PDA

View Full Version : TG Conferences

Marcia Polari
03-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Could someone comment on Empire Conference or Be-All in Chicago to be held shortly? I am planning to attend one of them and would like some help so I can take an educated decision. Thanks and warmest regards to all.

Jilmac
03-04-2012, 10:54 PM
This will be the 30th anniversary of BeAll and staff is making plans for a gala event. I have been there for the last three years and have met so many wonderful people. Last year Chaz Bono was our keynote speaker but that was just one of many events. It's a week long conference with events, dinners, a pool party, entertainment, seminars, and hospitality suite where the girls can mingle, share drinks, snacks, and good conversation. Log onto the BeAll website to see all the events scheduled for this year's conference. I'll be there the entire week, hope to see you there. Luv and Hugs, Jill

ReineD
03-04-2012, 11:30 PM
My SO went to Be-All some years ago and had a great time! (I'm guessing ... she didn't talk about it much). lol

But she prepared for weeks and brought lots of clothes. She had a makeover there and photo shoot by Austin's Angels that turned out superb! She said she was ready to get back to guy mode by the time it was over though.

NathalieX66
03-04-2012, 11:37 PM
They're all good.
I might be at Empire Conference, but for one evening only. The Keystone Conference in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania is slightly bigger than the Empire conference, and it is happening the last week of March. the Empire and Keystone are too close together date wise.
I'm sure the Be-All in Chicago is great too!

I'm a big fan of the Southern Comfort Conference in Atlanta, Georgia, which happens in September. Last year was the largest attendance since previous years....over 900 people.

Tara D. Rose
03-05-2012, 01:18 AM
They're all good.

I'm a big fan of the Southern Comfort Conference in Atlanta, Georgia, which happens in September. Last year was the largest attendance since previous years....over 900 people.

Yes Nathalie I was there at SCC the last 2 years. 2010 was my first time out of the house ever. I can hardly wait to be back there again this coming September. I meet new friends and friends from the year before. I just wish they had it twice a year at least.

Marcia Polari
03-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Thanks Jill
Great piece of advice. I've already gone through the BeAll schedule and found it very attractive. Besides, it gives me more time for planning.
I'll let you know if I make it.
Love, Marcia

Thanks Reine
One more vote to BeAll. I rather wish I'd get ready for transition though.
Hugs, Marcia

Hi Nathalie
I'd love to go to Empire Conference. The point is time flies and we'll soon be in April. I've just come from a business trip to LA and LV. Maybe I need some more time for reset the whole thing.
I had never heard about Keystone before. Anyway, is too close. But I'll put that into perspective.
Love, Marcia

Hi Tara
Thanks for your comments. SCC is of course on my future plans. I hope to meet you there if I make it.
Hugs, Marcia

AllieSF
03-05-2012, 09:06 PM
Marcia, there is another TG event held in Las Vegas every year. That is "Divas Las Vegas". Sarah Jessica here who is assisting with the organization and has an open thread on this years upcoming event. Vegas is a lot of fun and much closer to San Francisco too!

Marcia Polari
03-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Hi Allie
You know, my last trip to US a couple of weeks ago took me 1.2 thousand miles drive in-between LA and LV. You right, LV is a must. Point is I was with my wife so I had to keep Marcia in hidden the whole time. How many miles from LV to SF? OMG, I think I'll come to make the entire route 66 one day if things go like that. Thanks sweetie, I'll keep San Fran in mind. Love, Marcia

Vickie_CDTV
03-06-2012, 12:47 AM
The Keystone Conference, I believe, is now the 2nd largest TG convention (SCC is the biggest, Be-All might still be the 2nd.) I will be at the Keystone Conference (stop by the vendor area and say hi!), I don't know how big of a draw the Empire Conference is currently (anyone know the numbers?)

