PDA

View Full Version : "Boy Bag"

Daenna Paz
03-02-2012, 10:11 AM
Soooo, I'm just curious ...

How many of you pack some kind of an emergency contingency bag when you go out?

I've been thinking on this recently, and have decided to add this to my list of "things-to-bring-when-going-out". LOL! :heehee:

What other "measures" do you all take when out?

kimdl93
03-02-2012, 10:16 AM
Actually, I don't. I guess its a bit like walking a tightrope without a net, but I prefer to leave the house fully acknowledging to myself that I'm "all in".

linda allen
03-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Since I'm not "out" to anyone (in real life), yes, I carry a "boy bag". I leave the house partly dressed and finish in a shopping center parking lot. I have all my "boy" clothes with me and change completely back to a "boy" before coming back home or going anywhere where people know me.

One time I thought I had a flat tire and was going to have to change to "boy mode" to change the tire but it turned out there was just part of someone's hubcap stuck in the tread.

NV Susan
03-02-2012, 11:30 AM
Hi Daenna, I've carried a "boy bag" at times, usually just a pair of shorts and shoes, maybe a shirt also. Most of the time I just go en femme and enjoy the thrill of knowing I'm out there as a female and must cope with whatever comes along. I've had some tense situations come up, being stopped by the police a couple of times {once at a DUI check point,once for a traffic violation, got off with a warning on that one!}, stopping to change flat tires for people...things like that. Always been able to get along OK as any girl would.

Krististeph
03-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Always take an extra duffle on business trips. use it a lot for the long drive.

Casual stuff- large cowl neck knit sweater, blouse, camisole, bra & smaller forms, slip and skirts, thigh highs, boots and low heels, light/ subtle makeup, perfume, deodorant, gloves.

Also sometimes a light skirt suit, sunglasses, electric razor, moisturizer, etc.

Stephenie S
03-02-2012, 11:34 AM
Even if it's just a paper coverall you can put on to cover your pretty clothes as you change a flat or fill your radiator, it's best to be prepared. I think this is a great idea.

S

JessHaust
03-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Never take anything else with me, why would I?

Krististeph
03-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Hi Daenna, I've carried a "boy bag" at times, usually just a pair of shorts and shoes, maybe a shirt also. Most of the time I just go en femme and enjoy the thrill of knowing I'm out there as a female and must cope with whatever comes along. I've had some tense situations come up, being stopped by the police a couple of times {once at a DUI check point,once for a traffic violation, got off with a warning on that one!}, stopping to change flat tires for people...things like that. Always been able to get along OK as any girl would.

I was pulled over late one night once, wearing a girly jacket, a a few other things. I tried to find a side road to pull over on, but could not. I guess the cop was a little pissed or suspicious, he gave me a grilling kind of like you see on the COPS show sometimes. I was mad from this, and wondered if he was going to pull me out, he went to write the ticket in his car, I was mad, i took out my girly earrings and struggledd out of my coat. This seems to set him off more- he's asking me why i am doing this over his car loudspeaker... how am I supposed to answer when he's 50 feet back?

So he comes back asking me why i was moving around. Told him i didn't know he expected me to not move, that i did not think this was back in basic training standing at attention... he asked why i took off the coat. " I was getting warm from being upset by you yelling at me". Of course he thinks this is BS. So I finally tell him it was a girls coat and i didn't want him to get meaner because i of wearing sissy-ish clothes.

That did it- made sense to him then. I offered to give him the coat to search.. No, not necessary now. Handed me the ticket, told me to go to the court and just do what the judge said.

He was in court, dozens of tickets. He left at the third to last one... Mine was the case on the bottom of the pile.

It also might have been because i was running home for something while i was working late hours at the Hospital- Biomed engineer that fixes all the stuff, including the stuff in the E.R. Cops love nurses & E.R. staff... :-)

Thanks officer! :-)

A boy bag is okay, but i'd wager that at least 95% of all cops could not care less professionally. just don't do anything to hide it or not be up front with the cop.

Lorileah
03-02-2012, 12:10 PM
No, I don't. Having a pair of coveralls in the truck seems like a good idea (along with my other emergency stuff like jumper cables and a floor jack, those new fangled ones that come with car are impossible) and a couple bottles of water. I used to carry a bag of some sort of munchies but they kept getting stale. I also used to have flares. I do carry a blanket and a rescue blanket (one of those aluminum things and a disposable rain coat.

Since I don't care who sees me in a skirt I don't feel the need to have a boy bag though. I do have an extra pair of thigh highs just in case on runs.

sandra-leigh
03-02-2012, 01:10 PM
Contingency bag for me is a pair of flats in case my feet get too sore in my heels.

And a city bus ticket in case I need to get home inexpensively.

Cheryl T
03-02-2012, 01:47 PM
I used to, but now I don't. Our vehicles each have a "emergency" bag with something for rain/snow and something to kneel on and such, but nothing that is a "boy bag" that would allow me to change in case I needed to repair something. I would either do it as I was dressed (hopefully not in a gown), put on something that is in the bag, or just call AAA and wait.

