PDA

View Full Version : Outed at work

vetobob9
03-07-2012, 04:08 PM
I was wearing my bra and forms again to work. But this time it was a bit hot so I took my coat off. No one said anything, except that one or two took a closer look.
Apparently my boss already knew but it was no big deal but I overheard a coworker say, "is he wearing a bra?" And she mentioned my name. Our supervisor said she already knew about it.
I looked and it seems it is barely noticeable. Just two slight bumps was all.
One couple came in and the male winked but that was all.

I don't think I pass as entirely fem yet, but so far I have not had any problems. Then again this was only one day.

Karren H
03-07-2012, 04:12 PM
That's cool no one cares! Two small bumps? How big are your forms?

Stephenie S
03-07-2012, 04:12 PM
I don't know HOW many times I have said this on this forum, but I'll say it again. You CAN'T hide a bra except under the thickest of clothing. You just can't. If you are going to wear a bra to work, people will notice, plain and simple. All of you who think you are "getting away" with doing so are just deluding yourself.

kimdl93
03-07-2012, 04:17 PM
I think I asked before, but if you're super and co-workers know, is there a reason not to go full femme? I recall your observations about the cost of make up, but women can and do work w/o make up in certain environments. It seems like you're already so close...why not take the full next step? I'm sure you have good reasons...just curious what they are.

~Joanne~
03-07-2012, 04:18 PM
The whole bra and forms thing is still way beyond me. I guess this wasn't a negative situation for you so have fun? ;)

sissystephanie
03-07-2012, 04:21 PM
I am sorry for this, Stephanie S, but I do have to disagree with you. I have been wearing a bra for over 60 years, including wearing it to work every day. Never once have I been "outed" by being caught wearing a bra. Now that I am semi-retired I don't go to an office anymore, but I do still wear a bra every day!! And I do wear some pretty fancy bras!! Oh, and I don't wear heavy shirts or blouses either, or any forms since I am a Natural 40 B!!

Karren H
03-07-2012, 04:30 PM
I am sorry for this, Stephanie S, but I do have to disagree with you. I have been wearing a bra for over 60 years, including wearing it to work every day. Never once have I been "outed" by being caught wearing a bra. Now that I am semi-retired I don't go to an office anymore, but I do still wear a bra every day!! And I do wear some pretty fancy bras!! Oh, and I don't wear heavy shirts or blouses either, or any forms since I am a Natural 40 B!!

Do I have to come in there?? Stop it right now young ladies!! Or a Stephanie is going to her room hungry.... And naked!! Lol.

Badtranny
03-07-2012, 04:59 PM
Just come out already Bob.

I don't know if you're transitioning, or genderqueer, or what but you're wearing fake boobs to work and trying to pretend you're just a regular guy.

You obviously don't pass as female because people are asking if HE is wearing a bra. What are you afraid of? They've already seen your bra so they already know. They're already talking about you.

Come out as whatever you are and reclaim your dignity.

Jenniferathome
03-07-2012, 06:10 PM
You wear a bra and breast forms to work and you are surprised to be outed? What am I missing? Of course you are outed. You did it yourself.

Elle1946
03-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Sometimes the outline on your back where the bra is can give it away. I have noticed it on many girl girls.

RenneB
03-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Must be a pretty tight little shop you're in. Most of my past jobs have been 'at-will' 'no-cause'. That is when the wrong person is at the top of the work chain and says they don't like you.... you're gone.

Then again, depending on the type of job you're in, it shouldn't matter. Hey, head on over to a CD store and I'll bet you'll fit in without any comments. However, most stores are profit motivated and if you're not motivating the bottom line then you're out no matter what you're wearing..

Great thread and I hope all goes well.....

Renne.....

Stephenie S
03-07-2012, 09:06 PM

If you think that no one notices this you are sadly delusional. Just because no one "mentions" it does NOT mean that nobody knows.

For goodness sake. Just look around you. Can you tell if a woman is wearing a bra and when she isn't? Yes you can, and so can she. And so can anyone else.

Most people are just too polite to call you on it.

S

NathalieX66
03-07-2012, 09:12 PM
That kind of stuff makes me nervous. I don't think I could ever wear forms or a bra at work.
I'm pretty accepted now having a year & a half hair, plus a greatly diminished five O'clock shadow via laser & electro, and thinner eyebrows. I look more girl-like these days, and for some reason it doesn't seem to quite be the same as crossdressing.....am I making any sense here? :confused:

PretzelGirl
03-07-2012, 09:57 PM
For goodness sake. Just look around you. Can you tell if a woman is wearing a bra and when she isn't? Yes you can, and so can she. And so can anyone else.

Especially if you have B cup breasts. They don't just fold up for the day and go away until nightfall.

Diane Elizabeth
03-07-2012, 10:18 PM
If you take the jacket off then at some point it is noticable. Its just a matter of if someone sasys anything to you, or anyone else. I once wore a bra to work under a T shirt and a thick work shirt and someone noticed. They didn't say anything though. What happened was that he came up behind me and ssaid a joke, and slap me on the back to feel for the bra as he laffed at the joke.

vetobob9
03-08-2012, 04:11 PM
That's cool no one cares! Two small bumps? How big are your forms?
Apparently it depends on the shirt. I checked the box and it says C, but I've been wearing B bras. Apparently it depends on the shirt. Black makes it look like small bumps as does the coat. But the beige shirt, also a button up, makes them appear bigger and more noticeable.

BRANDYJ
03-08-2012, 04:14 PM
I'll just repeat what I said in your earlier thread. You are flirting with losing your job. Is it really worth it?

SANDRA MICHELLE
03-08-2012, 05:30 PM
Bra and forms is a hard one to not notice, most every GG wil spot it a mile away and any men if they have any close contact with you. So what if you were outed, sounds like it was a non event. Go in the next day in a skirt and heels and see if they say anything, just kidding, or am I????

Anne2345
03-08-2012, 05:36 PM
Either consciously or subconciously, I think you want to out yourself. Regardless, you are well on your way towards doing so . . . .