razor had stubble in a few days.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Katesback
02-29-2012, 01:38 PM
I avoid wearing panythose at all costs. Yuck.

Katie

Karren H
02-29-2012, 01:55 PM
I avoid wearing panythose at all costs. Yuck.

Katie

Same here!!! I hate them.... Waxed legs feel good no mater what your wearing!!

CDPheobe
02-29-2012, 01:59 PM
I find Leggs to be the best on shaved fresh legs. If it has nylon lycra, to me, those are best. Some tights i wear feel great. After a shave i do lotion the heck out of my legs. I have tried Wolfords and omg those feel spectacular. I wear pantyhose all the time. Even to bed. I did Nair my legs but found it to be irritating some times.

kimdl93
02-29-2012, 02:14 PM
Smooth legs feel better anytime and under anything. I enjoy tights and pantyhose in cooler weather, which is limited to a few months down here in Houston. The rest of the year, I rely on stay ups to cover a few unsightly scars and spider veins. I haven't tried the epilator or wax yet, but I've used Nair and other variants. I usually can feel some stubble within a few days after using Nair...and I have relatively thin, light blonde hair.

Richelle423
02-29-2012, 05:03 PM
I like leggs pantyhose but today I bought a pair of tights for the first time at Target and they feel great! Got them under my jeans and I'm ready to shovel some snow!

Stephenie S
02-29-2012, 05:11 PM
Panty-hose? No thanks. It's an invention of the devil. Or at least some GUY. I grew up with stockings and garter belts. Those I got used to, but I have no desire to go back.

Before anyone gets all bent, yes I do get dressed up sometimes. But if I can get away with it I just wear knee highs. Much more comfy.

Stephie

goodnhose
02-29-2012, 10:27 PM
I love sliding into leggs sheer energy pantyhose after shaving it's such a fem. feeling. Also, I sleep in them every night and the feel of my sheets moving over my legs feels great. I use the womens Venus razor it works fine!

Teddie
03-01-2012, 07:51 AM
. . . Waxed legs feel good no mater what your wearing!!

Amen. But, I like very nice, very shear, pantyhose.

Carol A
03-01-2012, 07:59 AM
I grew up before PH were invented and find them a pain in the butt to put on go P or what ever. Most days around the house dressed casual I prefer T-hi but when I dress to go out it's OBG and stocking baby. I am still mothers littls girl and that's what she taught me.

Aprilrain
03-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Shave your legs! I saw this CDer one night who had pantyhose over his unshaved legs...Eww! Unless your headed to work I cant imagine why you'd want to wear panty hose.

~Joanne~
03-01-2012, 01:52 PM
I love pantyhose :) It's the item that brings it all together for me. I won't wear any if my legs aren't shave because the feeling is horrible compared to shaved legs. Of coarse I have been two months straight shaving everything but my arms and even then I am slowly taking that hair down too :) My brand and style is Legg's sheer energy or Leggs active support. I haven't found a nicer brand that doesn't break the purse or feels better. yet.

Leeiah
03-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Shave your legs! I saw this CDer one night who had pantyhose over his unshaved legs...Eww! Unless your headed to work I cant imagine why you'd want to wear panty hose. lol you are so right ewww! I can't see it any other way and never would wear panty hose with unshaven legs.

Julie Denier
03-01-2012, 02:17 PM
Ever notice that cyclists and swimmers shave their legs to reduce drag and crossdressers shave their legs to increase it? ;)

~Joanne~
03-01-2012, 02:32 PM
Ever notice that cyclists and swimmers shave their legs to reduce drag and crossdressers shave their legs to increase it? ;)

lol not till you mentioned it lol ;)

Cheryl T
03-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Stockings look and feel better on shaved legs over unshaven ones for sure.
As to the stocking type...that's a matter of personal preference.

BLUE ORCHID
03-03-2012, 11:21 PM
Nothing feels better than smooth legs in .hose

Krististeph
03-03-2012, 11:35 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cycling tights feel much better when legs are waxed or freshly shaved.

jaye_cd
03-04-2012, 06:52 AM
I wore hose under my jeans pretty much all during High School. I couldn't imagine not having shaved legs in them.

Jennysd
03-04-2012, 07:36 PM
I'm a cyclist, and I shave my legs... those are actually independent of each other. As a cyclist, I don't really see benefit. I don't race either, but love the feeling of lycra and pantyhose over smooth legs... and just plain smooth legs.

JeanneF
03-07-2012, 10:25 AM
I'm a cyclist, and I shave my legs... those are actually independent of each other. As a cyclist, I don't really see benefit. I don't race either, but love the feeling of lycra and pantyhose over smooth legs... and just plain smooth legs.

Crash once and get road rash on hairy legs and you'll see the benefit of shaved legs for cycling. :)

I absolutely love wearing pantyhose or tights, but I can't stand the feel of them without having shaved my legs.

JoanAz
03-07-2012, 10:35 AM
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cycling tights feel much better when legs are waxed .

I find the WAX cracks when cycling,,,,,*ggl*

((((HUGGS))))

Kate Simmons
03-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Shaving is better, stubble notwithstanding. Years ago before I had the option to shave my legs, I wore 3 pairs of pantyhose to get the smooth effect which also distorted the leg hair. Got the idea from a Broadway show that was running at the time wherein men in that who portrayed being chorus girls wore the multiple pairs. Seems to work okay. I need to shave every other day otherwise but that's the nature of my "beast", so I just do it.:)

Gillian Gigs
03-07-2012, 03:04 PM
One of the best sensations is a new pair of stockings, or pantyhose on freshly shaved legs. Once you have done this, you will never want anything other than shaved legs. I also find that shaved legs are cooler on the legs, whatever you are wearing. Any good quality brand of a nylon/lycra blend is good.

Chrisnel
03-07-2012, 09:07 PM
I agree the cleaner the leg and shearer the hose, the nicer the experience. I just discovered Cuddl Duds long underwear that is absolutely fabulous thermal underwear. They come in a variety of sheer materials from microfibre to a light cotton blend. Tops come in long and short sleeve, lace trim or not, v-neck, polo, or hooded. They're on sale this time of year at Sears and JC Penney's for under ten dollars. I wish I was brave enough to wear the bottoms alone with just a long belted sweater.