Melissa Anne
03-02-2012, 01:55 PM
I do. I usually have some drab clothes and shoes, and a pack of wet wipes for removing makeup in case I have to make an emergency change. Luckily I've never had to use it... knock on wood!

Renee
03-02-2012, 02:14 PM
I dont get out as much as I used to, but I do carry a change bag for emergencies. It has come in handy on one ocassion. I was out driving the city one morning and came over a hill on the crowded interstate. The traffic had come to a halt in front of me and I was going at least 60 mph. I slammed on the brakes and stopped just short of the van in front of me. However the car behind me wasnt as lucky. I looked in the mirror and saw that the driver wasnt even looking. He was changing the station on his radio or something. Well he rear-ended me going about 60 or so. My car was vaulted past the van in front of me and into the median wall. The car was totaled as it was smashed on all 4 corners and the trunk was in the back seat. Luckily I was not hurt, but the adrenaline was in full force. I reached over and took the jeans and mans shirt out of the bag and quickly changed. Used the moist wipe and managed to get most of the makeup off and put on the slip on loafers. I climbed out of the drivers window and talked with the drivers around me and the police when they showed up. No one noticed or said a thing about my clothing. For once a plan fell into place.

carhill2mn
03-02-2012, 02:57 PM
I frequentlly have "boy things" in my car in case of an emergency. I have made use of them at times.

Kate Simmons
03-02-2012, 03:21 PM
Actually, that thought never crossed my mind. It is pretty much what it is Hon.:)

Leanne2
03-02-2012, 03:45 PM
I'm out as transsexual to my wife but not to the rest of my family. My wife doesn't want them to know. My 26 year old son still lives with us and is not working because of two recent surgery's so he is around the house a lot. Because he likes to sleep in, I can leave the house dressed in the morning. But when I come home he could be here so I carry my "safe" clothing with me. If his vehicle is in the driveway I go somewhere else to change back to drab. I'll be glad when he moves out in July. Leanne

Debglam
03-02-2012, 06:30 PM
I have a gym bag with baggy sweats, a pair of sneakers, and work gloves. I also have makeup removal wipes, eye makeup remover and q-tips, and nail polish remover and cotton balls. Oh ya, I almost forgot. . .

$100 in gold; $100 in rubles, 2 lipsticks, 2 pair of nylon stockings. . . :heehee:

Ya never know.

AllieSF
03-02-2012, 06:48 PM
When I started going out dressed, I always would take an emergency bag with me that contained male pants, shirt, belt, shoes and a jacket in the winter. When my son finally moved out a year ago I just left it in the trunk and there it has stayed until not too long ago when I needed those black shoes in the bag. It doesn't hurt me to have it in the trunk ready when I may need it. With my luck and a good dose of Murphy's Law, the time that I do take it out of the car will definitely be the time when I will need it the most.

Kaz
03-02-2012, 06:53 PM
I am big on contingency planning! But I have taken risks and they are so adrenaline pumping... knowing that you are THAT vulnerable is a real leveller!

Eryn
03-02-2012, 07:02 PM
I have one, but occasionally it just sits at home. Considering how much time it takes me to transform back to male mode I often wonder when I would actually use it. Also, a lot of the items in it are probably dried out!

Oh, for those who wear nail polish and want a quick way to remove it, pack a dip-it polish remover jar. About 5-10 seconds per finger and nothing else to carry.

Beth Mays
03-02-2012, 07:03 PM
Not a boy bag, but a bug out bag... 2pants 4shirts, underwear, toothpaste, 9mm, ammo.. never needed more than a change of clothes a time or two but like a boy scout... be prepared.
Even at work I keep a full change of clothes.

Diane Smith
03-02-2012, 07:18 PM
When going out of town, I always pack a bag with a pair of boy pants, a sweatshirt, and a pair of well-worn walking shoes (women's, actually, but they're completely unisex). That's partially so I can change back to something resembling boy mode if necessary, but also just partly practical, so I won't mess up my pretty stuff or twist an ankle if I need to change a tire out on the road or something.

So far, I've never had to use it.

What comes in handy much more often is my makeup bag, in which I pack everything I'm wearing that day plus a hair brush, razor, and a spare pair of stockings. When I'm out for a full day I will always want to refresh my makeup a time or two.

I don't bother with either of these extra bags when I'm just out and about in town and won't be out for more than a few hours.

I always keep wet wipes in the car regardless of dress because they come in handy for a lot of things besides cleaning off makeup. (Needed one today after eating barbecue for lunch!)

- Diane

Nikki A.
03-02-2012, 07:21 PM
I used to leave home semi drab and finish up dressing somewhere quiet. Now I usually leave home dressed. Depending when I'm due back, daylight or darkness decides on if a bring a change of clothes because of the neighbors.
If I'm wearing heels I do bring along a pair of ballet flats because I can't stay in heels for any period of time (crooked bones).
If I break down, well then I will have a problem. Good thing is that my friend is a mechanic and lives close by. He doesn't know Nikki yet, but I know him and his wife have a friend who is post op TG and they accept her for who she is.

