PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Photo Op

Lauren Richards
11-02-2005, 12:08 AM
I left work early yesterday, giving myself plenty of time to get ready to Halloween night. For the past few years I have been handing out candy at the door, and most of the kids seem to be just fine. A few have to look twice after a friend says "that's a man!", and it has been a fun time for everyone. My SO calls her friends, and invites them over, letting them know "Lauren is here".

This year it was raining and cold, and my SO answered the door while I was still getting ready. I only gave out candy to one batch of two young girls (who got a kick out of my outfit), and after waiting for another knock for over an hour, I suggested we go out. I was all dressed up, and it seemed a waste to just stay inside. I suggested we go to the local market, so off we went.

Just a couple of girls shopping to most folks. Nary a glance from fellow shoppers. We brought the camera and she took a few photos. I really like the one at the checkstand. I asked the clerk if there had been many people in "dressed up" that night. He said there had been a few. I guess I must have qualified. I figured since it was Halloween, I could go nearly anywhere and it would be fine. It was! It was also really nice to have my supportive SO with me again, trusty camera in hand.

I really like to take advantage of the "free pass" we get. It took a lot of years for me to be able to to this, and I thoroughly enjoy the freedom. Anyone else just go out and do normal stuff on Halloween?

Lauren

Marlena Dahlstrom
11-02-2005, 02:46 AM
Way to go Lauren! :cheer: You may have been doing "normal stuff" but you look like you were enjoying yourself.

And the fact that the other shoppers gave you nary a glance says to me that you could definitely go out at other times as well.

Adrianne
11-02-2005, 02:48 AM
Lauren what a way to go you look great.

cosmolovesph
11-02-2005, 07:24 AM
Way to go Lauren, my Halloween was a busy, so glad others had fun.

jessica33
11-02-2005, 09:51 AM
Good for you . I am glad to see your wife is supportive . She took good shots of you in the store .

Jasmine Ellis
11-02-2005, 10:07 AM
Lauren hi.
I'm glad to see you having so much fun and your wife is so suportive of you well done to you two.
Love from Jasminxxxxxxxxxx:thumbsup:

Sharon
11-02-2005, 01:17 PM
You look terrific, Lauren. You always have a very natural look about you and I'm quite sure that Halloween isn't the only time you get a "free pass.":)

Alas, I remained home Halloween night, dressed in drab so I didn't scare off the kiddies as they held out their bags for me to contribute to. Halloween's all about frights and costumes, but this is real life to me. In a way, I was in costume.:)

Kim E
11-02-2005, 04:46 PM
Lauren ~
Happy for you. Looks like you had a good time. I love your outfit and you look great.

Sharon ~ Funny that I had the same costume as you.

Kim

KatieZ
11-02-2005, 06:20 PM
Lauren you don't need halloween to go out, You and your SO could go to the mall on any Sunday and be just two other women shopping.

Glad you had a good halloween but you didn't frighten me.

Hugs

Sam-antha
11-02-2005, 06:36 PM
Lauren you looked great.. I mean in the pics.
Comfy with your outfit too and the colour scheme is great. Get out there again, you look perfectly good and do not need a party to pass. ( You have the required "Bottle".

Wenda
11-02-2005, 07:12 PM
Wow, you look great! I doubt I would have made you. Go Girl!

Tedi
11-02-2005, 07:22 PM
Well Yeah Lauren, don't wait for Halloween. You're looking good, and could go out anytime.

Julie W.
11-02-2005, 10:13 PM
WOW! Lauren

I take it you weren't wearing the outfit in the pictures when you were handing out candy.

You look GREAT in the photos. I would have assumed that you were a GG if I had been at that QFC store. Yep, just another CLASSY LADY customer.

robinLynn
11-02-2005, 10:24 PM
way to go girl i did that last year and the kids thought i was a female till i spoke

Lauren Richards
11-03-2005, 11:53 PM
Thank you, ladies, for all your very nice compliments! And yes, this was the outfit I wore to hand out goodies. I asked my SO to pick from an array of things I had laid out, and it was fun to have her decide what I was going to wear that night, down to the lipstick. I'm glad there weren't many knocking on the door that night, as it was a great excuse to get out and go shopping, if only for groceries.

Tonight was sort of an intersting continuation of the photo op. We were having dinner in a Mexican restaurant with her sister, brother-in-law, former husband, mother, step-dad, and nephew. There was a photo op of a different type at the dinner table, and after taking the picture, she scrolled her digital camera to the photos she had taken of me in the store and proudly showed them around! Everyone was surprised it was me, and her sister said I made a good looking woman. One of them even asked "who is the woman in the pictures", even after she said it was me. They all were totally casual about it, as if she were showing vacation photos. Another reason I love Halloween. A total free pass!

Lauren

Lauren Richards
11-06-2005, 12:11 AM
This has nothing to do with photo opportunities, unless you were at the local Home Depot a little while ago. I needed a few more things for a project I am working on, like drywall screws, corner bead, construction adhesive; you know, the stuff you run out of just when you need it. My work clothes were a mess, so I threw them in the wash and put on a knee length beige skirt that looks a little like a pair of shorts.

Throwing caution to the wind, off I went in a clean work shirt, jacket, and skirt! I'm sure the white socks and running shoes complimented the outfit. Ended up needing to walk the full length of the store to get all the stuff I needed, and back again to the cashier. If anyone noticed, I didn't hear a word. Just went about the store and shopped like I do every other time. It was not very crowded since it is raining and the store was closing in an hour, so that may have helped make me less noticable. Actually, I really didn't care. I got what I needed - and I'm not just talking about the stuff that went on my charge card.

Lauren

Holly
11-06-2005, 12:23 AM
Lauren, you're a natural. Maybe you should do ALL the shopping for you and your SO :D . You look so relaxed and content. Peace to you.

uknowhoo
11-06-2005, 12:33 AM
As the others have said, Lauren, it doesn't seem that you need Halloween as an excuse to get out there dressed!! Take care, Tammi

Deidra Cowen
11-06-2005, 08:17 AM
A very nicely written story about your adventure and you look great in the Photos! Then to followup with the trip to Home Depot and showing those pics to your family was very cool.

paulaN
11-06-2005, 10:25 AM
your photo's look great. your realy comming out too. great post. next thing ya know you'll be wearing dresses all the time. lucky girl.

Paulette
11-06-2005, 06:28 PM
Ye4s, there was a lot of stuff that needed to be done before my morning meeting so I went into the office and paulette got busy on the computer. Before going to the office I went out to dinner and stoppped at a store for a couple of items that I needed for breakfast the next day. I walked a couple of blocks from where I parked the car at the office and is twas heaven to hear my heels click on the sidewalk. I passed several young people in costume and they just smiled after I smiled at them.

You right one night every year that is a FREE pass.