Marcia Polari
03-06-2012, 08:55 AM
Hi Vickie
Thanks for the comments. Very interesting how big Keystone is. I didn't know that, go figure. This year is too close but I'll keep that in mind for next year.
Thanks sweetie.

Nora
03-06-2012, 11:34 AM
HI Marcia:

We have been in contact before on the Tri-Ess forum. If you are interested in attending Diva Las Vegas next month let me know. I am on the organizing commitee and will be glad to help.

Nora

Marcia Polari
03-06-2012, 12:50 PM
FGS girls, why only now I am getting information on a bunch of good events.
I didn't know and I've been to Vegas just a couple of weeks ago.
How I envy you all.
Let's keep in touch Nora.
Love,
Marcia

Nora
03-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Marcia:

I wish I knew that you were coming to Vegas. I would have loved to meet you. Contact me anytime.

Nora

Heather-Barbie
03-08-2012, 07:25 PM
I have a question about these conventions. I've never been to any, and I'm still pretty much a closet CDer. Does everyone dress up during the convention, or are there many still in 'male' mode? Be-all is not far from where I live, and I looked at the agnda. Looks really interesting!

KimmyMartin2u
03-21-2012, 12:11 AM
I have a question about these conventions. I've never been to any, and I'm still pretty much a closet CDer. Does everyone dress up during the convention, or are there many still in 'male' mode? Be-all is not far from where I live, and I looked at the agnda. Looks really interesting!

There are some people who are in "male mode" but I think that takes away from the fun. If you are worried what others might think, just rememner, they are just like you.

DanaR
03-21-2012, 01:19 AM
If you have never been to one of these functions, go. I think that you would have to try really hard to not have a good time. They can be some of the best experiences of your life.

My first one was an I.F.G.E. convention in Portland Oregon, in (I think) 1994. After I registered, the realization came that I would need clothes for 5 days. My wife and I spent a lot of time putting together a wardrobe for me, which has grown quite a bit since. I drove to Portland dressed, but took a change of guy clothes just in case; which was good, because I did have some car problems once I got there.

I still remember after the drive back home (which was about 2 1/2 hours) walking in the house and my wife asking me how the convention was. I broke down crying, she was now worried about what had happened to me, I told her it was the best experience that I had ever had.

Marcia Polari
03-30-2012, 12:24 PM
I couldn't make Keystone and I have to choose between Empire and Be-All Chicago. I think Be-All allows me more appropriate time. I've booked the hotel room already. Anyone to join me?

VickyMI
03-30-2012, 09:38 PM
Marcia I ll be at be all my 4 th straight. It is a blast. The time goes so fast you wish you could slow it down.

ArleneRaquel
03-30-2012, 09:40 PM
I hope to attend Be-All this year. :battingeyelashes:

Daphne Renee
06-01-2012, 07:49 PM
I have never been to any of the conferences. I am thinking about going to SCC this year. Any one have and advice for a first timer?

NathalieX66
06-01-2012, 08:16 PM
SCC:
I met a lot of friends there. The entire hotel atmosphere during that week is the best.
Saturday night is the dinner/ball....wear your best evening dress or gown, and have fun.
Follow the week schedule and pick the seminar during the day that suits you best.
The luncheons are great because of the speakers.
Friday night, you go out to the restaurant of your choice. Last year, I went to Fleming's steakhouse, not far from the hotel.....great filet mignon, great wine.

justcurious
06-18-2012, 11:02 PM
Ok. I know I am a closet cdr. I know that I live in the area of Chicago and would love to attend one of these. If this has already happened, how was it? I know that I can work it out due to working from home and my W has not problem going into the city to meet with clients! where is this and when? If it has already happened when where the next one be and where do I find out? Yes, I am new here and just really wanting to explore more!

DonnaT
06-19-2012, 01:05 PM
http://iamtransgendered.com/Events.aspx

Jilmac
06-19-2012, 04:54 PM
You missed BeAll by about three weeks. I've never been to the Empire Conference so there's not much I can tell you about it.