Lori B
03-02-2012, 07:31 PM
I have a gym bag with baggy sweats, a pair of sneakers, and work gloves. I also have makeup removal wipes, eye makeup remover and q-tips, and nail polish remover and cotton balls. Oh ya, I almost forgot. . .

$100 in gold; $100 in rubles, 2 lipsticks, 2 pair of nylon stockings. . . :heehee:

Ya never know. "$100 in gold; $100 in rubles, 2 lipsticks, 2 pair of nylon stockings.">>>one of my favorite movies:heehee: F5qqfsQGYus

Debglam
03-02-2012, 07:37 PM
"$100 in gold; $100 in rubles, 2 lipsticks, 2 pair of nylon stockings.">>>one of my favorite movies:heehee:

My absolute favorite! Good catch Lori!

Shoot, a girl could have a good time in Vegas with all that stuff!

Jilmac
03-02-2012, 08:27 PM
The only male thing I have with me when I'm out as Jill, is my driver's license photo.

Pinky188
03-02-2012, 08:32 PM
I take a small bag with lipstick in it. Does that count? No. Not really! Ha!

Rachel Morley
03-02-2012, 09:05 PM
When I first started to go out I did put a "boy bag" in the trunk. Just jeans, t-shirt, tennis shoes and makeup removal wipes. However it never got used and so I used to forget to put it in the car. I haven't taken a boy bag with me for about 2 years now. However, one day something is bound to happen and I'll probably wish I had one. Oh well ..... :)

Joanna Maguire
03-02-2012, 09:44 PM
I have never taken out a "boy bag" I must go back to where I dressed Yes over the years I have been caught out several times by GGs or women that know my male self.

Sally24
03-02-2012, 10:03 PM
I used to always have a full change of clothes. Of course I also used to pack spare everything...includding a wig. Never really needed them. Now I usually carry a.second outfit.....but its usually another dress!:heehee:

STACY B
03-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Hell with all that crap !!!!!!!!! I just bring a mask an dont have to worry with all that ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, HEYYYYYYY LOOK ITS SHREK !!!!!!!!! An hes dressed like a girl ,,,,,,,,, DOH !!!!

PretzelGirl
03-02-2012, 11:52 PM
When I first started to go out I did put a "boy bag" in the trunk. Just jeans, t-shirt, tennis shoes and makeup removal wipes. However it never got used and so I used to forget to put it in the car. I haven't taken a boy bag with me for about 2 years now. However, one day something is bound to happen and I'll probably wish I had one. Oh well ..... :)

:yt: It has been about a year for me. If you keep dragging the bag with you and never using it, eventually you just say the heck with it. Never used one item in it and haven't had the need since I stopped bringing it with me.

Misti
03-02-2012, 11:57 PM
Soooo, I'm just curious ... How many of you pack some kind of an emergency contingency bag when you go out?

"$100 in gold; $100 in rubles, 2 lipsticks, 2 pair of nylon stockings.">>>one of my favorite movies:heehee: F5qqfsQGYus

My absolute favorite! Good catch Lori! [I]Shoot, a girl could have a good time in Vegas with all that stuff!

Speaking of Vegas, True story: I learned my lesson the day my SO was driving because I had forgot my D/L, when the van in front of her suddenly stopped and she slid ever so gently right into its rear bumper (it subsequently knocked off our front license plate). BTW there was no other visible damage to either vehicle. Well, I get out and am "trying" (unsuccessfully, I might add) to talk the lady driver of the van to move our cars off this heavily, heavily traveled road to square things up between us. No way, she wasn't moving. What's wrong with this picture, you say? Common as dirt, er, sand, you say? Well, let's just see if it is, or just maybe, it isn't?

I am standing out there in "full-panic mode" (WBTW is most unusual for moi, including not having my Lic. with me, another story, another time perhaps?) in that burning hot Vegas sun dressed in short, and I mean, short denim shorts, peach see-thorough blouse (w/ no bra), open-toed sandals (of course w/ painted toe nails matching my long acrylic finger nails), gold chain, woman's watch, but w/o makeup, wig, etc., when this HS/Jr. HS school bus pulls out from behind us and goes around us on our right. As they passed by, you guessed it, all the teenage girls on the bus were leaning out the windows on our side of the bus hooting and hollering about my obviously male-mostly female getup (this, mind you, is in the embryonic stages of forcefully bringing my SO into the "New Me Stage" of my life!) I could easily envision the Vegas Cops eagerly slapping the cuffs on me and carting me off to a cell somewhere with a bunch of perverts who are just aching to get their hands on this "ever-so obvious pervert?" Uh huh!

Moral: That "Man/Boy Bag" sounds like a pretty smart thing to do to me, especially here in "Cuff-happy Vegas!' Cheers!

Persephone
03-03-2012, 01:35 AM
Like many others I carried a "boy bag" back years ago, don't any more. The only time I ever carry a change now is if I have back to back meetings or events in which I'm expected at one and "he" is expected at another. Otherwise I never give it a thought.

Car emergencies? That's why I have AAA; medical emergencies? that's why I wear clean untorn panties.

I do have a bit of a "bug out bag" in some of my vehicles however, that's just plain prudent.

Hugs,
Persephone.