PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Help re Lost C-Cross Referral

Natasha_C
03-09-2012, 01:41 PM
I wondered could someone please help ?

I had my psych appt for my C-Cross referral in September & they said it is my GP who has to make the referral.

They wrote back to my GP asking him to refer me to Charing Cross and to raise PCT funding explaining I had their full suppport.

My GP is really helpful and confirmed he would do everything possible to raise the PCT funding. This was then confirmed, and the NHS psychiatric unit saw me again some 8 weeks later confirming the PCT had approved the funding, and I was now to wait for the C-Cross appointment.

I was a little worried I had heard nothing early this year, so a few weeks ago went back to see my GP who said it “was all in hand” and “if I was worried to call C-Cross directly”.

Still having heard nothing & urged by a friend in the community, I felt I should make contact with C-Cross by telephone today, and have just found they do not have my GP referral.

I cant yet find out why this is, as my GP cant see me for 10 days, but clearly someone has been negligent, and it appears to be my GP.

Charing Cross have told me I will sadly be right at the back of the queue, but I can fax across the psych report which "will speed things a little".

I wondered is there anything I can do if my GP will admit to being at fault to bring the appointment forward, or is this procedure quite set in stone. If so I am so very disappointed, and if anyone could help with advice what I should do, I would be so grateful.

Sandra
03-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Go to your GP and tell the receptionist what has happened, and ask that a note be left for your GP to fax the psych report to Charing Cross, it just might help.