PDA

View Full Version : First Meeting

Wendae
03-04-2012, 04:27 PM
I attended my first Tri_Ess meeting in Kissimee. I had all kinds of concerns, mainly what to wear and how to interact. I wore a black skirt and a wine colored long sleeve pullover and 4 in heels. I wasn't overdressed and was well received. The girls wore a variety of styles from casual to dressy. I had no problem interacting and found the experience very enjoyable. The food was excellent and in sufficient quanity. I'm guessing there were 30-35 folks there.

michelleky53
03-04-2012, 05:23 PM
I used to live in Kissimmee and am curious as to where the meeting was held. I don't picture the locals being too embracing of the lifestyle.

NathalieX66
03-04-2012, 10:29 PM
Tri-Ess is great for those who don't get out much. They made me earn my wings.
Michelle, usually at a secure location. I forget about how easy it is to go out to any restaurant or shopping mall between DC, New York and Boston without any problem. I know parts of Florida are a bit conservative, and folks probably don't feel comfortable with such things. I hope I don't offend you here, but I feel a very different vibe from inland Florida than on the coastal communities.

Phylis Nicole Schuyler
03-05-2012, 07:32 AM
Tri-Ess is great for those who don't get out much. They made me earn my wings.
Michelle, usually at a secure location. I forget about how easy it is to go out to any restaurant or shopping mall between DC, New York and Boston without any problem. I know parts of Florida are a bit conservative, and folks probably don't feel comfortable with such things. I hope I don't offend you here, but I feel a very different vibe from inland Florida than on the coastal communities.

That's a fact. It still is a little iffy here on the Gulf Coast. I live in Bradenton and they are not very receptive (Too many old fart thinkers). St. Pete and Tampa are much better and more open minded.

Wendae
03-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Sorry, can't reveal the location for obvious reasons.

sterling12
03-05-2012, 02:13 PM
Wise answer Wendae. But we can say it's somewhat close to The Mouse, and in that general area it's not a problem. I attended many meetings with The Orlando/Kissimmee Group, we went out a lot after The Meeting to nearby straight bars, and places like The Parliament House. Never had much of any problems. All Areas have their bad places, the trick is to learn, be observant, and to avoid trouble when possible.

Wendae say hello to Peaches for me, haven't talked to her in a while. She was always a good friend.

Peace and Love, Joanie

carhill2mn
03-05-2012, 04:04 PM
I am glad that your first experience was a good one. It is usual that there will be a variety of styles. 30 to 50 people at a
Tri-Ess meeting is really very good. Many chapters have a problem getting 10 or so to come on a semi-regular basis.

Genny B
03-05-2012, 05:42 PM
I would be afraid to go to my first meeting in femme. Would that be a problem?

PretzelGirl
03-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Getting out and meeting others in a group is great. I am glad it worked well for you. You don't have to worry about what you wear (it is always right) or breaking the ice with others (they will break it for you). And 30-35? I am like Carole and think that is a very nice turnout. More friends is never a bad thing!

Wendae
03-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Genny B .... Wasn't a problem with the group I met with. If that is your comfort zone then do so if it is ok in your area. I think however you would feel more comfortable dressed enfem like the rest of the girls. No one is going to make you feel uncomfortable. You'll be welcomed as a sister no matter.

kimdl93
03-07-2012, 11:36 AM
Glad you had a good time Wendae. We're social creatures, and its natural to want to interact with others while being ourselves.

LeeBe
03-07-2012, 09:05 PM
Hi Wendae, it's Lee here.... glad it was a pleasant experience for you. Actually the group meets in Kissimee but the Tri Ess chapter is in Orlando which is a very tolerant area. The night before the meeting a fairly large contingent of us met a Hamburger Mary's for dinner for a Girl's Night Out. The GNO on the Friday before the regular chapter meeting on Saturday has been going on since before I joined the group. There are a lot of very friendly restaurants in the area and it is great to go somewhere 2 nights in a row!! The Orlando chapter is probably unique in that it can draw people from both coasts. For example Wendae is from the Tampa area (Gulf Coast) and there are a number of us that come from the Atlantic Coast, I live in Rockledge which is in the Melbourne area... I guess we meet in the middle.

In response to Genny B this chapter provides a changing room at the facility where we meet so you could change there if you did not want to leave the house dressed and I believe they also have a policy where you can come in drab for the first time. Actually there is one of our members who works at Dizzy World and can't get off in time to change comes with his WDW uniform (no it's not the mouse, just shirt and tie and vest). Actually I think you would feel out of place if you weren't "dressed," it's what your comfort level is.

And yes, the corned beef and cabbage was excellent... after all we were anticipating a visit from St. Patrick!