PDA

View Full Version : I can't go in there.

Pinky188
03-08-2012, 06:53 PM
So a store opened up awhile ago, next to the automotive shop where I work. Im so bummed because its a used clothing store that only carries really cool womans clothing, and the things in the window are just my style! I work on the owner's car and he knows me, so I can't go in and try stuff on! Im really, really upset about this!!! Ugh!!! Just had to vent! Thanks!!!

AllieSF
03-08-2012, 06:56 PM
I know how you feel. That is like having the cake and not being able to eat it.

kimdl93
03-08-2012, 07:03 PM
The owner in question owns women's clothing store....hmmmmmm

Pinky188
03-08-2012, 07:05 PM
I know, right?!!!!!! There is a skirt in the window I want soooo bad!!!

drag n fly
03-08-2012, 07:19 PM
There's gotta be a way, Pinky...Go look at the stuff....see if the SA can pick up stuff you want and you could pay later...Maybe? Jackie

Launa
03-08-2012, 07:21 PM
That's just pure torture, I don't know what to say to you other than look away from the window if you can.

heel_addict
03-08-2012, 07:23 PM
So what? Pretend it's a gift or something for your girlfriend! That means you wouldn't be able to try it on but you can do it if you really really want that skirt :)

Pinky188
03-08-2012, 07:33 PM
That's just pure torture, I don't know what to say to you other than look away from the window if you can.

This made me laugh out loud!!

Jessica Who
03-08-2012, 07:35 PM
Sorry to hear you can't go in, we feel your pain!

BRANDYJ
03-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Maybe you could disquise your voice, or have a friend call the store and ask if they have a problem in men shopping for themselves in the store. If the male owner is CD, he may even admit it and welcome you in. Just a thought.

Kerstin
03-08-2012, 07:41 PM
Get yourself a burqa. All they'll see is your eyes. Just make sure to pay in cash.

Karren H
03-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Take him aside and talk him it to a deal.... Free or heavily discounted labor on repairs on his vehicle for free after hours access to his store! Lol. Win win!!

Jacqueline Winona
03-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Listen to Karren! :) I'm thinking if there's a will, there's a way! Seriously, good luck, take your time and I bet you come up with a solution.

STACY B
03-08-2012, 09:30 PM
The owner in question owns women's clothing store....hmmmmmm

That kim is SMOKIN ME out today . Owns ye ol ladys clothing store ummmmmm well,, well very interesting ???? I cant beleave ya cant get this one ??? Come onnnn ??? Alrite but yall OWE me this time ,, Put on a local church Tshirt right ,, Then go in an say Im collecting some womans clothes for the church an ya dont say all of LADYS are JUSTTTTTT About my size ,,, WINK,,,,WINK,,,

Barbara Ella
03-08-2012, 09:38 PM
I have a feeling that the steam on the window, and the puddle of drool where you are standing might have already alerted someone. Man up...and lie lie lie..

Babes

Diane Smith
03-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Any chance of swapping car service work for a shopping spree at the store?

- Diane

rocketscientist
03-08-2012, 09:52 PM
I'm with those that think it peculiar that this guy owns a women's clothing store. Does he run it himself or does he have a wife that does? If he runs it himself there is a good chance he might be one of us. I think you may want to find out more about the owner. Just might turn out to be a beautiful friendship. Best wishes, Tonya

Pinky188
03-08-2012, 09:59 PM
His wife runs it. But he is there alot!

Pinky188
03-08-2012, 10:00 PM
any chance of swapping car service work for a shopping spree at the store?

- diane

i wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Missy Tanya
03-08-2012, 11:55 PM
Their just teasing you. They really know all about you. That's why they picked that spot.

Did that help any? I know your dilemma, I can't go out in my home town and there is two or three stores just calling my name.

Tanya

Chickhe
03-09-2012, 01:41 AM
Offer your help to work in the store on weekends to earn a few extra bucks... then you can sell therm to yourself.

Misti
03-09-2012, 01:54 AM
Very Interesting predicament, Pinky! There are no coincidences, you know? (Source: First Insight of the Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield) :D
There's some interesting suggestions presented here already, (I love Karren's) so, best of luck!

:2c: Besides this "Man up, :Angry3: negative crap," there's got to be a "constructive criticism solution" forthwith coming from the gals here somehow? L&R

Beverley Sims
03-09-2012, 05:30 AM
Have a new girl friend every week and lots of birthdays you need to buy for.
Amazingly all the same style and size, even your 50 year old mum is the same size as that 18 yr old blond bombshell.

Nope! Won't work.:)

Claire Cook
03-09-2012, 05:44 AM
Talk about approach - avoidance conflict! How about this: you go in, tell them that you need some rags for oily work and that skirt is JUST the right material?

