PDA

View Full Version : Feel good story about coming out for today

rebekkadg
03-02-2012, 03:56 PM
I finally decided I needed to expand my circle of people that know about me from just me and my wife. Discussing my crossdressing with my wife is good but she has her comfort levels that I do my best to respect and maintain so I can't always be as open as I would like to be. So I finally worked up the courage to talk to the one person in the world I feared the least judgement from being my youngest sister and it went as well as I possiblely could have hoped.

We sat on the phone today talking for a good straight two hours about all the stuff I do and exchanging beauty tips that we have learned. She offered to help me shop around for some clothes and accessories and felt honored that I trusted her enough to talk to her about this. She says it explained a lot of my behavior to her and though she would have never have thought it on her own she wasn't at all shocked by the news.

But it feels like a great big weight has been lifted off having a new outlet to talk to. She has some crossdressing friends I can possibly meet as well which is a big plus because I actually have someone who can bridge those gaps with them as I am very shy and a more than a little high strung when it comes to meeting new people.

Bottom line I am just happy to actually get to sit down for 2 hours really getting to do girl talk even if it was en drab and on the phone. I can dress all I like, but that is only one aspect to me being a girl at heart and it felt wonderful to just sit down and have girl talk with my sister.

DonnaT
03-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Nice!

~Joanne~
03-02-2012, 10:09 PM
That is completely awesome and I wish you all the best in your new adventures :)

Barbara Ella
03-02-2012, 10:12 PM
So awesome when a sibling can be keyed into something that makes you so happy, and they can be just as happy for you. Congratulations.

Babes

STACY B
03-02-2012, 10:32 PM
Thats great ,, The most important part is that your SO will see your sisters is accepting an thats a plus, An it will go along way , But dont EVER ,, EVER ,, Tell your sister about all those times you stole her clothes ,,, She wont laugh !!!

Jacqueline Winona
03-02-2012, 10:34 PM
Congratulations, Rebekka! I am really happy for you!

Marleena
03-02-2012, 10:35 PM
That is so cool! My crystal ball sees lots of shopping trips for girlie stuff for you in the near future.:)

Miriam-J
03-02-2012, 10:35 PM
Thats great ,, The most important part is that your SO will see your sisters is accepting an thats a plus, An it will go along way , But dont EVER ,, EVER ,, Tell your sister about all those times you stole her clothes ,,, She wont laugh !!!
I've thought about telling the oldest of my three sisters - the only one who would likely be on the same page with me. But Stacy's point brought me up short for a moment. Sure was nice growing up with three sisters all about the same age as me ...

Miriam

Persephone
03-03-2012, 02:28 AM
That is so great! Enjoy!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Delila
03-03-2012, 04:39 AM
Congrats!!! I must admit I am more than a little jealous. My family is the only group of people that I know that I could never come out to.

chrissy hunt
03-03-2012, 05:01 AM
Great news I'm happy for you- always nice to extend your circle x

Silentpartner GG SO
03-03-2012, 05:19 AM
Thats lovely news - its going to be lovely for you to have someone to really talk to and to give you tips and advice on the finer points of femininity. My younger brother can talk to me about anything - he knows his big sis will always tell him like it is - if he has a problem he always comes to me with it - we sisters have our uses!

good point Stacy :rofl:

zorianacd
03-03-2012, 10:16 AM
Wonderful. Can't say that I'm not jealous. I think the support/validation is what keeps us going. It's great that you had the courage to take that step in expanding your circle.

Sheren Kelly
03-03-2012, 10:33 AM
I too have talked with my younger sister, knowing that as a New York City girl, she wouldn't be phased at all. Still, she prefers to think of me as her brother. Having at least one family member know of my femme side is a great relief. One of my fears was the "what if" scenario that I should somehow become sick or disabled and need assistance from other family members. I know I can count on her to help my other siblings adjust to the fact that there was also a side of me they never knew about.