PDA

View Full Version : What a difference 2 years makes!

docrobbysherry
03-02-2012, 11:57 PM
Some of u may recall my attempt back then to go and take some picnic pictures in a nearby park. My first time EVER to get Sherry out there! In my nervous haste, I went out with a nearly empty gas tank, no wallet, or cell phone!:brolleyes:

There were people in the park and in the houses surrounding it. I wanted to be alone. So, I went home and had Sherry's picnic in my yard!:o

I FINALLY got Sherry out of her closet for the FIRST TIME LOCALLY this week! We headed down to the beach for some belly boarding! :)

Pretty empty at this time of the year but it was a sunny day so maybe 25 folks strolled by while I was there. All of them stopped to stare! Including the cop in his beach patrol jeep!:eek:

However, after various outings at the SCC and DLV over the last 2 years, I've developed a thicker skin! Hey! It's MY beach, too! :tongueout

For those of u dressers that go out all the time and r thinking, "What's the big deal?" I challenge u to go out there in a female suit and a mask! :straightface:
I KNOW that sounds weird! But, that's just how I dress! And, always have!:brolleyes:

I posted the FIRST set of Sherry's pics in the "Pictures" forum here. The second set will be coming soon and I think will SURPRISE U!:devil:

Anyone else have a nervous ground breaking outing recently? :doh:

Jacqueline Winona
03-02-2012, 11:59 PM
Not too wierd to me (or anyone else here!)!~ Good for you, Sherry and congratualions!

PretzelGirl
03-03-2012, 12:06 AM
Good for you Sherry. Yes, you have every right to go out too! So I take it this time you had gas and your wallet and cell phone?

AllieSF
03-03-2012, 12:55 AM
Wow, Sherry, I am really impressed. You have much more courage and confidence than you really give yourself credit for. Thanks for sharing and now I need to find your real beach pics.

docrobbysherry
03-03-2012, 01:31 AM
Good for you Sherry. Yes, you have every right to go out too! So I take it this time you had gas and your wallet and cell phone?
Yes, I was more prepared this time, Sue! I grew SO MUCH as a CD because of last year's DLV! I put my phone and ID in a small bag attached to my tote bag. And, had plenty of gas in my car!

I actually thot about driving there as Sherry. But, worried about a collision because of impaired vision. Turned out to be the rite choice! As, the gardners were working in the complex roadway, the neighbors across our tiny street were working on their car in their driveway, and the association president walked rite next to my car and waved as I drove out of my drive! It's NEVER THAT busy there on holiday afternoons!

monalisa
03-03-2012, 07:51 AM
I was just in Florida and wanted to walk the beach in a ruffled bikini but so many tourists there that I was afraid to scare them. Maybe some evening.

Sara Jessica
03-03-2012, 08:28 AM
Wow, Sherry, I am really impressed. You have much more courage and confidence than you really give yourself credit for.

Pretty much what I was thinking. There's confidence and then there's CONFIDENCE. Sherry, you clearly have the latter.

Sissy Michelle
03-03-2012, 02:21 PM
As a lady...you certainly have B***s ! ;) Good for you! i wish i had your strength.

Diane Smith
03-03-2012, 10:02 PM
However, after various outings at the SCC and DLV over the last 2 years, I've developed a thicker skin!

But you more or less buy your skin, right, so you could get it in any thickness you need? :)

- Diane

docrobbysherry
03-03-2012, 10:07 PM
Correct, Diane! More or less. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of anyone making a suit with arms and/or hands yet! But, I'm hoping someone will, before mine fade away completely!