PDA

View Full Version : Should i tell new real estate i'm a crossdresser, need advice?

PrettyFlowingGown
03-08-2012, 05:38 AM
Rare I ask for advice here, but need some now, so if anyone wants to hel....feel free!!!
I've been living in same unit for 6 and a half years, renting. My real estate knows i'm a crossdresser cause they do inspection every 3 mths and they see my evening gowns on the rack in my bedroom. They asked a few years ago did I have a lady living with me, and I said no, cause they were curious cause of the ladies gear. They have been accepting and supportive.
In recent months i've had trouble with next door neighbour who is manic depressive, skitzphrenic and yells abuse and talks to himself loudly of a night. Real estate wont kick him out, and police wont get involved cause hes doing it from inside his unit. I, however have had enough and I am moving to another unit in may, under a new real estate.

My question is - should i tell real estate i'm a crossdresser or just do what i did while here and let them find out for themselves?
I feel i've been lucky with my current real estate and they've let me be. i'm just scared other real estates may not be so supportive, and might object to my dressing.
Need advice here lease??

BRANDYJ
03-08-2012, 05:59 AM
I see no reason to tell anyone, especially your new landlord (real estate). If there was a good reason to tell someone, then tha's different. It is no one's business what you wear or store in your own home. So no need to tell them at this time. However, if in the future they do an inspection and find your feminine things and then ask you about them ( most would not mention what they saw) , then and only then you "might" want to tell them. Usually a landlord gives notice, 24 hours or more, about coming by to do an inspection. Here in the states, it's the law. They can not enter withut your permission and a notice. This should give you ample time to put away your clothes and other fem things. They do not have the right to snoop into your drawers or closets. So most likely they will not have a reason to know you are a CD. I only tell those that are very close to me or have aneed to know. Your new real estate does not have a reason to know. Good luck with your move. Hope it's a better situation then what you have put up with.

rachel_rachel
03-08-2012, 06:03 AM
It's not like a "no pets" policy... what you do is what you do.. i don't really think you're going to be writing on the wall with lipstick are you?

Kate T
03-08-2012, 06:13 AM
none of their bloody business!!! legally, moraly or ethically.

kimdl93
03-08-2012, 08:15 AM
I see no reason to tell the real estate agent anything of the sort. You're not required to do so, and frankly, its none of their business.

DonnaT
03-08-2012, 08:25 AM
No need to tell. I believe the right to accommodations is protected under the Queensland Anti-Discrimination Act of 1991.

Beth Mays
03-08-2012, 08:36 AM
If Crazy Joe can yell and get loud in his unit... you should be able to dress up in yours.

heel_addict
03-08-2012, 08:45 AM
Hell no! Just thinking about it, what you're asking is completely outrageous! Having people inspect your place, snooping all around asking indscreet questions???

1. It is NONE of their business.
2. It is not similar to a "no pets" regulation, totally different situation.
3. You might have a lady visiting from time to time, even a guy, in the event you're gay, but in all those cases, it's none of their bloody business!
4. It is completely absurd feeling "guilty" about something which is NOT against the law! You're not selling heroine, are you? It's just your personal style.

So, needless to say, don't mention a thing (unless of course you WANT to mention it) and they can't do anything about it, they can't even kick you out of the house most of the times even if they wanted to.

P.S. Even if some people might be trying to penalize crossdressing, they actually can't!

Jocelyn Quivers
03-08-2012, 10:18 AM
Unless you want them to know I see no reason. Even if they do "inspections" and find women's clothes and accuse you of having someone else living with you who is not on the lease. Your only response need be the clothes are mine, no one else lives here, and leave it at that.

JenniferR771
03-08-2012, 10:33 AM
Sure. Tell them upfront. Then there is no problem of discovery. You are not ashamed of crossdressing are you? If they are not completely OK with the idea, go to another real estate concern.

docrobbysherry
03-08-2012, 11:02 AM
I work in rental real estate in Cal., PFG. Even here landlords have the right to inspect their occupied units for defects and damage every so often with proper notice.

As a rental agent, I do NOT want to know nor do I CARE what my tenants do behind closed doors! I only hope they will abide by the terms of the Rental Agreement, pay rent on time, and take proper care of the unit! I often get 3 or more adult applicants for a house or condo. They often try to explain who will be sleeping in which bedroom. I immediately cut them off. Explaining that's none of my business. I only care how many will be living there, NOT where they will be sleeping!

I expect once ANY landlord or rental agent that finds out how u dress AFTER they know u r a good, responsible tenant, they will NOT CARE IN THE LEAST! My advice? Don't tell!

jillleanne
03-08-2012, 11:31 AM
I use www.gayrealestate.com and tell them you are gender enhanced. All is well there. I tell them because they are sensitive to my gender issues when seeking a safe location to live.

Carole
03-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Evening gowns left out should be no problem, just don't leave any wigs about they might think you have cats and not be abiding with a 'no pets' clause. Your personal life is non of their business at the end of the day.

~Joanne~
03-08-2012, 02:11 PM
I agree with all of the girls, it's really none of their business what you do behind closed doors or even open ones as long as your not breaking any laws. I wouldn't say a word but then again I am closeted so saying anything would never cross my mind lol

Etsy
03-10-2012, 06:41 AM
Ugh. I hear you loud and clear.

The lady from who owns the condo I am renting is selling and every couple of days there is a viewing. Putting away everything in the closet is starting to wear on my patience. Sometimes viewings are when I am at home and I'd rather not have a conversation about crossdressing with the people who are coming in to have a look.

I have a fairly androgenous appearance anyway but I'd rather just leave out some of my more girly things because my friends are all cool with it. Often I have thought about telling the real estate agent who manages this place that I am going to leave things out because I am tired of moving all of telltale crossdresser things into the closet before a viewing. People tend to shrug off the androgyny and generally just try to radar me to figure me out which I am fine with by I don't particularily care for crossdresser conversations with strangers. At this point I just want this place to sell because I want to go back to having my place the way it was before.

Maybe your new place will not have regular inspections but if they do, I'd not say anything and keep them guessing unless they seem cool. My landlady knows I crossdress and is fine with it which has been really freeing in the past. I hope your new place is rad and you can just be free to be yourself around anyone who comes to your home.