PDA

View Full Version : Meditation for an Uncertain Moment

Foxglove
03-07-2012, 03:32 PM
The world is what it is. There is in it much that is beautiful and much that causes great sorrow. It is what it is, and I am powerless to change it.

I am what I am. There is much in my nature that I treasure and much that causes me to grieve. I am what I am—and though others may say that I have the power to amend myself, they have no knowledge of me.

There is one facet of my nature that is a mystery to all others. It causes me no pain, but on the contrary brings me much joy. It is my jewel, the radiance of my soul—and though others may deride it as tarnished and debased, they have no knowledge of it.

Then I will cast my shadow on the grass and leave my footprints in the sand just as any other who has passed through this world. I will turn my face to the sun and rain, I will follow my road wherever it leads me. I will suffer my little setbacks, and I will rejoice for my little triumphs. I will reach out for much, I will cling to much, some things I will lose and lament.

But I will turn my face to the sun and rain, and when my road is walked, I will look back upon it and declare with gratitude, “Veni, vidi, vixi!”

Best wishes, Annabelle

Kate Simmons
03-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Beautifully expressed my friend.:)

Miriam-J
03-07-2012, 04:32 PM
Wonderful. Thank you.

Miriam

Foxglove
03-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Thank you, Abigail and Miriam.

LeaP
03-07-2012, 04:47 PM
Nicely written. I had to look up the variation on Caesar's quote - yours was a perfect application.

Lea

kimdl93
03-07-2012, 05:07 PM
Very nice and particularly meaningful to me on this day. Thank you.

Marleena
03-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Very nicely written Annabelle.:)

Roberta Lynn
03-07-2012, 05:32 PM
Thanks Annabelle, very nice

DianeDeBris
03-07-2012, 11:54 PM
“Veni, vidi, vixi!”

Mirabile dictu! I love it -- GRMA!! Hugs -- Diane

taís
03-07-2012, 11:54 PM
that's so beautiful and powerful, Annabelle. thank you for sharing.

it reminded me of a small poem I dearly love. it's tricky to translate but I found that someone did the job for me (http://www.tryst3.com/issue18/miranda.html).

All of those who may
Forbid me to fly:
They will pass away
I'm passing by.

Mario Quintana (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Quintana)