PDA

View Full Version : My First day in chicago

tifftg
11-01-2005, 11:42 PM
I landed in Chicago around 3:30 and headed to the hotel. I quickly opened my bag and spread out things all over the place. Another shave and time to put on make-up. I didn't do my regular steps with concelear on my upper lip and chin and it showed. I put on a pair of new women's jeans with a cute pinkish sequined tie as a belt, a black sleeveless turtleneck, a pink shirt and a black sweater. On with the wig and some ankle boots, loaded up my purse and took a deep breath, I was doing this. I walked downstairs and spent a couple of minutes shopping next door. Then up to the train platform and the short train ride 3 stops to Rachel's wig shop. I tried to remember where to go and started walking. After a few blocks I figured I went the wrong way and called Rachel's Wig shop for directions. Velma who was running the shop that evening had to run an errand so she told me to go to the bowling alley on the conrner and order a soda, she would get me in 10 minutes. I walked in and they were very polite, I ordered a diet coke and waited. Finally a man walked in and asked if I was waiting for Velma, I said yes and he asked me to follow him. It was really amazing as I would normally feel my heart beating through my chest, but tonight it just felt right.

I tried on a dozen wigs,

here is the link for some photos, including one giant wig that just wasn't me. It was great being able to match and compare and have someone who helps cd's giving advice. Oh yeah, the first thing she did when I sat down was fix my concealer on my upper lip. She gave me some to use from now on, it makes a huge difference.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=253489&postcount=1

Then she took me to see Skyscraper Heels, an amazing collection of heels, boot and platform shoes. I wasn't really in the mood to try on shoes but had a lovely time with the owner who also dresses at time. I started walking back to the hotel, much too far to walk and got on a bus. Now wearing my new wig, I felt so cute. I needed to take my heels off and wanted to get on line, but the wireless wasn't working. I called the desk and found out that some rooms need a special booster to get the signal and I needed to come down and get one. I figured in for a penny in for a pound I put my heels on and went downstairs. The front desk lady was very polite and professional and I felt wonderful. Well now I am getting ready to put a skirt on and visit a few clubs in the neighborhood. I will write more tomorrow.

Hugs,

tiffany,

Thanks for all the support.

Shannon
11-01-2005, 11:47 PM
Sounds like you are having a great time, Tiff. You go girl!

Faye Emmette
11-01-2005, 11:53 PM
Wonderful Tiff and I read every word with delight. Sounds like you're having a fab time and there'll be at least a thousand of us here turning green with envy.
It all sounds so so lovely. Keep on smiling darling.
XX
F.:cheer:

womanatheart
11-01-2005, 11:53 PM
Taffany,
You have me reading, my mind and heart with you. The thrill. One of the most exhillarting and fem outings for me was trying on a wig. The GG was great. She had me try on 20 wigs for the fun of it. I felt pampered. I was a woman that day!! Then the night out!!!!!!I love escaping to a distant hotel efem.
Taffany, please tell us more...... put on a skirt and going out..... You have me. Cant wait.:o
Thanks for sharing.
Love.
Stephanie

Wenda
11-01-2005, 11:54 PM
Awesome! Go girl!

Billijo49504
11-02-2005, 12:09 AM
WOW, a lady out on the big town! Sure sounds like you were very comfortable there. Glad you had fun...BJ:D

susandrea
11-02-2005, 12:49 AM
If you can, try to go to "Nancy's Original Stuffed Pizza" place on 2930 North Broadway or on 3970 N. Elston Ave. (There may be more-- call and make sure as I haven't been there in a few years.)

It's yummy, but go early or late as at dinnertime it's mobbed. It's a famous pizza place.

Here's one review:

"Nancy's pizza is the best, no doubt. I just moved to the East Coast and it may be selfish of me but I miss Nancy's pizza more than I do any of my friends or relatives!"

You sure are having fun! :) Stay safe and enjoy!:angel:

cathy b
11-02-2005, 06:57 AM
wow way to go girl . i've never been out except on drives and walk arounds
but some day
hugs

Kathy Mosq
11-02-2005, 01:31 PM
Rachel's is a wonderful place, they are very friendly
and helpful. I have been there a few times as a male
and as Kathy. Sounds like you had indeed a wonderful
time. You go girl.