PDA

View Full Version : No checks ,, no returns ..

STACY B
03-07-2012, 11:01 PM
I got one for ya ,, Ya ever go out DRESSED,, Maybe all the way or almost all the way,, Or maybe just to much to meet up with someone ya know REAL GOOD ,, That kind of dressed ? Just say your out shoppin nothing CRAZY ,, Just a little afternoon,, EARLY morning outing ,, Felt a little R.I.S.K.Y. that day an ya gonna put something on an go slip around a bit close by or even just blowing it out all the way . Then ya get in the store all is well an then it happens ,,, BAM ya see someone ya know , Or ya just get that crazy feelin of dread or panic ,, An ya already got your stuff or of corse your at the check out an guess what ? Some one pulls out the OL CHECK BOOK !! Or they want to return something ,, OMG !! Your friggen stuck ,, Or PRICE CHECK !! Then of corse the line startes backing up an then folks get a better look up close an personal at ya an ya cant be a face in the crowd then an they want to start talkin ti ya or staring at ya then its ohhhhhhh S":"T ,,, Just wondering about all yall ??

Karren H
03-07-2012, 11:21 PM
Yeah.... I've run into a lot of people I know when out shopping. In drab with me holding a bunch of skirts or dresses. We chat. No one ever asked me anything. While out enfemme I've passed people I know in parking lots. They didn't recognize me...

Marleena
03-07-2012, 11:30 PM
Murphy's law when you are incognito.:)

Jeninus
03-07-2012, 11:41 PM
I know just what Stacy's saying: she runs into Rupert, or The Preacher, or her friend Ellie, at the checkout counter in Kohl's while buying panties in a size waaay too big for her SO...and they know it. "Oh, Stace, whose pantees ya buyin' now, huh? They reeeel purty! Say, they ain't fer y'all, hey?" Crap, ruins her whole day!

Julogden
03-08-2012, 01:31 AM
I had the experience of going to a popular dance club (Berlin) in Chicago for their Halloween party many years ago and running into people from the place where I worked. Since the north side of Chicago is quite a distance from where most of my co-workers lived (Joliet), I never ever gave it a second thought to go out dressed in Chicago, but after I was in the club with some other CD friends and looked around a bit, I suddenly realized that there was a whole bunch of people from the night shift from the company I worked for at the time. :confused2:

I worked the day shift, but I had contact with some of the night crew as I was a union steward and had met with many of them in the past regarding union stuff. I definitely got looks of recognition from a couple of the people from work, and the nudges and whispers began, but none of them said anything to me and I stood my ground, didn't break and run. No one from the night shift ever said anything to me about that night.:cool:

Carol

Persephone
03-08-2012, 03:00 AM
Yep Stacy, it happened to me tonight! We went to an event (I was en femme of course) and ran into my boyself's best friend's sister and her daughter! Fortunately I'd come out to my best friend a couple of months ago, but the two women were more than a little surprised!

We ended up sitting next to them and exchanging pleasantries. After a while my boyself's best friend and his wife arrived! So they sat on our other side.

Afterwards we all went to dinner together. The only problem there was that it was now five women (his wife, my spouse, his sister and her daughter, and me) all doing girl talk together and he was stuck as the only guy at the table!

So yes, it does happen.

Hugs,
Persephone.

kimdl93
03-08-2012, 08:22 AM
Last summer, I ran into a next door neighbor lady and her two kids as both of us walked towards the grocery story. By the time I saw her, it was too late to do anything but say "good morning!' She was surprised, but very positive about the whole thing and we remain on friendly terms.

Beth Mays
03-08-2012, 08:27 AM
That's when I start looking arround real low brow... talking into my wrist watch... "agents stay in place!! My cover is NOT blown!! Say again Code six-nine"

linda allen
03-08-2012, 08:32 AM
If you're not "out" to everyone, that's the risk you take when you go out. I was out dressed one evening, driving, and just missed hitting a guy on a bicycle riding the wrong way on the street around a curve. Just imagine the fallout from that one!

Bailey_in_Mansfield
03-08-2012, 10:37 AM
I'm always afraid of something like that happening... I've generally gone to just being en-femme in private now. If I went out dressed and someone recognized me...well, let's just say it wouldn't be good for my career. :P Even in drab I have to be careful and avoid familiar faces. I don't have a SO that I could be buying panties for and everybody who knows me knows that. :P Fortunately I've not had any problems running into people though. At least, none that I noticed. :P That's not to say that somebody across the way didn't see ME... :P

Carla4Guage
03-08-2012, 11:07 AM
One of my first times out, several years ago at Christmas I was going down the esculator at Macys and they had put up a display right in front of the landing pad at the bottom. Everyone in the store was stopped looking at the item, I don't even remember what it was, as about 10 people were about to arrive at the bottom, me being in front, of course. I had to all but knock people down to avoid being crushed. One of the people I pushed out of the way was my sister-in-law who had several of the items from the display in her hands as I recall I think my wife got one for a Christmas present. Fortunately I managed to make my escape without her realizing it was me. (I think!)

Contessa
03-08-2012, 11:30 AM
That is one of my reasons for going out dressed now, to see people I know and that know me. I want to feel at ease when I am out. I have lost just about every bit of my fears. I also feel that I don't only want to dress at home because I will be just a man in a dress. No need for makeup at home. I want to make it known that I am a crossdresser so I don't have to run when someone comes to the door. Be happy and have fun. There is nothing wrong with wearing clothes mens or women's. I am not a child molester and I don't dress as one. So what if someone decides they no longer want to know me because I am a women dresser. But I have never had it happen yet. Please let more people know and then they can be receptive. But more important have fun, it is very important.

Tess

STACY B
03-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Not long ago ,, In drab READY to do it had it down noooo problems ,,, At the ol MAC counter just fixen to get ,,, YE OL FOUNDATION MATCH ,,,, An BAM ,,, One of my sons friends comes by with his Gf ,, And the whole dam thing was shot . Awhile back before I realy lost most of my mind with this crap scared half to death ,, Was shopping with the SO , Was looking at some KILLER shoes ,,, Shoe fresk here , B ut anyway SO was kinda , realy , sorta not real comfy with the being out an seeing folks that we knew ,, But alrite with the dressin psrt but not alrite with the sharing with people part yet ,, An I was stalking this pair of heels an just fixxin to slip the ol croc off an try em on an BAM, There she was a real close friend , So automaticly went back into HUSBAND holding the purse mode an looking bored ,POf corse they started talkin about clothes an shoes I was just biting my tongue an wanting to jump in the conversation but I knew better. Another aborted mission.

Cheryl T
03-08-2012, 12:43 PM
Wouldn't bother me. If I'm out dressed then none and I do mean NONE of my "regular" friends would recognize me unless they heard me speak. Even then they would have to listen closely and people just don't do that in shopping mode.
We were out with a good friend (cd) and at this mall. We no sooner enter the mall then bingo...she sees someone who knows her. Well, we just walk like nothing is different and right past this person. Then never even took a second glance.
People just don't consider that they may know someone who is cd. The thought doesn't cross their mind so they don't look for us.
Just go out and enjoy...it's a big wonderful world.

PretzelGirl
03-08-2012, 10:46 PM
I have run into co-workers three times when close, many other times I had time to change direction. Cheryl is right. They aren't looking for us. To recognize you they need to be paying attention and they need to be able to process the differences. Most people are just going along and at best, they might flash some recognition out of the corner of their eyes when that person looks as they always do. So most of the time you can probably just glide on by.