PDA

View Full Version : Salon Treatment

Miss Mandy
03-02-2012, 10:48 PM
Hey ladies,

With my wife's approval, I mustered up the courage to get a make-up lesson by a make-up artist at an area beauty salon yesterday. I arrived and was shuttled to a back room past many male and female customers getting pedicures and hair styles. I arrived in drab and the wonderfully pleasant lady took about two hours giving me a lesson. She gave me some especially good tips on eye makeup application. Its funny, but I wore sunglasses out of the salon as she had left cosmetics on one of my eyes for study at home (it was dark outside by that time.) I also walked out with over $ 80 in new pressed powder, blush, eye pencils, and concealer. I am a sucker for makeup! I won't forget the look of some middle aged lady standing near me as I talking about the best foundation color for my skin tone! Priceless!

Who else has had a similar experience in a salon?

P.S. Getting ready for my public unveiling (out of town of course) in less than a week!

Jacqueline Winona
03-02-2012, 10:52 PM
Good for you, Jessica! Haven't had a similar experience, but am happy to hear of this for you. :) You must have been in heaven!

PretzelGirl
03-02-2012, 11:55 PM
The first time I went into any place with beauty products, it was an Ulta and I was meeting Kathi Lake for a day out, but I was in drab. I got a foundation match and I was quickly convinced that it didn't need to come off. So I went all day with it on while not being dressed up.

monalisa
03-03-2012, 08:01 AM
I notice on Craigslist there are some makeup artists that will come to you. Always thought it would be fun but haven't tried it yet.

donnatracey
03-04-2012, 03:02 AM
Sounds like so much fun, Jessica! That is something I would dearly love to do soon................:daydreaming:

Jenny Doolittle
03-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Hi Jessica,

Had a very similar experience going to a Mac counter last month. The makeup artist was so kewl and helpful teaching me as she went about color, application, and of course the difference between day and evening makeup.

I ended up spending about $125 on my bag of goodies!

Jenny