No? Then again, they MIGHT just understand....

noeleena
03-09-2012, 06:01 AM
Hi,

Do a dare with your work mates & say whos game enough to go buy a dress / skirt next door . Your covered, Then tell his wife your on a dare go girl just go do it,

or not, its just a bl....dy rag,

Wheres you girl friend, or any woman friend tell them to buy it,

No bigge there concerning men & shops we have many men here who own womens wear shops dont think any thing of it, its a business,

...noeleena...

~Joanne~
03-09-2012, 06:40 AM
I would go with the whole lying thing and say hey I have a _________ that would love that skirt, how much is it? Throw it in a bag and I'll take it.

Leanne2
03-09-2012, 06:48 AM
In my small town there is a store that sells new and used women's formal wear. I would love to go in there trolling for pretty things but the owner knows me as a man. She also knows everyone else in my family so I can't go in there. I have to shop for formals in a different town. Leanne

Misti
03-09-2012, 03:24 PM
In my small town there is a store that sells new and used women's formal wear. I would love to go in there trolling for pretty things but the owner knows me as a man. She also knows everyone else in my family so I can't go in there. I have to shop for formals in a different town. Leanne
It would be an interesting statistic to me personally to get an idea of just how many such stories there are out there in the "Naked City?" Lots of our "closeted friends," I would expect? I for one am so very fortunate that I can go shopping with my SO, but just remember this, it took a very, very long time to get there. :battingeyelashes:

Moral. Be very patient, be very persistant, be very resourceful, be an "idea" girl, but be very, very careful, too. This will work out for you all in the long run, :devil: believe me, as I never thought I would get over the French Maginot LIne (*), either.
BTW Just remember, too, that the Germans beat it like it was a drum (see url). (*) This reference to the Maginot Line is used to recall a strategy or object that people hope will prove effective but instead fails miserably....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maginot_Line

Good luck L&R :love:

DCChris
03-09-2012, 03:27 PM
I'm just across the river from you (depending on where in NoVA). Drop me a pm and maybe I can get in there to get something you have your eyes on.

DonnaT
03-09-2012, 03:29 PM
I'm just across the river from you (depending on where in NoVA). Drop me a pm and maybe I can get in there to get something you have your eyes on.
I was thinking along those lines myself ;)

Not quite the same as needing to act on the desire to go in and browse though, is it?

Lorileah
03-09-2012, 05:11 PM
I work on the owner's car and he knows me, so I can't go in and try stuff on!

This is called reciprocity, he would probably like some of his money back.

Pinky188
03-10-2012, 05:47 PM
No-one mentioned a tunnel yet. Hey it works for bank jobs! There might even be a film in it :) "Pinky's Eleven."

Too Funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelia
03-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Take him aside and talk him it to a deal.... Free or heavily discounted labor on repairs on his vehicle for free after hours access to his store! Lol. Win win!!

Always the eternal optimist... and so creative! I love it!

The other choice is to test the waters and think about how you could come out to your boss. If you are valuable to him, I do not see him giving you up because you crossdress.

StephanieDragg
03-12-2012, 01:55 PM
I had the same problem a couple years ago, there is a wonderful resale shop 2 doors down from where I work, and I also do work for her on the side cutting her little bit of lawn.... When I went in to get paid there was a great pr of leather stiletto boots there I just had to try on...... I wrestled with it for a bit then finally decided to let her in on my secret and the boots would be for me, I made sure to bring a picture so she knew what I was about ,..... she was so happy I shared we became great friends and I go there all the time sometimes dressed fully sometimes in drab and it is great! The boots were a little tight so I did not get them, but I have had great luck finding other things there of coarse and have even had some fun taking her out to dinner and drinks... Good Luck

Kaitlyn26
03-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Sunglasses, hair over your ears, and mumble. They'll never know it's you. Just make sure to keep the lenses facing the person as they wait on you.

tiffanyjo89
03-13-2012, 10:38 AM
Regarding the original post:

I know what you mean. There's a clothing store that sells used women's clothing a couple towns over and has some great stuff at pretty cheap prices from what I gather and part of me (guess which part) wants to go in there so bad...but I heard about the store from a couple people in my church (yep...a women's clothing store that's somewhat frequented by people at my church...no problem at all...right?).

Of course there's a store with a similar concept, but mixed clothing in my town...

Pinky188
03-13-2012, 06:02 PM
OK! So I grew some and went in today. No one seemed to know who I was so I bought this beautiful wedding gown for $50.00!!! Its a corset mermaid cut and I just want to wear it everywhere!!! I have to say though, the place was much more Intriguing when I didnt think I could go in! Ha!!

Laura912
03-13-2012, 06:06 PM
"Hey, Billy Bob. What's that there wedding dress doing under my car?"