PDA

View Full Version : Is she an expression of who U R? Or, a completely foreign individual?

docrobbysherry
02-29-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm SURE most of u have heard the expression, "Dressing is something I DO, NOT who I AM!"

In that vein, I wonder how many of u present to be someone ELSE, rather that to express who u feel u r inside!?:eek:

I'm certain that Sherry IS me. However, at whatever subliminal level that connection exists, I just can't relate!

So, I dress to be NOT ME! And, while I could appear as Lincoln or Brad Pitt, mimicking males does nothing for me. :straightface:

I think I understand how difficult it must be to hide such an important part of u if you're in touch with your fem alter ego, from those u know and love! :sad:

For me, it's like hiding a secret identity! As if I become CATWOMAN after dark!:heehee:
I wish I could talk about it with those I know and care about but don't feel I can!

Does this make sense? Do U dress to be SOMEONE ELSE?:brolleyes:

TGMarla
02-29-2012, 09:30 PM
Its certainly not something foreign to me. It seems like quite the opposite, really, that it's an expression of myself and a part of what is me on the inside. I'd not call it an alter-ego (except it is!), but more of a parallel ego. I'm still me, for the most part. It's just feminine me. Or female me. Or something like that.

Jacqueline Winona
02-29-2012, 09:54 PM
She is ceratinly a reflection of me- many of my best traits show up in her and most of my worst never do. Kind of like like the funhouse mirror that actually makes you look better. :)

elizabethamy
02-29-2012, 10:21 PM
I'm with Maria. She is in me all the time and dressing allows her out. She wants out a lot, but she doesn't feel like an invention or a different being, rather, a profound piece of the inner self that after 50 years of silence now demands to be heard and seen and acknowledged. What "I" get in return is this remarkably warm, happy feeling when I can let her out.

elizabethamy

Kirsty_D
02-29-2012, 10:30 PM
When I look in the mirror I'm always taken aback at who is looking back at me, the person in the mirror is not the person I identify with. Dressing lets me be the person I am.

Laura912
03-01-2012, 08:42 AM
The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

kimdl93
03-01-2012, 08:49 AM
If I could dress to be Brad Pitt my wife would be entirely for it. Alas, that is impossible, so I dress to be me.

Marleena
03-01-2012, 09:12 AM
Sherry they tell us that we are emulating women. I am just being myself as Marleena. Let's just say I missed out on the parental training to be a girl.:)

Karren H
03-01-2012, 10:06 AM
Yeah!! She's so foreign that we talk with a french accent when enfemme!! Lol.

Barbara Ella
03-01-2012, 10:10 AM
The marvelous duality of one. We are me.

Babes

Marleena
03-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Yeah!! She's so foreign that we talk with a french accent when enfemme!! Lol.

Lol.. That started my day with a laugh.:)

Karren H
03-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Lol.. That started my day with a laugh.:)

Ooo Laaa Laaa!! :)....

sissystephanie
03-01-2012, 10:18 AM
To answer the question asked, NO I do not dress to be someone else! I am a man. with a very definite feminine side. I dress to be ME!! I use a feminine name, because my male name does not fit with me being dressed enfemme. But I am still me, and I am happy with that!!

helena.gcd
03-01-2012, 10:29 AM
I'm the same person anyway I'm dressed, but when i dress enfemme, i think that this gives me the chance to explore and enjoy a part of my personality that if not would have to be hidden.

It is just the two sides of the same coin.